10/29/14

Fitting Room Reviews and WIWW

|
In the spirit of Random Wednesday and What I Wore Wednesday, today I'm sharing a few fitting room reviews and a few Instagram outfits to play a little game of "clean out my phone camera!"


FITTING ROOM REVIEWS

1. Foil Embellished Swing Cami

Wearing: Foil Embellished Swing Cami (Black)High Waisted Ankle Jean Legging / Triple Strap Heeled Bootie

Notes: I posted about this top on Friday, and since I just happened to find myself in an Express store later that day I thought I better try it on for size. The gold foil on this cami is a lot brighter and more yellow in person than it is on the model online. The photos from People Style Watch are a more accurate representation, but it's still brighter in person.


And here's the same top in heather gray:
Wearing: Foil Embellished Swing Cami (Gray Heather)High Waisted Ankle Jean Legging / Triple Strap Heeled Bootie

Notes on the top: The fabric used on both versions of this top is rayon, but they feel just like a cotton t-shirt. (ie. softer and stretchier than a Barcelona Cami or Portofino shirt). It ran true to size for me and I am wearing an XS in both photos.

Notes on the High Waisted Jeans: This is the first pair of high-waisted jeans I've tried on and the waist came all the way up to my belly button. They fit true to size for Express jeans and were really comfortable. They look almost black in photos and in real life, but they're just a really dark blue.

Notes on the Booties: I loved these and ended up taking them home. I wear either a 7 or 7.5 in shoes, and these only come in whole sizes. The 7 fit me perfectly.


2. Contrast Trim French Terry Jogger
Wearing: Contrast Trim French Terry Jogger (my own top and sandals, no longer available)

Notes: These were ridiculously comfortable! They run XS-L and I am wearing an XS so I'd say they run true to size. I still don't think I'm ready to joggers as every day pants, but I would love to lounge in these. And then maybe run out for coffee and to the grocery store in them if I just didn't feel like changing that day...


WHAT I WORE:

And here's a quick recap of some outfits I've shared on Instagram that haven't made the blog yet:


Black tee: Express (Similar) / Bouclé Skirt (Similar) / Spike Necklace: Express / Booties: Target  / Bag: Forever 21

Lace tank: Express / Moto Jacket: Express / White Jeans: Express /  Necklace: Old Navy (Similar) / Booties: Steve Madden
White tee: Old Navy /  Crisscross Skirt: Express / Chevron Necklace: Similar / Sandals: Target (Similar)


Oversized Plaid Shirt: Express / Black Shorts: Old Navy (Similar) / Booties: Target / Necklace: Express


Windowpane Barcelona Cami: Express / Jacket: Express / Jeans: Express (Similar) / Booties: Target / Necklace: Express
* * *
Well, I used to say, "I don't wear skirts" but I just noticed I have two skirts in my outfit recap from the past month or so. Both were purchase since starting this blog, so I guess I have to officially admit that blogging has changed me. And I am okay with that...on this issue!

Shop the Post:





Also linking up with:

 Shanna Alison Lindsey / Grace , Elizabeth  & Brenna / Victoria / Liz / Oh, Hey Girl! /
Tara Jenna  / Fashion Friday / Jacqueline & Elle
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday

CONVERSATION

31 comments:

  1. I really like the black/gold cami you have on. When I can fit it in, I will pick that one up. I always like all you outfits, and my favorite out of the bunch is the plaid and windowpane.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ruched skirt on you, I tried on the high waist jeans and cami as well but didn't get any of them. I prefer the fabric of the barcelona way better. Pinning all your outfits so that I can copy for future OOTDs lol. And I looooooooove you in skirts.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I know you said the foil cami was a good price point, but I didn't realize it was only $30!! I need to be running to Express apparently! lol How would you compare the fit of this cami to the barceloma camis?? I love the way the barcelona's fit and hang, so just curious on this one. And you're right...from the pictures I've seen I would have thought it was a cotton blend - either way, it looks comfy!! Second, I love you in a skirt...and you have great skirts to choose from it looks like! Love the look with the booties and Boucle skirt! Good choice on the new booties too...my sister just got the tan/camel version of the same boot and they're awesome!! Great job cleaning out your phone ;-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the foil cami fits the same in the bust and has about the same depth of V-neck as the Barcelona cami. Where it's different is that it's more flowy in the body and has extra fabric to make it "swing" Also the Barcelona has a hi-lo hem, and this one is not. So while I think you can take the same size in the two tops, the fit is slightly different.

      Delete
  4. Love that grey skirt in your first look. I think that gold/glitter cami would be perfect for holiday looks

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want that foil swing cami with the gold, it's so pretty!! Also, love those joggers on you, thanks for sharing the IG pics too so many fab looks on you Gina. I keep procrastinating with finally setting mine up, so this is a good reminder to hurry and take the plunge;)
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great in skirts! It looks like there may be more in your future. I think I like the foil cami in the gray but I am always attracted to silvers instead of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like the foil swing cami even better in gray! It would be perfect to wear to a holiday party or dressed down with some colored jeans!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reviews! I have my eyes on the joggers and the ruched skirt but I'm waiting for a coupon! I think the jogger trend is adorable, but I'd just wear them casually too. I'm not sure I could pull them off with heels like some bloggers do!

    I love the windowpane cami! I wore it twice this weekend ;) and yay for more skirts Gina! I will always love seeing them on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfits. I'm loving the boucle skirt outfit, perfection!!

    Brooke
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the embellished tank!! Great outfits. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you bought the Crisscross skirt, it looks so good on you! I love the joggers but I'm like you I dont think I could do them as normal every day pants.
    ~Elise @ highheelsglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the foil cami, and the jogger pants... I have been in the market for some since last Christmas! :)
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love high waisted jeans! Instead of going to my belly button, they fit where they should on me. Low rise and tall girl does not make for a pretty picture. Plummer anyone? ;) I hope you bought those joggers. They look so cute on you. When I try those on they never seem to fit quite right. Love all your ootd's. For someone who resisted insta for a long time, you sure have the hang of it!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite is the Terry Jogger! I have a pair and LOVE mine!!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks maravilhoso amei ótimas dicas,
    Siga e curta o meu canal Nekitareis,

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would you believe it, I was in Express last Friday...looking for something to wear to Oprah had that exact windowpane cami in my hands but didn't get it all because the idea of the outfit I had in my head ..I couldn't find the perfect shoes and I was in a rush! LOL I am going to go back though...perhaps I have enough points on my NEXT card! I love the Boucle Zipper skirt and the price is perfect!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the windowpane cami - it looks so versatile!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the camis in both colors! They look great on you. I also really like the joggers but agree that I don't know if they would work for me in real life!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah! I just realized it was Wednesday! I thought it was Thursday! But more importantly, it's Gina post day!
    And ok, now I am off to order they grey swing cami. It's perfect! I love it, and I love all of your outfits! I love the olive jacket and white skinnies so much that maybe I need that olive jacket too. Hrrm.
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seeing your fitting room post has finally convinced me that I need some Terry Joggers...they look so relaxed and chic...and perfect for lounging around in without looking sloppy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love all your cute outfits - it always makes me want to head straight to Express! The first cami with gold would be so perfect to wear during the holidays and I love those jogger pants too!

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Digging the gray + silver version of the sparkly tank. So fun!
    And you need the joggers- even if you're not ready to wear 'em out just yet. :) They are so comfy and cute!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those joggers! I don't think I would wear them out as an outfit just yet, but they would be so perfect for loungin'!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. yes, yes, yes to the heathered joggers! maybe i'm biased since i'm wearing them on the blog today ;)

    xx,
    Kate | The Fancy Pants Report

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just recently invested in joggers! I hope they look that fantastic, I am completely nervous!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those joggers are on my wish list for sure!!! I love being comfortable and I love how I am seeing many people style them in a less casual way. I look at these like a style challenge and I just love a challenge! Love all of your looks!!! While watching SOA Tuesday I thought of you because Gemma was wearing a plaid top that looked just like the one you have on above!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. That cami is so pretty and I love the window pane top!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh yeah that gold is super bright in the picture in the dressing room, though the other colour is pretty. i like those joggers as well but i have like 5 pairs of sweatpants, i don't need any more lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the jeans and shoes in the last pic! So cute!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want those gray booties SO BAD but they keep either A. not having my size or B. not having them at all on the site. I suppose I should hit up one of the three Express stores within easy distance of my apartment and see if there are still any in the store.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!