9/1/14

Less Labor More Day

|
It's Labor Day weekend, which means most of us don't want to do a lot of labor this weekend if we can help it. So I'm keeping it simple today with some Instagram outfit details and other random stuff. Also, aside from all the Express stuff that's on sale right now (see some of my other choices here and here) plenty of other items I'm wearing below are on sale so I made a note of those as well.

I also have to mention it didn't take long for my Instagram account to come in handy for outfit inspiration. I copied this outfit from Carylee the same night she posted it for my own night out. (It also came in handy to live two time zones behind her!)
Carylee's outfit details: Here

My Outfit: Lace Inset Barcelona (Option) / Shorts: Express / Leopard Clutch: Express / Lace-up Heels: Nordstrom (On Clearance!)

And here are the rest of the outfits, I've posted in the last week:

ONE: Blue Plaid Shirt: Express /  White Shorts: J. Crew / Sandals: Vince Camuto Luciah / Bead Tassel Bracelet: Express

TWO: White Sleeveless Blouse: Target (On Clearance) / Plum Chino Shorts: J Crew / Zebra Belt: (Similar Clearance) / Sandals: Macy's (White version sold out, other colors on clearance)

THREE: Gray Bow & Chain Tank: LOFT  / White Shorts: J. Crew / Wedges: Macy's (On Sale) Bracelet: Etsy

FOUR: Barcelona Cami: Express (In Light Pink) / Jean Shorts: Target / Sandals: Similar / Necklace: Old (Similar / Bracelet: Old (Similar)


I also talked about this Oversized Plaid Shirt recently (in this post). It finally arrived and even though I had seen it in store and on blogs, I hadn't tried it on myself. I was pretty surprised at how sheer it is!

I'm wearing a white cami in this photo and it's definitely a requirement for this shirt. In the product description it says "Sheer Chiffon," so I guess it's my fault for not reading the fine print in advance. I still haven't decided whether to keep or return it yet since I wasn't expecting it to be so sheer, but I just wanted update for anyone else considering this shirt so you know what you're getting yourself into.

I also ordered a few pieces of jewelry from Express during the current sale and am waiting to get those in the mail. But while I was browsing through their jewelry, I couldn't help but notice that a lot of their items look very similar to Stella & Dot pieces that are popular with so many bloggers. Take a look at some examples below:

(I wore the Express version of this necklace in an outfit here.)
Stella & Dot lookalike pieces from Express, budget options
Stella & Dot Rebel Pendant ($79) vs. Express Express Long Metal Bar Pendant (Sale price $15)




Stella & Dot lookalike pieces from Express, budget options


The Express version of this necklace (on the right) is one of the pieces I ordered during the sale:
Stella & Dot lookalike pieces from Express, budget options


Stella & Dot lookalike pieces from Express, budget options

So while I wouldn't say these are exact replicas, they definitely give a similar look at a great price if you get them during the current Express sale!

* * *
See you back on Wednesday and I hope your Labor Day is full of great shopping deals and plenty of  labor-free fun!

Shop the Post:






Also Linking up with:
Marvelous Monday / Rachelle & Charnele / RheaPaige Laura / Laura / Shanna / Alison / Lindsey / Rhea / Tara


Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Instagram, Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        


CONVERSATION

33 comments:

  1. Hi Gina
    Happy Labor Day to you!!!
    I am so glad I found you in Instagram! Addicted yet????
    I read your post last week from your express article and you look a BILLION times better than the models. You should show your pretty face though. I'm off to bed now.
    www.lovelaurenxx.com
    Love Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm definitely addicted to IG! Thanks for the kind comments! If I have to make sure my face and hair look decent in outfit pics there probably wouldn't be ANY on the blog. But...you can always see my face on Twitter and IG. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello governor...can you text me the size of your chinos? I would text you but it's 5:20a your time and my phone is in my bedroom. Gracios!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Sadly I cannot sleep in even on Labor Day. :( I am wearing a 00 in the J Crew Chinos. They run bigger than Express stuff and I worry that you may be sized out. Factory Chinos run a little smaller.

      Delete
  3. I'm still so happy about Instagram! Your recreation of my outfit is great! I want to see your other version of those lace ups too!! And I always love a good price comparison- thanks for the breakdown of S&D dupes!! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfits from this past week, especially the one with the plaid shirt and the one with the bow tank. So cute! My search for a plaid shirt begins and I'll definitely have to stop by Express. Hope you have a restful Labor Day! ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfits are so cute and will inspire my future ootds for sure. Actually this weekend I was all about the jewelry and got some pretty ones from Banana Republic, I need to revisit the Express section again as I only got a bracelet from them. It's weird but most of the sales were not all that appealing to me, so far I only shopped at Express for clothes and BR.

    xo
    ​PinkSole​

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked at that plaid in store and decided against it because of the sheer factor. I hate having to wear camis under everything. Still love that blue one! So fun having you on instagram! Love all your outfits.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute top you guys are wearing. The jewelry selection is very pretty and I love the affordable options. Have a relaxed holiday!
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You & Carylee are rocking it in that gorg top.....stylish twins to the max!!!! Happy LD!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am obsessed with that plaid shirt! I am going to try and get out today to hit up some labor day sales! One of my first stops will definitely be Express! Love your look roundup!! All so casual but extremely cute!

    Hope you have a great day!!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your ootd looks are so darn cute! If I saw you out and about I would definitely admire your outfits. You mix jewelry in so well too. That's really interesting about Express copying Stella and Dot. I wonder how that works. Like do the designers go in a room with pictures of these pieces and come up with their own versions?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you and Carylee tag each other for outfit inspirations! :) And love seeing you over on IG! <3

    Happy Monday Gina!

    rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that last threaded chain one!!! They do always have on point and on trend jewelry!!!
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your outfits are so cute! You have such a great sandal collection! Those Express necklaces are such a great deal. Stella & Dot can be so pricey!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love all your fun sandals you are wearing! so cute!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your outfits and love how easily you were able to re-create that gorgeous inta look. Instagram is always our favorite place to go for outfit inspiration when we're struggling to pick out an outfit.

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
  16. You and Carylee look too cute! I love the shoes...i must be the only one who hasn't found a cute pair of strap up heels...they are so hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey ,
    you have a great blog ,would you like to follow each other !
    keep in touch
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love "less labor more day" ... so true;) Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the top you both are wearing! Thank you again for hosting the link up!!!

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE you and Carylee's sexy lace Barcelona cami outfit with the super sexy lace-up heels. *Z snaps* Also, those Express dup jewelries are pretty cute!

    Happy Labor Day!

    www.misshotcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your site doll! It's awesome how you take pieces that may be a bit pricey and find the more reasonably priced copies. Love it!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely a good day for sales! You found some really good dupes at a great price.

    iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving the necklace dupes you found - it's great having a MUCH more affordable option!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh, digging that oversized plaid shirt- but yes, the white cami underneath is most def required! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omg I didn't know Express had such great necklace pieces?!! Where have I been??

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  26. that first necklace is so pretty! love the plaid shirt you are wearing, not sure i could pull it off. i never ended up buying my own portofino, next time! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That last necklace is so pretty! I hope you had a great weekend! I picked up the floral skirt that you pointed out from Express over the weekend and can't wait to wear it. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  28. We worked really hard on our house on Saturday and then just relaxed the rest of the weekend. It was so needed!

    I love all those necklaces!! Great for so many looks and occassions!

    L,
    Vicky
    Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!
    TheMummyChronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love Stella and Dot pieces, but not the prices! I need to go check out the jewelry section in Express now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!