9/17/14

Most Re-Pinned Fall Outfits

|
I have my Pinterest account set to notify me when anything I pin gets re-pinned because I like to see what's trending and what outfits click with people enough to Pin them. So today I'm sharing the top three fall-friendly outfits that have been getting a lot of re-pins on my boards lately.

With all the glam and high-end fashion on Pinterest, it's a nice surprise to me that some of the most easily re-created looks still get a lot of love.

1. The Northeast Girl: Grey T-Shirt and Jeans

Maureen posted this outfit back in April (original post) and it has been my most re-pinned outfit since then. It doesn't say fall to me in an overt way like Plaid and Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but I think it's classic and can work year round with slight variations on outwear and footwear. I copied her look using pieces I own and experimented with a jacket for cooler days to come:

White Jeans: Express / Necklace: Express / Belt: Gap / Bag: Aldo (Similar) / Flats: Target (Current) / Jacket: Express

Here are a few options from a variety of retailers for getting the basic pieces of this outfit:

Grey tee white jeans


LOFT Skinny Jeans / Gap V Neck Tee / Gap Clean Leather Belt / Old Navy V Neck Tee /Gap Classic Belt / Express Jeans 

2. Nina Dobrev Black Moto Jacket outfit:

I'm not sure if it's Nina that makes this outfit so popular or if it's some other detail, but I get re-pin notices for this look almost daily. I don't have anything similar to her shoes (Carylee tells me they are Tods, roughly $445) so I subbed in a couple of other on-the-go shoe options. I was especially happy to see that I have a good use for my Barcelona Cami in Tile Blue beyond summer weather.


Moto Jacket: Express / Tile Blue Barcelona Cami: Express / Black Skinnies: Express / Scarf: Express / Flats: Target (Current) / Converse: Nordstrom

Here's another look at some of the pieces I used (same top and jacket), plus current options for the scarf and bag. I also included a pair of shoes that are similar to Nina's but more affordable:

Nina Outfit Pieces

Express Moto Jacket /  Aldo Cayucos Bag / Michael Kors Guiliana Moccasin Flat / Express Aztec Print Scarf / Express Barcelona Cami

3. Scarf, Blazer, T-Shirt, Jeans (Source)

While this one hasn't been quite as popular as the other two, it seems to be trending up now that fall is on the way. Once again, I love that the basics in this outfit (t-shirt and jeans) are something most people probably own, so shopping for just one or two items can complete the look. I don't own any shoes in this style (and I always get confused between Oxfords and Brogues!), but here are my versions of this look with flats and booties:

Blazer: Piperlime (Exact in Black, Similar in Gray) / T-Shirt: Old Navy / Scarf: Express / Jeans: Express (Distressed Option, Regular Option) / Flats: Target (Current) / Booties: Target (Current)

Almost none of my exact outfit pieces are still available, but here are some current options that could work for this look:
Blazer & Brogue options

 Express Blazer / Tassel Open Knit Infinity Scarf  / UGG Caelyn Brogue Flat (Top)Sam Edelman Irving Brogue Oxford Flat (Bottom)/ Ruched Sleeve Jacket

I had déjà vu while putting together my version of the last outfit. It's almost identical to the one below, posted way back here with my Scuba Leggings. And incidentally this seems to be one of the most re-pinned things from this blog, so it kind of feels like I've come full circle now!


Shop the Post:


Linking up with:
Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / Pleated Poppy  / Victoria / Mix & Match Fashion / Jacqueline & Elle / Fashion Friday / Crystal & Lindsay / ErikaAndrea and Narci /

CONVERSATION

34 comments:

  1. It always amazes me what gets re-pinned and what doesn't. Things that I think are amazing, others don't, and things I think are ok, people love! I just don't know! I love how you recreated all of these looks! That Nina Dobrev look is almost exact! Love it!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! There so many looks I adore and think "Oh, this will be popular." But...then it's not. Then I wonder why I'm the only one who loves it!

      Delete
  2. I am always surprised that the most re-pinned items are the most simple. I guess that makes sense. Women look to Pinterest for inspiration with what they already have and most of us aren't fancy celebrities. I do love a good simple outfit and will be trying the gray and white one but with a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so cute with a sweater! And yeah, I'm starting to think wearable looks get more Pins, super fancy stuff is admired but maybe not pinned because it's not realistic most of the time.

      Delete
  3. Seriously, what would we do without Pinterest?! I am loving that last outfit. It is a neat observation that the more everyday outfits are the ones that get the most repins. Something to keep in mind. You continue to convince me that I need a barcelona cami.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't hurt to try one! I first tried them back in March and wasn't that into it. But now I wonder how I did without it for so long. They are amazingly versatile.

      Delete
  4. I agree...it's nice to see that the "casual" styles are the most re-pinned and most relate-able. I"m in love with your coral leopard scarf from Express...my sister picked it up last spring and I've regretted not getting it ever since...ugh!!! :-) Also, the gray blazer looks fantastic on you!
    Kellie@ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellie! You'll have to ask your sister to borrow hers. :) I had a really hard time finding anything remotely similar, but then again it's kind of springy so it might just be the season.

      Delete
  5. Pinterest is such a great source of inspiration, I see why these are the most repinned they are all cute and easy to recreate.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Funny how we try to come up with new and different ideas yet the classics are still so popular.

      Delete
  6. You are so good at nailing these looks!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm that green tag is throwing me off now on those Tods lookalikes! But anyhoo - I need to do a post like this. It's definitely very interesting seeing what resonates well with pinners! I may have to do this next week! And I am not used to seeing you in ballet flats! That silver pair looks really versatile! Oh sorry for the cluster comments but I also love the coral scarf and grey blazer. I need a grey blazer. Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to see you do a version! Either which outfits of yours get re-pinned the most or which ones you pin that get re-pinned. You know I live for this stuff!

      Yes you need a gray blazer. We'll get you one at Express. :)

      Delete
  8. I adore outfit 3! I live for a full scarf and distressed denim!

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there you go! There's something for everyone in there.

      Delete
  9. I am loving the blazer paired with a scarf! It seems like such a simple idea, yet I never really think of it since I associate blazers more with dressing up. Totally stealing the idea!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your outfit recreations! Pinterest is so addicting. I find myself staring at beautiful pictures and I look at the clock like, "WHAT!?"

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and creative idea, to recreate outfits from Pinterest! Your recreations are spot on, and translate really well!

    Amber
    A•Mused Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first look! Simplicity at its best. I've always enjoyed the combo of white and grey. I will wear white all year long, no shame!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love how you recreated these looks! <3

    rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving Nina's look - definitely going to try and recreate that in the fall :) lol. i like the black with the pop of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You nailed all these great looks!! Thanks for so much style inspiration here-I guess it's a bit embarrassing to say but I'm still not on it yet! So many people I know are obsessed with it & I'm always seeing so many gorgeous pics coming from Pinterest.
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of this inspiration! It's interesting that the most pinned looks are classic and easy to recreate! All of the outfits you put together look great!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just goes to show that classic trumps all! :)
    Great looks, doll- I can see why they're so pin-able.

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Northeast Girl has my favorite style inspirations too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This post is so interesting, because what I thinking is trending is being confirmed by this post. I'm loving the basic tee, scarf and blazer here. I also such a fan of yours that you are able to recreate these look with what you have. I need to checkout your closet. Where you do you live again...joking lol.

    Kreyola Jounerys

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these simple basics - the white denim and grey tee is so easy but chic.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all cute outfits, but my favorite is the last...those menswear shoes are adorable and I love the bright scarf! Hope you are enjoying the end of summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. My fall favorite is definitely the scarf and blazer. I think I need to add a few more to my collection :) Found you though the link up. Love your Nina look a like outfit too. Perfect for Fall. Now we just need some fall weather here where Iive! But unfortunately we have another month of hot weather ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always love getting those E-Mails seeing which of my pins get repinned. I repinned all of the above by the way. Love the first and last outfit, especially the first. Simple and tres chic. Can you believe I don't own a Gray V-Neck Tee. BTW, in the last photo the girl is wearing Oxford Shoes. I have and love both Oxford Shoes and Brogues and know the difference between the 2, but yeah they are very similar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!