9/10/14

Coffee Date with Erica & Brenna

|
There are so many bloggers whose style I enjoy and who just seem like fun, nice people in general. I would love to get to know them better in person and grab a coffee before browsing around the mall (with a stop at Express, naturally) to see what they would pick out and then how they'd wear it on their blog. But I settle for virtual coffee dates when that's not an option!

Today my coffee dates are Erica of Casually Styled and Brenna of Chic Street Style. They've both been featured here several times before because they have a knack for putting together great outfits with the pieces they own from Express.  So hang out with us today and get to know them a little better and what goes into the looks you see on their blogs:
Original Posts: Erica / Brenna  (Photo credits for Brenna to Lance Wagner Photography)


Since it's a virtual coffee date, what will you be ordering at Starbucks?

Erica: 
I'm not a coffee drinker at all, but I do frequently visit Starbucks for a Black Sweetened Iced Tea!

Brenna: 
A Venti Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte with soy (sans whip and sprinkles). When the barista goes to say back my order, I always just tell them to say "high maintenance" and save some breath! It always gets a good laugh.

Tell me your blogging backstory...how long have you been blogging and what are your favorite and least favorite parts about it?
Some of their first outfits! Original Posts: One / Two /Three / Four
Erica:
I've officially hit my one year mark! It's been one crazy but enjoyable year! I honestly have nothing bad to say about blogging. My self confidence has definitely improved as well as my own individual style. By having this blog, I was able to experiment with fashion, take chances and share my favorite looks.  I've also met so many wonderful and inspiring women that really support and keep my blog going and for that I am forever grateful!  
Brenna:
I've been blogging for almost three years - goodness time flies! It started in a dorm room my freshman year of college and has snowballed into what you see today. I'm always a glass-half-full kind of person, so I don't know if I could really say anything bad about blogging besides the time suck. I love getting to fuse all of my hobbies into one outlet: fashion, writing, photography and a bit of entrepreneurial spirit. The blogging community is also filled with so many amazingly nice (and stylish) ladies.

I post ad nauseam about my favorite pieces from Express (e.g. here and here), but I'd love to know which items are your current favorites!
Original Posts: One / Two / Three / Four
Where to Buy: Erica's favorite skirt (here) and Brenna's favorite blouse (here)
Erica:
I love my floral and plaid high-waisted full skirt! I've worn it twice on the blog already and have plans to wear it again soon! 
Brenna:
The Portofino blouse always tops my list. But the jeans have always fit me enviably too, especially their jean leggings.

Gina:
Sorry to interrupt here, but PSA: If you want to try Brenna's favorite jeans (and mine too, but that goes without saying), all jeans and jean leggings are on sale for about 50% off through today only! View them all here.

Aside from Express favorites, do you have any other pieces that you recommend to anyone and everyone?
Trench and white pumps
Original Posts: Erica / Brenna 
Where to Buy: Trench Here / White Pump Options (top to bottom): Guess / Kate Spade /  Menbur

Erica:
I am beyond obsessed with Ann Taylor's Trench Dress and you will be seeing it a lot this fall! It's listed as a dress but can easily be worn as a coat for a chic layering option.

Brenna:
A pair of white pumps is my current staple. They can catwalk straight from desk to drinks and give a fresh alternative to nude or black. Bonus points for making your legs look beautifully bronzed!



If you could go through each other's closet and pick one outfit to wear, which one would you choose? 
The outfits they want to swap!  Original Posts: One / Two / Three 

Erica:
I need at least two choices! Brenna's outfits are always impeccable! I would love to raid her closet! The girl has some serious style.


Brenna:
There are so many! (Erica, I want your closet!). She's brilliant at fusing "right now" with "timeless." Especially in this trench dress look recently. I immediately bought the trench the minute I saw this post!


Let's talk beauty products. You both always have Pin-worthy manicures and a perfect pout, so can we get the details on your favorite products? What nail colors will you be wearing this Fall?
Souces: One /  Two / Three

Erica:
I still have hot pink polish on my fingers and toes at the moment but I can't wait to switch to OPI's Lincoln Park at Midnight or Barefoot in Barcelona. I also can't wait to try some navy blue polishes! 

Brenna:
Metallics are my clutch for fall (or any time really), and Good as Gold by Essie is glam twist on a nude mani.



What about favorite lip colors? 
Top Row: Mac Rebel: Buy it HereYSL Pink In Devotion  Buy it Here 
Bottom Row: Clinique Crimson Buy it Here / MAC Lady Danger Buy it Here 

Erica:
For the summer months I love wearing YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in Pink In Devotion and all year round I love Clinque's Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Crimson. 

Brenna:
I adore Lady Danger (a fire engine red) and Rebel (a delicious berry hue), both by MAC.


Any other tried and true beauty products we should know about?
Cosmetic Favorites

Erica:
I wouldn't trade my Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation for anything! A bottle will last me at least 6 months and it feels like silk on the skin. I also can't live without Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion. It will literally get rid of a pimple over night! 

Brenna:
I simply can not exist without Garnier BB cream and Michael Kors Perfumea seductive and sweet mix that speaks to the androgyny of my style.


I love talking pop culture and seeing what influence it has on fashion (e.g. my posts on Music or Movies or TV Fashion).  Are there any songs you are loving on the radio right now? 
Music Faves

Erica:
I really love Boom Clap by Charli XCX and Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj.

Brenna:
I can't say I've heard it on the radio, but I love Somo's Kings & Queens (Throw It Up) track at the moment.


What about TV? Any current favorite shows?
TV faves

Erica:
Sons of Anarchy!! By far my favorite show and not only because Charlie Hunnam is the sexiest man alive! I have watched it for the last 6 seasons and am so sad that this year will be their last season!  

Brenna:
Truth be told, I don't have much time for TV. (Shocking given being an 18-credit college student, a blogger, a company owner and Editor-in-Chief of my school's fashion magazine, right?). But if I were to have a spare moment, I'd flip on New Girl in a heartbeat.


Last but not least, your deep dark secrets. What's something people might be surprised to know about you?
Hobbies
 Image Sources: One/ Two / Three 
Erica:
I am a certified Phlebotomist. I went to school for Medical Assisting, and Phlebotomy ended up being my favorite subject. 

Brenna:
People might be surprised to know that I'm a vegan (hence the super specific coffee order). And also that I played Lacrosse! I loved the power trip it gave me. 

* * *

Oh. Em. Gee. I have to say we ended with a Bang Bang on this one. My jaw hit the phloor when I found out Erica is a phlebotomist. That was a huge surprise for me! And Brenna the Lacrosse player! I definitely didn't expect that from such a glam girl.  I'm also putting some white pumps on my wishlist stat, as well as some bolder lip and nail colors for fall. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know both of these girls a little better, and if you want to keep up with them, follow along with Erica at Casually Styled and on Instagram, and Brenna at Chic Street Style and on Instagram.

Shop the Post:



Linking up with:
Shanna / Alison / Pleated Poppy  / Victoria / Mix & Match Fashion / JennaJacqueline & Elle / The Fashion InformantFashion Friday / Crystal & Lindsay 

CONVERSATION

55 comments:

  1. I love both of these ladies and their style is just impeccable! Great questions and I love your PSA! I want to jump into both of their closets and I love reading what they order at Starbucks! So fun to read my dear! xo
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the read and I agree- I would take either of their closets in a heartbeat!

      Delete
  2. These posts are so much fun! Both ladies have major style and I enjoy reading both of their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! Glad you enjoyed the read.

      Delete
  3. I follow and love Erica but I need to add Brenna to my list, her style is impeccable. This was such a fun read, I love stylish and smart women.
    PS: thanks again for my bday treat ;)

    xo
    ​PinkSole​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. :) And glad to have introduced you to Brenna. Her style is definitely inspiring!

      Delete
  4. I love it when you do these posts! It's so fun to read about other bloggers! I check out Erica's blog several times a week but I have never been to Brenna's. Will have to add her to my feed!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Jill and yes, you will definitely enjoy Brenna's style. She's been one of my favorites for a long time.

      Delete
  5. Love these coffee talk posts! Erica has such great style. I haven't seen Brenna's blog before, but now I need to go check it out!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the post Amy Ann!

      Delete
  6. this is such an adorable post idea! If you ever need people to participate let me know!
    coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Amy! I will be in touch soon :)

      Delete
  7. You are soo good at this! You should seriously interview professionally. Wait, is that what you do and we just don't know?!
    Yes I'm reallllly debating that trench dress and white pumps now dangit. Of all my shoes, no white pumps. So tempting. Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no. I'm not a professional interviewer. I'm just professionally nosy. And I watch the news a lot. :)

      Delete
    2. You seriously should consider it!! Professionally IGer now, the sky is the limit!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the great feature! Oh my, those first post pictures were embarrassing... Haha. I absolutely loved reading this, you have such a fun and engaging writing style.

    Xo,
    Brenna
    Www.chicstreetstyle.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Brenna and thanks for collaborating with me on this! I LOVE you first pics. It's so fun to see how far you've come - very inspiring!

      Delete
  9. Both of these ladies are fabulous! I need to follow them, I'm surprised I already don't! Their style is right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fabulous - you will definitely enjoy both of them, and you and Erica already have at least one of the same pieces- the trench!

      Delete
  10. That is such a great idea, to have coffee dates with other bloggers. They both are very lovely and Ill have to check out their blogs.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Anngelik! Glad you enjoyed the feature.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Elise! Glad you found some outfit inspiration along the way.

      Delete
  12. I love these virtual coffee chats! You picked two amazing stylish ladies and it is so fun getting to know them better. I know it isn't Express, but I love that Ann Taylor trench dress!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't judge you for loving something from Ann Taylor. :) I make exceptions too..sometimes. :)

      Delete
  13. i love these posts, so fun! i laughed at both of the starbucks answers - i dont drink coffee and they always stare at me weirdly when i order, i shoudl just say 'high maintenance' from now on haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for the feature today, Gina!! I appreciate all the support that you have shown my blog, it really means the world to me!! Thanks for including my very first blog photos haha I am stilling cringing lol. It's like looking back at some of your high school outfits and thinking wtf why did I wear that lol!

    Thanks again love!! I really appreciated the feature xo

    Erica
    www.casuallystyled.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Erica! I'm so glad to have gotten to know you and just like I said to Brenna, I love the old pics!! It's totally inspiring to see how far you've come!

      Delete
  15. Love the outfits, great post!!
    Check out my blog and maybe we can follow each other? Hope to hear from you!
    Natalie

    www.maralmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Natalie! Can't wait to check out your blog.

      Delete
  16. I'm loving their lip color choices!! And I can honestly say I've never thought of white pumps! They looks awesome though! Interesting read...I always like the behind the scenes posts - it's like looking into peoples windows as you drive up the street (or am I the only one who likes to do that?) :-) haha!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, true confessions by Kellie. And yes, I'm with you on wanting some new lip colors and shoes!

      Delete
  17. Awesome feature, Gina! These girls have great style. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the idea of this post! And two such fabulous ladies!

    xoxo jenna @ sincerely jenna marie

    PS- make sure and stop by on Thursdays to link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the note Jenna! Just linked up. :)

      Delete
  19. What a fun post!
    www.kissthechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an amazing idea for a post. I love that meeting more than one fashionable blogger in a single place. And what fun questions! Well done!

    Luci’s Morsels – fashion. food. frivolity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these choices! Thanks for sharing. - J

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing outfits!!!!!!
    Follow for follow via GFC?
    Love, Paola.
    Expressyourself
    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed reading this, Gina (so sorry, just catching up now!). These ladies have absolutely equally great style and I love whenever you do this because I always wonder how other bloggers think/feel about blogging and just things in general. Your posts are always so interesting and like I always say, I feel myself getting sucked into them once I start reading! Thanks for sharing this, I truly appreciate this post! :)

    uris
    http://my-sinina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apologies necessary here. :) Thanks for reading and for your kind words as ALWAYS. Glad you enjoyed the read! I love hearing blogger's stories so I'm glad others enjoy it as well.

      Delete
  24. well, i just love Brenna from Chic street Style..she's been one of my faves since i started blogging! I love this coffee date interview... i think i may start something similar on my blog!! i'll have to give you a shout out for inspo if i get it going! maybe even make you my first "date!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the feature Vanessa! I'd be flattered if you used it as inspiration and of course, very appreciative of the mention. :)

      Delete
  25. Your Coffee Dates Interviews are always spot-on. If you ever ask me, I'd be super flattered. I love Erica's style and will now check out Breena, too. That floral midi skirt and khaki trench dress that Erica owns are favorites of mine. And I love "Lincoln Park After Midnight". These girls are not only super stylish but would be super cool to hang with.

    And speaking of interviews, I nominated you for the Very Aspiring Blogger Awards you can read all about that on the link below. I'd love to see your answers, Gina.

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2014/09/very-aspiring-blogger.html

    Happy Monday!! <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!