10/22/14

Monthly Fashion Horoscope: Scorpio

|
If your birthday falls between October 23 and November 21 , you are a Scorpio, and this post is all about your style.


To start from the beginning of this series you can go back to each of these posts for a fashion overview on each sign:

Part One : (Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer)
Part Two: (Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn)

If you're one of the first seven signs of the Zodiac, you can view the full style details for your sign in these posts:
Aries / Taurus Gemini / Cancer / Leo / Virgo / Libra

Now for this month's Astrological Sign, Scorpio. Here are some key Scorpio traits, summarized from this article.
  • Element: Water
  • Flower: Chrysanthemum (Source)
  • Symbol: The Scorpion 
  • Scorpios shouldn't be taken lightly. They are intense and passionate, clever, perceptive, stubborn and determined to succeed.
  • They are serious in their mission to learn about others. Their curiosity is immeasurable and they make great investigators.
  • Although Scorpios can be very emotional, they often keep it repressed. But if someone crosses them they can turn vindictive in no time flat!
  • They are caring and devoted with their lovers, although they may hold on a bit tight!
Famous Scorpio Women:
Katy Perry, Scarlett Johansson, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Anne Hathaway, Lorde, Julia Roberts, Meg Ryan, Jodie Foster, Chloe Sevigny, Ellen Pompeo, Demi Moore, Jami Lee Curtis, Goldie Hawn, Thandie Newton, Jenny McCarthy, Sally Field, Gabrielle Union, Kendall Jenner,  Miranda Lambert

Famous Scorpio Men:
Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Gosling, Gerard Butler, Dylan McDermott, Owen Wilson, David Schwimmer, Chris Noth, Drake, Bill Gates


Scorpio Style Inspirations:

Kendall Jenner:

Kendall Jenner-Inspired Outfit:
Blazer: H&M (Option) / Barcelona Cami: Express / Jeans: Nordstrom / Necklace: Target / Bracelet: Express / Bag: Forever 21 / Shoes: Nordstrom (Similar)


Emma Stone:

Emma Stone-Inspired Outfit:
Blazer: Piperlime / Barcelona Cami: Express / Jeans: Express (Current) / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express / Flats: Target 


Scorpio Simplicity:

It's always surprising that with all their money and access to high-end fashion, so many celebs (like these two Scorpios Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams) really spend a lot of time in just the basic t-shirt and jeans!

Scorpio Simplicity Style:
Tee: Old Navy /  Jeans: Nordstrom (Similar) / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express / Booties; Target
* * *
As always, I look forward to hearing from Scorpios and their friends and family members about how well you identify with the traits listed and any of the fashion-minded celebs who share your sign. I also don't do a great job of keeping up with the Kardashians, so I hope all of the pictures I shared of of Kendall are actually Kendall and not Kylie...I get "konfused" between the two. 

Shop the Post:





Also linking up with:

 Shanna Alison Lindsey / Grace , Elizabeth  & Brenna / Victoria / Liz / Oh, Hey Girl! /
Tara Jenna  / Fashion Friday / Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci /  

CONVERSATION

31 comments:

  1. I love Emma Stone's style because she loves her basics just like me. I really love Kendall's style lately but I honestly think this is the work of a stylist.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to admit it but Kendall Jenner is just flawless. I can't even dislike her for initially being famous for nothing. You duplicated her look perfectly! It's so nice to see that you don't need to be a Kardashian (Jenner) to look like a millon bucks! I do agree with Rachelle that she probably gets styled by a stylist, but she makes the clothes look good! Love Emma Stone too!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried 3 times to comment! Sorry if you are getting this more than once. I will just text you. I give up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your Kendall Jenner-inspired outfit!!! I think she might be my new style icon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, forgot to mention I'm here from the link-up. You can check out my post at http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2014/10/what-i-wore-wednesday_14.html :)

      Delete
  5. Ooo, loving your "duplicate" outfits today!! Both of the looks with the jackets are great...casual chic for sure!! And your comment about how the people with all the money are typically just in jeans and a tee (jennifer Aniston comes to mind) is so true! They sure make it look effortless and classic though! Great sum up of the Scorpios :-)
    Kelie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Scorpio and I really do identify with each of the traits you mention in your post. Sometime it is eerie how close those trait are to me, and makes you wonder who came up with these, and how did they get it so close. Kendall Jenner is my all time favorite as far as fashion goes.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with both of your Emma Stone inspired looks, perfect styling and super effortless and chic!! Hope you are having a great week Gina:)
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyy for Scorpios! lol! I can definitely identify with a lot of the traits you listed. I'm not a big follower of the Kardashians/Jenners either so I know nothing about them, but I LOVE Kendall Jenner's style! I really like Emma Stone's syle too! Really laid back. I'm a mixture of the two, I guess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma Stone is adorable and I adore her style. You did a great job of pulling it off!

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not gonna lie, I was super excited for this post when I saw you pinning Kendall Jenner outfits haha! I think she dresses so cute! Most of her stuff (AKA crop tops) is not for me, but some stuff I just love!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a fan of any of the kardashians. Emma Stone always looks so freaking cute, but there is no way I could pull off half the stuff she wears. I love that simple outfit you recreated though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun post! You look great in all of these outfits, I actually prefer your rendition in many of them.

    Brooke
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Postagem com belos look arrasou. Curta e siga o meu canal,
    Canal de youtube: http://www.youtube.com/NekitaReis

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Kendall's style. So edgy and on trend. Loved your insta. You look great in your white blazer!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  15. That first outfit that Emma stone is wearing...I want! I went to express this morning and honestly was a bit underwhelmed! Actually every store I went to was off today. I'm in the market for a plaid shirt but can't find one I like!
    You look amazing in the wine colored pants btw :) looking good in fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's funny that Scorpio is one of the worst matches for my sign (Aquarius) and I feel as though I don't relate that much to their style above. I guess the bad relationship match is also a bad fashion match. :) I really like your recreation of Kendall's outfit though! A white blazer is such a staple piece and those shoes are so cute!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! I've been looking forward to the Scorpio post! I can identify with most of the traits you described. I don't keep up with the Kardashian's but I do love your recreation with the white blazer! I love Emma Stone's laid back style too!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay a Scorpio post! Some things I can definitely relate to as a Scorpio: being clever, intense, and passionate..it is so true that we can be emotional but tend to repress it. I can certainly be a closed book at times! As for style, I totally love Kendall's style. She is totally growing into her own and doing a great job in the modeling industry.

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a Scorpio. Your characteristics listed totally fit me: Stubborn, intense, passionate, clever (ha ha), perceptive, and caring are me. I''m not really that serious (I think??). I'm kind of goofy and sarcastic (when you get to know me). I am an observer so I think it is my mission to learn about others. I am an engineer so I think this makes me a great investigator. One thing I don't agree about is that I don't think that I am intense and passionate. I am emotional for sure and try to keep it repressed so watch out when it come out. The other thing is that in my older age, I am not going to try to get someone back that has crossed me (well, maybe....) On to the clothes - I absolutely love the white blazer outfit. It's genius but so simple. I think that's my problem sometimes. Simple may be better, especially as a Scorpio??

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kendall Jenner has some serious style. I love the look you recreated of hers!

    PS- totallyyyyyyy rocking Express in today's post. Oversized plaid top + scuba leggings. How did I do, girl?! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like these styles. Throw on and go anywhere!
    ~Elise @ highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these examples! Especially partial to Kendal's look. Maybe it's the fall weather. :)
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Definitely loving Kendall Jenner's style (also - I love her hair & makeup!). Your white bag is SO cute - could you do a post with your bag collection - you know me - I'm so nosy and I love bags :-) Yours are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The last outfit is my favorite. My kind of style! Have a super weekend.
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome post!! So much great fashion!

    Xo, Wendy Watson from College Cheese

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am a Scorpio and I am very perceptive, clever, STUBBORN, determined on somethings, and I love learning about others. I didn't know that was a trait of scorpios, but people fascinate me, I love to people watch. I'm also a great investigator (maybe that's why I majored in Journalism), and I am very curious. So those traits are so head on.

    As for the fashion, I relate to Emma's and Rachel's fashion. I am very casual and love basics. But I still put my own spin on things. When I want to get a little more dressed up, Kendall's style is very similar to mine.

    Great post, really related to a lot of things on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback Jessica! It's so fun to hear from people who fall under the sign like yourself!

      Delete
  27. I loved this. Very fun to read what style I should be!

    Jennifer Jayne xx
    jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Scorpio Weekly Horoscope- Scorpio horoscope is probably one of the most misunderstood signs of the zodiac. Millions of people around the world take the help of astrologers or various other astrological mediums to know about their future. Future has always enticed people since ancient times. So if you belong to the Scorpio zodiac sign then with the help of Scorpio horoscope you can easily plan your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!