10/1/14

Pin-Spired October

|
In September I think I did about eleventy-million Pin-spired outfits so for this month's Pin-spired challenge I'm doing a recap of some of my favorite posts and outfits this month.


1. Taking Summer Pieces into Fall: (Original post here)

I brought Carylee's Polyvore set to real life while making plans to transition some of my favorite Summer pieces (like this red cami) into Fall.

The Polyvore Creation:

The Real-Life Translation:

One: Barcelona Cami: Express (Engine Red) / Twill Moto Jacket: Express (in Foliage) / Shorts: Express / Shoes: Nordstrom

Two: Barcelona Cami:  Express / Scarf: Express (Similar) / (Minus the Leather) Jacket: Express/ Olive Skinnies: Similar / Booties: Target (Similar)

Three: Barcelona Cami:  Express / Blazer: Express / Jeans: Similar / Shoes: Macy's or Nordstrom / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Similar / Clutch: Express


2. How Old is Too Old? (Original post here)

This post was all about not letting age dictate where you shop and showing that even Betty White could shop at Express and find something that suits her style at age 92.  The comments on this were some of my favorites to date! I loved hearing from stylish ladies in their 40s and 50s who shop where they want, when they want and don't let anything hold them back.
Barcelona Cami: Express / Teal Blazer: Piperlime (in black, Similar in teal) / Black Skinnies: Express / Bracelet: Nordstrom / Necklace: Express / Shoes: TJ Maxx (old) (Option)



3. My Most Repinned Fall Outfits (Original post here)

I shared my version of the top three fall looks I've pinned on Pinterest that keep getting re-pinned again and again:

Classic tee shirt and jeans outfit from The Northeast Girl:
White Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Belt: Gap / Bag: Aldo (Similar) / Flats: Target (Current) / Jacket: Express

Nina Dobrev's Black Moto Jacket outfit:

Moto Jacket: Express / Tile Blue Barcelona Cami: Express / Black Skinnies: Express / Scarf: Express / Flats: Target (Current) / Converse: Nordstrom

Another classic t-shirt and jeans with some added fall layers: (Source)
Blazer: Piperlime (Exact in Black, Similar in Gray) / T-Shirt: Old Navy / Scarf: Express / Jeans: Express (Distressed Option, Regular Option) / Flats: Target (Current) / Boo


4. Colored Jeans: In or Out for Fall: (Original post here):

I went to the Fashion Authority (ahem, People Style Watch) to get the scoop on which colored jeans are IN or OUT for fall. (Spoiler: Burgundy jeans like these are in).

Burgundy jeans styling options, Express dark red jean leggings


5. Libra Style (Original post here)

Every month I do a style analysis for one sign of the Zodiac, and this month was all about Libras like Hilary Duff.
Hilary Duff Style, Libra Fashion Style

Blue Plaid Shirt Outfit: Shirt: Express / Gray Jeans: Old Navy / Booties: Nordstrom (Similar) / Bracelet: Express / Belt: Target

Red/White Plaid Shirt Outfit: Shirt: Express / Scuba Leggings: Express / Booties: Express (Similar) / Bracelet: Express


6. Shopping Date (Original post here)

After a year-long virtual friendship I finally got to have a real life shopping date with my blogging friend Carylee.  I went for a comfortable, casual, celeb inspired shopping outfit for our first (hopefully of many) get together.

Top: Similar / Belt: Gap / Shorts: Similar / Sandals: Sam Edelman Sutton (Similar)

* * *
Thanks for joining me on my little trip down memory lane! On Friday I'll be sharing some of my favorites this week, including a piece that's been out of stock for months and is finally back! I hope you'll stop back by and check it out.

Shop the Post:



Get Pinspired Linkup:


Get Pin-Spired Linkup:  Pinterest Told Me ToThe Larson Lingo, and Mix & Match Mama


Also Linking up with:

 Shanna Alison Lindsey / Grace / Elizabeth / Brenna / Victoria / Tara Jacqueline & Elle / Jenna  Fashion Friday / Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci /

CONVERSATION

43 comments:

  1. I have not worn my red cami yet, thank you for all the inspiration. I need to try that Reese/Lauren look, I love it!

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see how you wear your red cami. I'm sure I'll copy you next! Haha.

      Delete
  2. I never would have never thought to pair the red cami with green jeans! I It goes perfect with the leopard print scarf too!

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly would never have paired them either. Kudos to Carylee on that pairing. :)

      Delete
  3. So much inspiration in this post! My favorites are red cami with the olive and leopard and the white tee, gray jacket and orange scarf!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! Glad you found some good inspiration here!

      Delete
  4. I still love that plaid/leopard scarf. It's like my two favorite things in one! Totally wish I had it in my closet. Every time you share the cami, I think I am going to get one. Soon! Love all your looks as usual.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They realllly need to re-release that scarf! I got so many compliments on it when I wore it last year.

      Delete
  5. Where to start...so many good ones here!! First off, I love how you recreated Carylee's Polyvore sets & they are all 3 great outfits!!!! Love them! My other faves are the coral leopard scarf and your outfit from the Carylee meet-up! Of course, both that scarf and shirt aren't available anymore...boo! I'll just keep looking for similar items, haha! Thanks for the recap!
    Kellie@ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's SOOO annoying when things sell out before I can even blog them! Sometimes it's easy to find something similar, sometimes notsomuch.

      Delete
  6. I really love these pin-spired posts! Really love all these looks and you are always spot on. The classic tee & white denim are so simple but that's probably one of my faves, it's so pretty and chic.
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love that grey & white outfit and that is my single most re-pinned pin! Simple but classic and fabulous.

      Delete
  7. how do you just pull absolutely everything off? I love the hilary duff outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to get more use out of my Moto Jacket! I will be stalking all of your pictures for ideas on what to pair it with!
    ~Elise @ highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop wearing it so you're sure to see PLENTY of photos with it. :)

      Delete
  9. I love how you can match things so well! The first one with the cami is perfection!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the barcelona tank in cream and in houndstooth and you are making me want to return the hounds tooth and snatch up the red. It looks good with everything you paired with it! Pinterest is so inspiring and I often go there to get my creative juices flowing! Hope you are having a great day!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! But your inner Gwen will make you want to keep the houndstooth. I think the only answer is to keep houndstooth and eventually get the red. :)

      Delete
  11. This morning as I walk out my door wearing one of these cami and I was thinking I need to get some more of them. I don't have the red one, and the crazy thing is that after looking at this post I'm temping to get it lol, I need other stuff too, so I have to stop lol. Love how you style the red cami here.

    Kreyola Jounerys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I am glad someone can relate to my addiction/collection issue. I want them all! You would look great in red so I don't think you'd regret getting it.

      Delete
  12. You translate pins into real-life better than anyone I know! I love your boards, and am constantly inspired! I don't pin as often as I'd like, but it's a total closet saver! If I'm ever feeling stuck on what to wear or how to remix certain pieces, Pinterest is my go-to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Noelle! Thank you! And yes, the best pins are the ones where I already have everything and don't have to shop for something. :)

      Delete
  13. You really do a great job with bringing pins to "real life." I've been pinning tons lately because I've been feeling a little uninspired. I'm hoping I can bring my pins to life as well as you do. I love your outfit from your visit with Carylee and yes, Express should bring back that coral leopard scarf. I still want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy! I think I've refined my skills in choosing what will work for me. :)

      Delete
  14. I always enjoy seeing what you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many super cute outfits - who knew a simple red cami can be so versatile! Love looking at all these looks for a few minutes, to take it all it ;-)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, yes, yes- you nailed the styling here, Gina! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all of these styles! Your blog is amazing :) Just followed you on twitter, pinterest and bloglovin. Looking forward to future posts!

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay
    Twitter
    Bloglovin
    Instagram
    Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follows and the sweet words, Chelsea!

      Delete
  18. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your looks! But my favorite is definitely the white jeans with the grey tee and military jacket! I might have to try that!!!
    Thanks so much for linking up!
    xoxo,
    Sheaffer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I love that one too. So simple but so chic and cute! Why can't I think of these things on my own?

      Delete
  19. Wow you pull off every single outfit perfectly. Jealous!
    Nilla Forever

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another post i mentally replied to but didn't physicaly do it!
    I honestly think you are the queen of Pinspiration! And you have the perfect eye to find a look tbat is easy to create but still really interesting! I realize everyone uses Pinterest for this but you are really great ar execution which is something not all people are good at! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great outfit inspo! I love Hillary duff's outfits, and you pull that off really well. Also loving that gray blazer!
    htp://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this post! I am obsessed with pintrest and definitely look to it for some style inspiration! I'd love to participate in the link up:)

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really love how you made a Polyvore set and then brought it to real life ;) thanks for linking up with us :)

    XO
    http://www.gracefulleemade.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!