11/10/14

London Calling

|
Well friends, there is a new city-named product in store at Express. First there was the Portofino Shirt, then the Barcelona Cami, and now for fall 2014 there is the London SweaterYou know Express is serious about a product when they give it a city name, and I think London is the perfect name for a cozy, relaxed fit sweater.

London Sweater / Marled London Sweater 



I haven't been shopping the sweater section because it's been so warm here, so I didn't notice this new piece until Erin shared this look on Instagram and said it was her new obsession: 
Express London Sweater, Mars Red, Minus the Leather Moto Jacket
(For reference Erin is wearing an XS in the London Sweater)

Update: After the original post I tried this on in-store and am adding in my fit notes here so all of the London sweater details are in one place:
Express London Sweater review, fit notes, outfit idea
Wearing: Express London Sweater Leggings / Necklace / Old Navy Booties

Fit Notes: I'm wearing a size XS on the two photos on the left, and a size Small on the two photos on the right. As you can see, it is a relaxed fit, oversized sweater, and there's not a major difference between the two sizes.  I was torn about what size to get because I wanted to be sure it looked oversized and was long enough to wear with leggings. I was a little worried that the XS was borderline. But two sales associates they convinced me to go XS because they have these sweaters and find that they stretch and lengthen a bit with wear throughout the day.

* * *
And in the spirit of the new London sweater, I thought I'd take a closer look at some fashionable ladies from London like Kate Beckinsale, Kate Moss, and Emily Blunt. I specifically pulled outfits of them in sweaters for additional styling inspiration:

Kate Beckinsale Sweater Style:

Kate Moss Sweater Style:

Emily Blunt Sweater Style:

Kate Beckinsale has been one of my favorite style inspirations for awhile, and she was definitely ahead of the pink coat trend that's big right now. This picture is from February 2013, and it's pretty easy to shop the look this fall:

Kate Beckinsale Pink Coat Look
Pink Cocoon Coat / Mid Rise Jean Legging / Waffle Print Scarf /  Curved Heel Bootie

And even though she's from London, Kate lives in LA now, making some of her outfits a little more weather-friendly for me...and very similar to things I've already worn:
T-Shirts: Old Navy / Distressed Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) / Necklace: Express / White Jeans: Express (Similar) / Bracelet: Express / Taupe Booties: Target / Cognac Peeptoe Booties: Forever21

* * *
I hope you found some fun fashion inspiration today, either from the London sweater or one of the ladies from London. And before you go, there's still time to enter the $260 Nordstrom Giveaway HERE

Shop the Post:






Linking up with:
Marvelous Monday / Rachelle & Charnele /
Laura  & Erin / Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / Tara / Shanna / JoLynne
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci

Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        



CONVERSATION

27 comments:

  1. The London sweater definitely looks like a great addition to anyone's closet this winter! I desperately need a few oversized sweaters so I'll for sure have to check this one out. I love Kate Beckinsale's style, always so relaxed but really put together! You style definitely mimics hers!

    Hope you had a great weekend love!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for sweater weather! The London sweater looks like a keeper!
    -Kat
    http://www.katwalksf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a relaxed fit sweater so thanks for the tip! Love all three celebrities that you featured, especially Kate. Love her poncho and long cardigan. And you both look amazing in jeans! Have a great week, Gina! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate Moss has the best sweater style IMHO - thanks for the style inspo Gina!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! The ladies are serious style icons! I love Kate because she always looks so pulled together yet still approachable fashion wise for us non-famous people. ;) Hope you had a great weekend!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kate Beckinsale, not only is she super beautiful she is very talented and has great style! I love all of these great sweater looks :)

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, love the high-low hemline on the London sweater! Looks like the perfect sweater...comfy, perfect thickness, and versatile! I like the fit on Erin better than the models, so it would be interesting to try one on. Great style icons here...like you, I relate most with Kate Beckinsale's style!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate Beckinsale is one of my favorites for fashion inspiration! Love the high/low hem of the London sweater!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have never guessed Erin was wearing the same sweater as the stock photos! I was seriously comfused at first because I thought it was just a cami and her moto jacket! Now I am extra intrigued! On another note, you and Erin could be body doubles. I really thought that was you in the thumbnail! Anyhoo- you know it's real when they name it. So naturally, I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always really loved Kate Beckinsale's style! Definitely one of my ultimate favs. I will have to check out Emily Blunt's since it is so similar! Nothing is better than a cozy sweater during the cold weather. Makes me think of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might have to copy Kate's pink coat style! I am having some major fashion inspo!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like Express always comes out with good sweaters in the Winter! That pink coat is gorgeous, too. I got a pink coat for Christmas last year, but it was more of a brighter pink.. I think I need blush now haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sweater looks very cozy. Thanks for sharing these looks!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidilife.com

    P.S. Hope that you will stop by Thursday and join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really feeling express sweaters lately, but I have enough for this year (it doesn't get that cold here either). I'm also loving the simple tee look myself. They are instantly my favorite.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore Kate's looks! I mean, she is gorgeous and has the best ombre hair ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh I love those London sweaters! I never seem to find the right ones because they are either too bulky or not warm enough, but it's definitely something my wardrobe is lacking. Kate Beckinsale's sweater style is amazing! You always give me something new to try one at Express and I CANNOT go in there and not think of you!! lol Hope you have a great week!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that sweater - it's so perfect for fall! I will definitely be checking it out. Kate Beckinsale has such great style. She does casual so well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooooh I like the london sweater and I actually like the fit on Erin way more, so I may have to size down. It's looks light enough to be worn here, I need to check it out in stores. Kate is a rockstar, it she's pretty and her style is very accessible.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the high low hem on the London sweater. I think I like the oversized fit too. I will definitely have to try this one on in store to see how it fits. And, I have a pink coat on my "list". The list of things I don't need, but want :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. oooooh I want that sweater!!!! I would definitely need to try it on though. Guess I have to go to the mall.... does Express have good black friday sales? lol
    Kate Beckinsale always looks so flawless, even when she has a super simple outfit. and Emily Blunt is so freaking cute I just want to be her friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my... now I need the London sweater. Looks so comfy! I'm waiting until black Friday to score some express items

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been looking for a sweater to pair well with my leggings and this looks like a great option. I will have to check it out! You always find items at Express that I might not have a give second look, but then realize I need... I hope you had a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love London in general (total anglophile right hereeeee), and I really dig this sweater! I like how you can size down and wear it more fitted, or size up and go loose 'n floaty. I want one! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is definitely a lovely knitted top. The only thing is that in London we call it a jumper :))

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fun post! I need to stock up on some winter sweater staples!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love sweaters and scarfs. That's the best part about fall/winter! ;-)

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!