9/12/14

Friday Favorites 9/12/14

|
This week for Friday Favorites I'm going for something old, something new, something borrowed and...that's it. (What? It's not a wedding. No need to get carried away here.)

Something Old:
Let me clarify. Definitely not old, but one year older (and still younger than me) and a very familiar face on this blog. Birthdays are one of my favorite holidays to celebrate and since Noelle has been such a great friend and supporter of this blog from the beginning I wanted to celebrate her birthday by sharing some of my favorite recent outfits of hers:
Express Portofino and Barcelona outfit options
Original Posts: One / Two / Three

Noelle and I share several favorite things, like our love for Supercross, Portofino Shirts and Barcelona Camis  like she is wearing above.

She also posted (here) that she picked up my favorite Moto Jacket recently and I'm looking forward to seeing how she wears it. I hope it ends up becoming one of her favorites as well!
Express Twill Cuff Sleeve moto jacket

Something New:
I'm always up for featuring new faces here and making new friends. Each of the ladies below fall in the "new-to-me" in category in some way even though they're each wearing a familiar favorite, the Portofino shirt:
Original Posts: Jennie / Dee / Kreyola

Jennie: I have known Jennie through our Manic Monday link-up for awhile, but this is my first time to feature her because until recently, she didn't consider herself an Express shopper. Funny how things change when you start spending time around here!

Dee: Okay, so I met Dee on Instagram. And I know this sounds like the beginning of an episode of Catfish, but she is rad and we hit it off immediately. She has so many great pieces from Express that I'm always waiting to see what she'll wear next. She also just launched her blog, so go follow along and see more of her here.

Kreyola: Dang, I don't even remember how I found Kreyola! Probably just doing my usual blog stalking rounds. But I'm glad I did because I loved her office-ready outfit with the red Portofino, black pants, gold necklace and leopard clutch.

Something Borrowed:
From this week's Instagram files, I borrowed another outfit idea from Carylee. I know I have a habit of doing this, but it's just so convenient to have someone else pick out my outfits! Outsourcing my outfit planning is definitely one of my favorite things:
Carylee's Outfit Details: Here

My outfit: Barcelona Cami: Express (Royal Purple - it's reversible to this Teal color) / Pendant Necklace: ExpressMini Skirt: Express (Similar) / Bracelet: Express / Sandals: Old (Similar)

And here's the rest of the Instagram outfit details. There's not even a hint of fall in the air here so I'm keeping it simple with my summer favorites on repeat.

One: Barcelona Cami: Express / Shorts: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Bracelet: Express / Sandals: Vince Camuto

Two: Barcelona Cami: Express (Engine Red) / Necklace: Express  / Shorts: J Crew Factory / Bracelet: Express / Sandals: Similar

Three: Portofino Shirt: Express / Neckace: Similar / Leopard Belt: Express / Sandals: Vince Camuto

Four: Barcelona Cami: Express / Necklace: Similar / Bracelet: Similar / Shorts: Old Navy / Sandals: Similar

* * *
That's it for my favorites this Friday. Have a great weekend!

Shop the Post:




Linking up with:
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci /  Fashion Friday / Fashion Item Friday / Friday Frills / Marvelous Monday

CONVERSATION

37 comments:

  1. OMG are you wearing a mini skirt in that pic, well it looks great on you.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes! I did get two last fall and didn't wear them enough to make it feel worth having more of them. But I still want your wrap skirt so I just need to practice wearing skirts :)

      Delete
  2. that skirt looks amazing on you - actually everything looks amazing on you - have i ever told you that you have fabulous style? seriously, you look great in things that would look stupid on me (i'm positive).
    I demand a something 'blue' please. lol jk. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, truth be told I ran out of time for something blue. :) Stay tuned. Hopefully I'll do something blue next week!

      Delete
  3. For my something borrowed, can I borrow your arms?
    Oh that sounded like a creepy come on. Haha
    You know I love your posts! And I la-la-love Kreyola! She's the sweetest and I got excited seeing her wear the portofino! Now I'm off to wish noelle a happy birthday!
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. :) On the list of creepy come-ons, that's pretty low!

      Delete
  4. haha, I just saw Carylee's comment about your arms...too funny!!! And so true!! Anywho, I love the addition of the leopard belt in your third outfit...not sure I saw that little pop of pattern on the Instagram pic :-) Also, still loving the necklace from outfit 4!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellie! Yes, it's hard to capture every detail in the IG pics depending on the angle. :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the shout out, Gina! I've received the most compliments on this terrific shirt. :) Seriously love the moto jacket - might just have to check that one out myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it was such a compliment-getter and yes, try the moto jacket! :) It can't hurt just to try it on. :)

      Delete
  6. Can we talk about how much I love that moto jacket??!! Especially the green color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Try Rachelle's - she has the blue one. :) You might end up needing one yourself!

      Delete
  7. I just love Noelle! You look great in that moto jacket, and I love that skirt.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is awesome! And thanks so much for the nice words!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the kind words and amazing shout out! I think you are pretty RAD too!! Xoxo, Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! <3 (I'm really missing Emoji here!)

      Delete
  9. I love the outfit that you posted of Carylee and you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that mini skirt it is so cute!

    xoxo
    Oby Grace
    http://ispyoby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are quite possibly the sweetest blogger I know Gina :) This has made my day! We need to get together soon and do a little shopping at fashion valley! Thank you for the birthday wishes! Your text this morning was also very sweet :)

    And I agree on the skirt! You have amazing legs and look fabulous in anything! I vote for skirts in your future (dare I say a dress too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the holidays are around the corner. I may have an occasion to wear a dress then. :) And I'm so glad I could help brighten your birthday a bit! I am definitely up for another get together at Fashion Valley anytime!

      Delete
  12. Ugh I am jealous of your warm weather! it is 55 degrees here today and we are going to the Royals game tonight! I made Tyler pack a blanket haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 55?!?! BRRR!! But..you get to wear a lot of cute layers so there's that!

      Delete
  13. You have the most creative posts! Love the color of your top in the look borrowed from Carylee and that skirt is super cute!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the feature. Right now I"m loving the really long necklaces (and camis) on all of these features (and yourself). I had my eye on one skirt that Carylee feature already, and now I'm looking at the second...tough day today lol. Have a great weekend!

    Kreyola Jounerys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind comments and thanks for letting me feature your outfit!

      Delete
  15. This is such a fun post! I love the outfit you borrowed from Carylee. That skirt is so cute! Have a great weekend!!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun and very inspirational post!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That moto jacket is perfect. I know I keep saying I'm going to get a jacket from Express and this may be the weekend. And you in a skirt!! I like.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adore that gold necklace! Works with so much!

    XO Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm really trying to hold off on doing any more shopping for a while, but every time I read your blog I find myself *really* wanting to pick up more Portofinos and Barcelona camis :( It's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely love Jennie's blog and style and I am so glad you featured her. I will check out your other two ladies as well. I wore a very similar outfit to Kreyola's with my own Red Portofino when I did my first round of 30 for 30 challenge back in Spring. And Noelle's style is beautiful and girly. Probably Express' Jeans and their Portofino Shirts are my favorite items from Express. I do also love their leggings and clutches and own several of each. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!