10/31/14

Friday Favorites 10/31/14

|
Happy Friday! And Happy Halloween, but instead of talking about festive costumes, I'm celebrating our everyday "costumes" here with some recent favorite outfits featuring clothes from Express:


1. Moto Vest

I've made no secret of my love for all things moto in past posts (e.g. here and here), but one thing missing from my collection is a Moto Vest like this one on The J Petite.  I love the edge it adds to her striped tee and jeans outfit and the clearance price is very tempting!
Moto Vest: Here  / Jessica's Complete Outfit Details: Here


2. Portofino Shirt 

With the summer and early fall heat my Portofinos have taken a backseat to Barcelona camis, but I'm getting ready to put them back in heavy rotation as the weather cools and have been finding some new outfit inspiration on other bloggers.

Jasmin Daily
White Portofino: Here / Jasmin's Complete Outfit Details: Here


Kreyola's Journeys
Red Portofino: Here /  Kreyola's Complete Outfit Details: Here 


2. Barcelona Cami

A few bloggers became just as obsessed with the Barcelona Cami as I did over the summer (some of them even blame me for this...go figure), and I've enjoyed watching them incorporate this top into their fall wardrobe just as seamlessly as their summer wardrobe.

Good Girl Gone Glam:
Houndstooth Barcelona Cami: Here / Marianne's Complete Outfit Details: Here
White Barcelona Cami: Here / Rachelle's Complete Outfit Details Here

More Pieces of Me:
White Barcelona Cami: Here / Carylee's Complete Outfit Details: Here


3. Baroque Lace Tank

Yet another piece I've been taking from summer to fall is the Baroque Lace Tank. I hadn't thought to put the black version of this tank with white jeans until I saw it on Kellie:

ie-Style:
Baroque Lace Tank: Here / Kellie's Complete Outfit Details: Here

And here's a reminder of my inspired-version (originally posted here):
Lace tank: Express / Moto Jacket: Express / White Jeans: Express /  Necklace: Old Navy (Similar) / Booties: Steve Madden


4. What's In / What's Out



Last month I loved the discussion  (here) of the What's In vs. What's Out segment from People Style Watch on colored denim so I'm bringing it back this month. According to page 126 of the November issue, Side-Shaved Heads are out. I know you can't see my head on here but I can assure you I'm not sporting this look, so luckily I'm not "out" this month. 

What's IN are lariat necklaces, like this on Kate Mara:

I don't have any necklaces in this style (yet), but I can definitely get on board with this trend and browsed a few of the options at Express:

Express Lariat Necklaces

Drop Stone ($16) / Pearl Tipped ($14) / Nested Mixed Metal ($18) / Chevron and PavĂ© Charm ($16) (Prices listed are current sale price)

* * *
That's it for my favorites this Friday! I have a really fun post and collaboration lined up for Monday so I hope you'll stop by then. I don't want to spoil it, but I think if you liked my Outfits Take the Cake post, you'll enjoy this one too.

Shop the Post:



Linking up with:
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci /  Fashion Friday / Alison / Lindsey

CONVERSATION

21 comments:

  1. Oh man I'm glad I saw this before my hair appointment because I was totally going to shave one side of my head!! What the?! Haha
    You picked a few of my own favorites here too! Kreyola's (Sheila) red plus camo outfit is on my to-do list! And I totally need to do a neutral Portofino with my highlighter pumps! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carylee's comment made me laugh!!! These are some great looks! That portifino top and the camo is such a flawless look and I love that moto vest. I think it needs to be in your closet too! Thanks for adding me to the list of all this fabulous fashionistas!!!! xo
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great features! Love the moto vest. I know I have said it about 15 times, but I seriously do need a Barcelona cami. I have loved seeing everyone incorporate it into their fall wear. I actually think if I bought one that is how I would plan to wear it. I'm not a strapless bra fan, but I am always looking for easy cool weather layers. Plus, how gorgeous is Marianne?!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. the half shaved head is just not a good look. I'm still obsessed with the barcelona cami, if they go on major sale on black friday I can't make any promises. I love moto vests too and I have one you totally reminded me to wear it soon. Have a great weekend G.

    xo
    <a href="http://pinksole.com"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing these features! I like wearing tank tops and sweaters in the fall. The barcelona cami and the baroque lace tank are still on my wish list. I keep missing the sales though. :(

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two things I plan on getting more of is the Cami, and the Portofino Shirt. They are just the perfect simple piece to add any flare to an outfit. I recently purchase two lariat necklaces, and I'm super happy with the example you have here, now I know how to wear them :). Thanks again for the feature ^_^.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Barcelona Camis and bought several of them recently. They look so great on everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm happy to hear that! I can't wait to see how you wear them Amy!

      Delete
  8. I'm very into long necklaces! I need more barcelona camis lol

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  9. That leather vest! Swoon!! I have not been into Express in forever and every single one of these posts makes me want to change that ASAP haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I adore the moto vest, I haven't seen it before. It's pretty hot!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad the shaved head trend is done!
    http://www.fashionablyspeakn.com/2014/10/halloween-fbf-flash-back-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh that first outfit is fabulous - wish I could pull it off. Oh and that necklace that Kate Mara is wearing is gorgeous, and the ones you found at Express are so reasonably priced!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great looks here!! First of all, I didn't realize that Houndstooth top Marianne is wearing was a Barcelona Cami...how did I miss that detail!! Now I love it even more!!! I also love the red portofino with the camo pants!! It looks more like a soft red (borderline deep coral)...is it that way in person? I love that its not "in your face red", if you know what I mean, lol! Thanks for the credit and feature...glad I provided some inspiration :-)
    Happy Halloween!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do think the red portofino is a more subtle red! It's even more subdued than the red Barcelona. They have different names, too. The Portofino is Mars red and the Barcelone is Engine red...definitely a more in-your-face version! Thanks again for the inspiration!

      Delete
  14. I love lariat necklaces. They look so sexy with a v-neck sweater.

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always enjoy real-life pics of the clothing and those necklaces, I need one for sure! Have a great rest of the weekend :)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those Barcelona camis really are very versatile. I can't believe I haven't picked one up yet. I almost bought one last week when I was with my mom, but then decided not too. Maybe this spring. And I'm so glad the hair shaved thing is out but how much would that suck if you just did that and saw that you were "out"? It's not like it grows back quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those lariat necklaces!
    ~Elise @ highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bought my mom a lariat necklace for Christmas last year so I guess we were both ahead of the trends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the long necklaces. I am so putting those on my thrift wish list.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!