11/21/14

Friday Favorites 11/21/14

|
Since my bonus Thursday post of  Favorite Fall Shoes took up most of my Regularly Scheduled Blogging Time for the week, this week's Friday Favorites list is on the short side. But I'm sure you'll get no shortage of my Express favorites and reader favorites next week during the Black Friday sales. And speaking of which...if you end up making some Black Friday purchases at Express next week, let me know via email, blog comment, or on Instagram! I'd love to do a round-up post of "what everyone bought during the sale" but I need lots of collaboration and input to make that happen.

And now on with some of my favorite things this week...


1. The Striped Tee

Okay, this sounds like the opposite of a favorite, but you know what bloggers hate? We hate it when we buy something great and by the time we get to share it with our readers it's sold out. That happened to me with my $16 Striped Tee two weeks ago. But the good news is, it's back in stock here:
Striped Tee: NordstromAll other outfit details here.

For size reference, I am wearing an XS in this tee. It runs on the small/fitted side for an XS, so if you're looking for a more relaxed fit, I recommend sizing up.


2. Why Didn't I Think of That?

Score one more versatility point for the Barcelona Cami! I have layered mine under jackets and blazers but why didn't I think to layer it under a sweater like Skye did with her Windowpane Cami here?
I loved the way this looked with the print peeking out at the bottom of her sweater and will have to see if I can make this work with the London sweaters (i.e. the only sweaters I own).


3. It's That Time of Year...

It's hard to believe that some people (like Nicole) are already starting to attend Holiday Parties! Express has a big selection of party apparel in stock and I'm starting to see some fun pieces pop up here and there on Instagram.

Like this Black Lace Open Back Dress on Erin:

And this Chiffon Fringe Mini Skirt on Brooklyn Blonde via Instagram:


And that's my quick round-up for today! Just a brief side note to congratulate the Nordstom Giveaway winner Melissa, and to everyone else have a great weekend and see you back on Monday for a Sagittarius Style post!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci /  Fashion Friday 

CONVERSATION

28 comments:

  1. The fringe skirt is definitely on my list for Black Friday...I've been wanting one for at least a year now LOL. I'm glad your striped tee is back in stock, I tried to purchase it and it was out! I hate when that happens too LOL

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the chiffon fringe skirt but I already purchase a statement mini skirt. I would love to try it on in stores.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you styled your striped tee with a hint of leopard...perfect way to mix it up! Thanks for featuring my outfit. It is now my fav thing to do. Enjoy your weekend doll!

    Skye

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fringe skirt is fab! Love the windowpane cami peeking out of the sweater too!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the looks you put together for the striped tee. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fringe skirt I want, since I don't really have a statement skirt like that. I'm also loving the stripe tee. That is an item I'm getting for sure next week.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lace dress is gorgous and that skirt is to die for! I really love the party dress selection Express offers and they really never dissapoint (ever). Layering the barelona tank under a sweater is a great idea! xo
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing in that lace dress, Gina! Are you going Black Friday shopping at Express this year? If so, I'd love to see what you end up with. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually not me in the lace dress! That's Erin (I linked to her IG account above), but I have been told she could be my body double so I can understand the confusion. :)

      Delete
  9. Of course that shirt is back now that I found another one... ha! Blogger problems. I love that fringe mini. If I felt like I would ever get enough wear out of it, I'd snap it up. I'm not sure I'll be buying much on black Friday as I have been shopping all month....

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lace dress is gorgeous and I think I need that fringe skirt!
    ~Elise @ highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to get that fringe mini, but like Amy Ann, I wouldn't get enough wear out of it. And great idea to layer the Barcelona under a sweater. I just ordered one - eek!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to layering that cami underneath a sweater! Genius stuff right there!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the striped tee on you! i have to make myself not buy it, i already have like 5.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A striped tee is a staple.
    http://www.fashionablyspeakn.com/2014/11/fbf-flash-back-friday-me-and-rabbit.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how your styled your striped tee so many ways! That's the sign of a great purchase! Have a super weekend!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. In love with the lace dress and the fringe skirt, gorgeous!! A striped tee is such a classic piece and love all the ways you've styled yours. Enjoy your weekend:)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the shout out Gina! That open back dress is the perfect party piece and so pretty! Have a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh.my.goodness!!! That black backless dress looks a-MAY-zing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anything stripes is amazing, i think its my inner french girl coming out! Oui oui?

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay!!! I'm totally ordering that striped tee now! I've been thinking of it since you posted!!
    And yeah. And I need the fringe mini.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all the different looks from a simple striped tee! I also can't wait to shop the Express BF sale, it's always one of my favorites, but most of mine will be online :)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the striped shirt...and the price!! :-) and yes to the layered Barcelona...I discovered this one myself when I wore mine and then was trying a sheer sweater on in the dressing room that day so I left it on...I was like, hey-these camis work great for layering!!! I'm definitely looking to add some printed ones to my closet :-)

    KellieEdwards @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It drives me crazy, too, when I get something SUPER amazing and I want to share it with my readers...and then it's sold out! Glad to see that the shirt is back in stock though--it looks great on you!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    XxMO
    madame-ostrich.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. love a striped t-shirt! such a classic piece for a closet! love how you styled it!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!