9/8/14

Multi-Tasking

|
This weekend I went through some of my Labor Day sale purchases to decide which ones to keep based on whether I can put them into outfits with things I already own and wear them for multiple seasons and occasions. I like wardrobe pieces that can multi-task, and I like multi-tasking my time by turning my try on sessions into a post!

First I picked up the Barcelona Cami in red. Last week Carylee put together some great Polyvore outfit sets for styling some of her pieces through each season, and I commented that she could go ahead and make me a similar set for this unworn red cami. I was kidding, but secretly hoped she might do it anyway. Well less than 24 hours later, she delivered this to my inbox:

Boom. Customized with pieces I already own! I'm afraid she will start charging for these services soon, so the least I could do to show my gratitude was to turn this into real life outfits and share them:


One: Barcelona Cami: Express (Engine Red) / Twill Moto Jacket: Express (in Foliage) / Shorts: Express / Shoes: Nordstrom

Two: Barcelona Cami:  Express / Scarf: Express (Similar) / (Minus the Leather) Jacket: Express/ Olive Skinnies: Similar / Booties: Target (Similar)

Three: Barcelona Cami:  Express / Blazer: Express / Jeans: Similar / Shoes: Macy's or Nordstrom / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Similar / Clutch: Express


Next up is the Oversized Plaid Shirt. I tried this one on in store but they only had a size Small, and it was a little more oversized than I wanted:

But I loved the print and the fabric was really soft and comfortable, so I decided to order an XS online. That made a huge difference in fit, and I tried styling it a few different ways:

One: Plaid Shirt: Express / Leggings: Express / Flats: Similar

Two: Plaid Shirt: Express / Leggings: Express / Tunic Tank: Target / Flats: Target (Similar)

Three: Plaid Shirt: Express / Shorts: J. Crew Factory / Sandals: Target

I also took the plunge and ordered the Seamed Twill Cuff Sleeve Moto Jacket in Lejeune (an olive green color). I wasn't really worried about whether I would get enough use out of the jacket, but I was worried that the Barcelona Cami in light pink wasn't going to get much wear after summer. I loved them paired together and dressed up and down:


One: Barcelona Cami: Express (Light Pink) / Necklace: Similar / Jean Shorts: Target / Bracelet: Similar / Sandals: Similar

Two: Barcelona Cami: Express  Moto Jacket: Express (Lejeune) / Necklace: Express / Shoes: Similar / Chevron Bracelet: Express / 

Three: Barcelona Cami: Express  Moto Jacket: Express / Jeans: (Similar / Necklace: Express / Shoes: Macy's or Nordstrom  / Rhinestone Cuff: Express

* * *

So it looks I will end up keeping each of these pieces because they can all meet my multi-tasking requirements. I did have a couple of jewelry purchases that didn't work out so I'll try to post updates on that in the future as well. On Wednesday I have another fun Coffee Date post lined up so I hope you'll stop by and check it out!

Shop the Post:



Also Linking up with:
Marvelous Monday / Rachelle & Charnele / RheaLaura / Laura / Shanna / Alison / Lindsey / Rhea / Tara / Jacqueline & Elle /
Friday FavoritesErikaAndrea and Narci / Fashion Friday


Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Instagram, Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        

CONVERSATION

54 comments:

  1. Hi Gina
    You are so cute with all your Barcelona camis! I totally love the mock ups Carylee made for you!!!! And I agree you should keep all of your purchases as they look fab and will def be wardrobe repeats.
    www.lovelaurenxx.com
    Love Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the red cami I have to get it in stores because I refuse to pay $8 shipping for one cami lol. And I cannot wait to copy all these outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the ways that the red cami can be used! I really need to jump on this Barcelona Cami train because I keep seeing them everywhere (thanks Carylee, lol) and I need to get a few of my own!! You definitely got some good fall basics here and that plaid shirt is amazing, I can already think of a bunch of ways i'd wear it!

    I hope your weekend was enjoyable!! Can't wait to see your post on Wednesday!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, you are meant to wear a Barcelona cami! Definitely go try one on!!

      Delete
  4. Wow a red cami is forever and so all-season! I need that & an oversized plaid shirt for Fall....thanks for the heads up Gina!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing multiple styling options! My favorite red look is with the olive skinnies and leopard scarf! My favorite pink look is the middle one with the moto jacket and open toe booties!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I've never seen polyvore sets brought to life before LOL! Carylee did an amazing job styling because the outfits look good in the set and on you too :-) Especially love how it looks with a blazer & leopard heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has mad skills! It was so fun to have someone else create the sets for me.

      Delete
  7. Great remixes! I love the top middle with the olive pants. That scarf is so awesome! I haven't bought one of these camis because I am not a fan of the strapless bra, but I think I might need one to wear under things. :)

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was not a strapless fan either but thanks to these camis, I have totally gotten used to them and don't even think about it anymore.

      Delete
  8. You and Carylee make a great team! You should do a link up or something (hehe)! I love that red barcelona tank! It really works for any season and I love all of your remixes! You are the remix master! Thanks for the inspriation! xo
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Marianne's comment made me LOL!
    I'm so so excited that you made my polyvore come to life! Altho you're pretty good at your own remixing! The difference with me is that I'm too lazy to try stuff on so i sit on my butt and polyvore instead!
    Now to brainstorm my next masterpiece! :)
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh i am loving the light pink in the cami, so pretty. i really should just avoid your blog for the entire month of september since i am not shopping (for clothes anyway lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, i will forgive you if you keep your distance. But don't expect me to stop reading yours. I need a good laugh every day!

      Delete
  11. I love how you turned Carylee's collages into real outfits! It's great! Love all three looks. I also like the pink and olive green color pairing. It definitely works. Seeing another plaid shirt from Express is making me feel the urgency to go shopping for one. I just have to find the time! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! It was really fun to bring the creations to life. :) I think I need to STOP buying plaid shirts now. ha ha!

      Delete
  12. Light pink and olive green is one of my favorite color combinations. I absolutely love that over-sized plaid shirt. I hope they come out with some other colors. And while I don't have a red Barcelona cami, Carylee's looks still provide tons of inspiration for me for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *have* seen a couple of other colors of the oversized plaid shirt in store and paired with other stuff on models on the website. (e.g. they'll be showing jeans but the model will be wearing a shirt that's not available yet.) So...fingers crossed you will get another print option.

      Delete
  13. I just recently ordered one of my favorite skirts in blush pink because it was on too good of a sale not too. I was worried it would not get a lot of wear, but your top looks great with a military jacket so I may have to style my skirt that way! Great way to transition it into fall.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy! Can't wait to see how you wear your pink skirt!

      Delete
  14. I love how each time I love the third look best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! To funny that it worked out that way for you!

      Delete
  15. LOVE how you styled all of these pieces. That plaid top is gorgeous... I could always use another plaid top, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beginning to ask myself the same thing...how many plaid shirts are acceptable?? LOL

      Delete
  16. I love your standard of multi-tasking clothing. I completely agree! Otherwise, pieces just hang in the closet because they are specific to only one or two looks. I love the moto jacket on you! It looks great paired with the cami in light pink. I'm still debating on the plaid shirt, but I'm leaning towards returning ;( I just don't see it getting much use because of the super sheer factor. However, I love the striped portofino! I mentioned you on my blog today too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am right there with you on the sheer plaid portofino. (For anyone else reading this comment, we're talking about the white plaid shirt in this post:
      http://onthedailyexpress.blogspot.com/2014/09/less-labor-more-day.html)
      I am going to give it one shot to style it today, but seeing as I just got two other plaid shirts and I hate wearing camis with blouses, it's not looking good. Off to check out your post!

      Delete
  17. Lucky you ... I need a friend that creates inspiration boards for me, too:) I love all the looks, especially the plaid shirt. Can't wait to break out the plaid this fall. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! I am sure if you asked her, she would do it for you too. She's just nice like that!

      Delete
  18. Looks like you SHOULD keep them. I love the light pink cami and that plaid shirt. I pinned these great looks. When I buy smth. I also have the 3-outfit rule. It has to look good at least on 3 outfits.

    Always, always a pleasure linking up with you and Carylee. Today I am doubling my Florals and wearing my current favorite skirt of the moment. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great rule, Ada! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words as always!

      Delete
  19. All pieces great for multi-tasking which I am all for always! The camis are surprisingly versatile ( and the pink one SO pretty) even for fall, and I have a soft spot for plaid. Instantly screams fall, and always so cozy and warm. Hope you have a wonderful new week Gina, XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you had a great weekend! I love that Carylee created that great inspiration board for you. Those are great outfits and I love those DV shoes in outfit 3!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love love how you styled the red and pink barcelona cami. I especially love them with the jeans. You know me and my jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous outfit!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome! A cami is always a great investments for our closets. I wish I have them in every color! :D Great outfit inspirations!
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love cami's, they instantly dress up any outfit you pair them with. These reds ones are killer!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gina you are KILLING me with the camis! I can't stop looking at them now! That was nice of Carylee to style for you! Can she style for me? LOL. Also you in pants too!

    http://misshotcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. hello sweet girl! :)
    I`m here first time and I think you have a great blog! and pics so inspiring!!!! great job!
    So i wanna to ask you how about follow each other? I always follow back so let me know and we can keep in touch, will be great :) I love to know a new people!

    have a great day sweety!
    kisses

    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the 3 outfit rule is a great way to see if something is a keeper or not. The pink tank is my fav out of the three. It looks perfect with the army green jacket!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love workhorse pieces like these- great styling, babe!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't believe how I miss this blog, I LOVE how you show different ways to wear one piece. That is how I think now because that is the only way I can stop my pocket book from taking a beating. That plaid shirt is really calling my name.

    Kreyola Jounerys .

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great job on the remixing Gina! You certainly have a talent for it!
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love all the outfits! It's awesome to see the pieces all styled several ways, and so fun!
    Tiffany
    www.stylestealsandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those outfits with the red cami are amazing! I love them all! And the XS plaid shirt definitely fits you much better and looks much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love all these looks! Wanted to let you know that I am hosting my first link up this Thursday and hope that you will be able to join me.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've been wanting a moto jacket & that one is perfection on you! Love that it is olive green as opposed to black. Also, loved all the ways you styled your red cami, that's such a great basic and the colour makes it striking.
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh my word.... these outfits are totally fabulous! Your sense of style is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!