8/25/14

Monthly Fashion Horoscope: Virgo

|
If your birthday falls between August 23 and September 22, you are a Virgo, and this post is all about your style.

If you're one of the first five signs of the Zodiac, you can view the full style breakdown for your sign in these posts:
Aries / Taurus / Gemini / Cancer / Leo

If you want to start from the beginning of this series for a style overview on each sign, you can go back to the beginning with these posts:

Part One : (Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer)
Part Two: (Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn)

 Here are some key Virgo traits, based on what I learned from this article.

About Virgo:
  • Element: Earth
  • Flower: Morning Glory
  • Symbol: The Virgin, but not to be taken literally - it's more indicative of their qualities like modesty.
  • The great strength of Virgo is their practicality, sharp mind, and attention to detail. (Although their attention to detail can also come across as being picky and critical.)
  • Virgos pore over their projects to the nth degree, and are an asset in the workplace where they can be counted on to get things right the first time, every time, with no detail overlooked.
  • Virgos are extremely health conscious. Working out is very important to them, even if it's only so they know intellectually that they're helping themselves physically.
Famous Virgo Women:
Nicole Richie (full post on her style here) Blake Lively, Cameron Diaz, Beyonce Knowles, Alexis Bledel, Pink, Salma Hayek, Emmy Rossum, Melissa McCarthy, Rachel Bilson, Michelle Williams, Lea Michele, Amy Poehler, Jada Pinkett Smith, Katrina Bowden, Kat Graham, Leann Rimes

Famous Virgo Men:
Aaron Paul, Alexander Skaarsgard, Adam Sandler, Chris Pine, Keanu Reeves, Colin Firth, Jack Black, Richard Geere, Charlie Sheen, Hugh Grant

Virgo Style Inspirations:

Cameron Diaz:
Virgo Style, Cameron Diaz Casual
One / Two / Three / Four

Rachel Bilson:
Virgo Style, Rachel Bilson casual
One / Two / Three /  Four

In browsing Pinterest for Virgo outfits, there was one particular celebrity whose style looked really familiar to me. Then I realized that she has a lot of similar looks to one of my favorite Virgo blogger friends, Rachelle of PinkSole. Rachelle probably didn't know that Emmy reads her blog, but take a look at some of their similar styling and it's clear she has a celebrity fan.

The Little White Dress with Sandals or Striped Tee with a Skater Skirt and Red Bag:
Virgo Style, Emmy Rossum Casual skirts and dresses
One  / Two / Three /   Four

Striped Tee and Skinny Jeans or a Little White Dress with Sneakers
Virgo Style, Emmy Rossum Casual, Striped Tee, Skinny jeans, white dress and sneakers
One / Two / Three / Four

I decided to shop my closet this month and see if I could dress Virgo style, and I came up with a Rachel Bilson inspired look of my own. But..let's be honest, I don't really wear skirts. The one I'm wearing in the pic below I use as a swim cover up. So I adapted the look to my own reality/Aquarius Style for the last pic:


My Outfit: Chambray Shirt: J. Crew Factory / Skirt: Old Navy (Factory Option / Express Option) / Black Shorts: J. Crew Factory / Booties: F21 (Identical at Express and Target)

For all of the other Zodiac signs, this month's Fashion Horoscope is a Constellation Charm Necklace  from Express, one for every sign of the Zodiac:
Zodiac Necklaces
AquariusLeo / Virgo / All Signs: Here


Shop the Post:




Get Pinspired Linkup:


Get Pin-Spired Linkup:  Pinterest Told Me ToThe Larson Lingo, and Mix & Match Mama

Also Linking up with:
Marvelous Monday / Rachelle & Charnele / Paige Laura / Laura / Shanna / Alison / Lindsey / Uris & Rhea / Tara


Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        


CONVERSATION

31 comments:

  1. Hi Gina
    I love your post and definitely love the way you shopped your closet and found a great chambray look! I blogged a chambray look this Monday too!
    I will have to find you on Instagram!!!
    www.lovelaurenxx.com
    Love Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom's a Virgo and we just celebrated her Birthday on Saturday. She definitely has the sharpest mind and can think of something to say in a heartbeat lol. She's always my go to when I need help with something. Her style is definitely similar to Cameron Diaz's. She just loves her cardigans, jackets and sweaters! I literally counted 27 cardigans in her closet the other day haha

    Hope you had a great weekend, love!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have all of my favorite staples featured here, Gina. Stripes, chambray and everyone should have a LWD, even though I've yet to find one. Love those horoscope charms! Have a great week and thanks for hosting one of my favorite linkups. ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww thank you so much for all the shout-out. I always loved Emmy and never realized we dressed the same, that is so cool. You are the BEST!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom is a Virgo and she has an amazing sense of style.
    Thanks for hosting!
    x Nina
    GIVEAWAY- Win a $200 Gift Card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post as always Gina....I've always been a huge fan of the street styles of Cameron D and Rachel B!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have never guessed that I would have liked Cameron Diaz's style - it just seems like she might be more out there with it - but I really love all of her outfits! Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cameron has such great style! I love how you changed up Rachel's look for your everyday style. The black and chambray is the perfect combo! Those horoscope necklaces are so fun!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahah! I laughed at your lets be honest comment. When I saw the thumbnail, I got a leeeeetle excited about the skirt :) I'm kind of sad my sign has already lapsed. Sigh.
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like skirts, but i dont like short skirts, so i wouldnt wear that either. rachel bilson always looks fabulous but i never really see anything that would work for me as well, does that make sense? she is great at dressing her body shape and height, and we are complete opposites in that, so...
    hey are you Aquarius too? how excitement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean! There are plenty of styles that I like on other people...but just don't feel comfortable wearing myself! And YES. I'm an Aquarius! ^5.

      Delete
  11. I love your skirt version of Rachel Bilson! And Ms.Diaz is my fav..such a gorgeous beauty with down to earth and classy style! Love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are my favorite posts ... so fun! I'm not a virgo, but I really like the style of all of these ladies! Love your Rachel Bilson look:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine doesn't fall between those days, but I love these styles, they are very chic.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. With all the awesome outfits you pick it always makes me wonder if I should be a bit of each sign.

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let's be honest, Cam Cam can do no wrong in the fashion department.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so cute in that skirt but I understand what you mean about not feeling comfortable in something. Cameron always looks good. I have always loved that pink jeans outfit. I just wish I had her super long legs to pull off something like this. These posts are so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one of my favorite series! I love you realized that Rachelle and Emmy have similar style! I think Cameron looks amazing here. I hope you had a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a virgo! Haha, so this is obviously my favorite month in the series :) I would say I'm a true virgo to a T! I love Rachel Bilson's style, she's definitely a huge fashion icon for me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love virgos, maybe because I am almost one! I am surrounded by them though. Such a fun sign!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a Capricorn but I absolutely love both Rachel's and Cameron's style! Rachel is someone who's looks I always turn to when I don't know what to wear!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. you always have the most creative posts more than styling! :) <3<3<3

    rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG could it be Miss G in a skirt!!!!!!???? Looks good! LOL at the swim coverup. Also Rachelle looks so cute in her LWD!

    www.misshotcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. These Virgo babes have great style- and I spy the fabulous Rachelle of Pinksole! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this post! Very inspirational!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. So fun & one of my besties is a Virgo! Great Post :D

    xoxo,

    Chelsea | Chow Down by the Bay

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love these posts! I can't wait until you get to mine- Libra! Emmy definitely reads Rachelle's blog for sure! I am not a Camron Diaz fan but I loved all of the looks you picked for her! So entertaining Gina!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey lady, long time no chat! I'm surprised you are still keeping your regular pace with back to school and stuff. I like your denim and black looks...you did Rachel proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute post idea! Love your look with the shorts. You look amazing! Thanks for linking up! xoxo, Sheaffer :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay for virgo! Love how you adapted the look to your own style. You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!