9/5/14

Friday Favorites: 9/5/14

|
Like most Fridays I'm sharing some of my favorite things today, most of them involving fashion and shopping at Express. With last week's Labor Day Sale and other random things going on I haven't been doing regular features lately, but you can always follow my Express Pinterest Board where I try to pin all things Express that I stumble across on the web.

This week I'm featuring outfits by EricaRachelle and Carylee. Each of them have a great piece (or two!) from Express that are already influencing other purchases.

Full outfit details: 

Erica was one of the first bloggers I saw wearing this High Waist Floral Skirt reviewed here. (Note the length difference in this one on Erica vs. the model vs. me! Erica and I are the same height but it still fits us quite differently.)

I also spotted this on Deelightfully Wild and Love | Sapphires and expect to see it make an appearance on Nicole soon as well since she mentioned picking it up during the Labor Day Sale.

I am in love with the  Criss Cross Mini Skirt Rachelle is wearing and her casual styling of it. I've sworn off buying skirts for now because I don't end up wearing them enough, but I heard that Rachelle's outfit already convinced Carylee to get this as well, so I'll try to live vicariously through them. It comes in black (get it hereand gray (get it here) as shown below.
Express Criss Cross Mini Skirt

For length comparison again, Rachelle is 5'4". But even on the models this "mini" skirt doesn't look especially short, making it a little more everyday friendly.

And then there's the Check Convertible Sleeve Boyfriend Shirt:

Plaid is guaranteed to be in this fall (when is it not?) and this exact pattern in particular, maybe thanks to Beyoncé wearing it in her Flawless video. Although technically it's not fall yet so if it's still too hot for you to wear it with leggings like Carylee, maybe try it with cutoffs à la Beyoncé? (And it was her birthday yesterday so that would be a nice little way to pay homage.)


If you need dress pants for work, Editor & Columnist Pants are on sale for $39.90 right now. That's about 50% off which is an amazing deal. You can shop all color and fit options here.  I broke down the main differences between the cut of these pants way back in this post, but in a nutshell, Editors have a more relaxed fit and the Columnist has a more narrow fit (straight up and down like a column....hmmmm).

I also have full post here of wear-to-work outfit options featuring strictly Editor and Columnist pants, but I'll save you a click and put in a little Flashback Friday action with some of the outfits from that post:
Full Details: Outfit Posts / My Superficial Endeavors /  Outfit Posts / My Superficial Endeavors

As for me, I've been been re-wearing some of my favorite summer pieces like they're going out of season (because...they kind of are). So here's a recap of my recent Instagram outfit details in Standard Def:


ONE: Snakeskin Cami: Express / Black Shorts: J Crew Factory / Necklace: Similar / Wedges: Macy's / Bracelet: Express

TWO: Barcelona Cami (in Royal Purple) / Shorts: Express (Similar but $$) / Wedges: Macy's / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express / Bead bracelet: Express

THREE: Lace Tank: Express / Green Shorts: J Crew / White Cami: Target / Leopard Sandals: Similar / Necklace: Kohls / Bracelet: Express

I've also shared my favorite lace-up heels in a couple of IG pics, and they just became much more affordable ($45) thanks to the Nordstrom shoe clearance sale:
DV Safia Heels in Black and Leopard
For more sizes try Macy's (also on clearance!): Black and Leopard

I really do love these heels. Despite having a 4" heel they're really quite comfortable and easy to walk in for several blocks. (I know this for a fact. My husband and I have different definitions of, "Let's park close!") I highly recommend them if you need a sexy-but-somewhat-practical shoe.

That's it for my favorites today and of course, I look forward to hearing if any of these favorites might end up being one of your favorites!

Shop the Post:



Linking up with:
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci /  Fashion Friday / Fashion Item Friday / Friday Frills / Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / Pleated Poppy

CONVERSATION

26 comments:

  1. Oh, I really do love those lace up heels!! Although, even though you say otherwise, a 4 inch heel does sound somewhat scary, lol!! And I can already see a buffalo plaid of some sort will be making its way into my closet this year :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say try them on and decide. :) I'm saying they are comfy for a 4" heel, not necessarily compared to flats! But they do hold my foot in really well and don't feel that high.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha "let's park close!" Yes. I know what that means. And when he drives the camaro, I now know that I shohld basically pack some sneakers because he wants it nowhere near anything or anyone. But I digress!
    I'm so excited to get my new skirt! And I do love that floral skirt but I wonder how it would look on me. I don't do high waisted well. But if I come across it, I shall try it!
    Love your full frontals of your IG looks! I really am jelly of your shorts collection. :)
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can relate to the parking issue! For me, I didn't really feel like the full skirt was high waisted? It just fit around my waist, around the same area where a pencil skirt would fit. It is tight around the waist so that might bother you. But you would definitely have to try in person to know for sure.

      As far as my shorts: Basically last year I bought every color J Crew made. This year I added some stripes from Express. That's my strategy. :)

      Delete
  3. Ok that's it I'm getting those DV lace-up I love them too much and hearing how comfy they are is killing me. Thank you for the feature and I enjoy these posts so much and they always inspire me to shop, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, you ought to have them considering you enabled ME to buy them!! And you have me wanting that skirt and I should know better!! It's just so cute on you and looks comfy too!

      Delete
  4. It's official! I am now obsessed with Express. I want everything in this post and will be getting some new things during their next good sale. Gah!!! I need to sell some things on Poshmark first...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss!!! Welcome to my clubhouse! LOL. I am with you, I have some selling to do so let's motivate each other.

      Delete
  5. Three of my favorite outfits from the week. Well done bloggers and Express. :) I love that snake print cami and the pairing of the darker shorts and lace top. Well done!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) And yeah, I busted out the darker green shorts for faux-fall. It seems too late in the season to wear mint like last time, but it's still too hot for pant here!

      Delete
  6. Express has become my favorite store. Love there items!! All the outfit here looks great!

    Kreyola Jounerys

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed the Labor Day sale and believe it or not, still have not gotten anything from Express! Everytime you post, my wishlist gets longer! Love all of your outfit recap looks! Dying over those leopard heels!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love your lace up heels-I really want/need a pair now!! I also loved all three of those featured items when I saw their posts!! Great picks. Enjoy your weekend:)
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. both of those pants look great but i think express pants are too short on me if i remember. and those shoes are intense! love them. but no shopping this month not for me no sirreee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I guess that's the one time long legs are a disadvantage!

      Delete
  10. Ugh those leopard heels and the red plaid shirt are sold out in my sizes! Booooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just updated my post, but Macy's also has the same shoes in a few other sizes. The leopard ones are slightly more at $52, but not too bad. Go here to see them.

      Delete
  11. Oh thanks Gina! I don't want to be a downer, that's for sure. Thanks for always being at Fashion item Friday. I can always rely on you my sweet! ♥, Renae

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are two things I want from this post: the criss cross skirt and your lace up heels! I'll have to look into both. Do the heels fit true to size? I usually go between a 61/2 and 7!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally wear either a 7 or a 7 1/2 in shoes. I took a 7 1/2 in these and it fit perfectly. Hope that helps a little!

      Delete
  13. I love love love that floral skirt! I had it on last week but they didn't have my size so I purchased the houndstooth skirt in the same style! I'm really loving the oversized red and black plaid top and It looks fab on Carylee! I must have missed that mini skirt but I will be checking it out when I go back to shop! Love those DV heels and all of your looks! xo
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post! I love your blog! You have some very cute outfits xoxo

    Breakfast at Lizzie's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both the skirts - the floral one has such a pretty print!

    I'm definitely feeling the need for a new plaid shirt for Fall - I picked up one last year and I love it - but I think I need a couple more ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man I used to be obsessed with the Editor pants and the Express button down shirts. Every single pair of pants were Editors and I even paid full price for them (*gasp*). Now, sadly, I don't wear them anymore because they are a bit too loose fit for me. i do have a pair of Columnist pants but there's something about them that I don't like so they get no love. I am obsessed with slim ankle pants now. I did bat an eyelash when you posted Editors are $39! LOL.

    Miss Hot Couture - Fashion Item Friday Link-up

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Labor Day post was dangerous and I really like Erica's skirt as you saw on my blog on Friday. I told you this is starting to become a slippery slope as I also really like Rachelle's skirt!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!