8/27/14

Labor Day 40% off Sale Starts Now

|
My fingers were crossed that Express would have a Storewide 40% off sale for Labor Day, and luckily I get to uncross them a few days early because the sale started at midnight on Wednesday! This is the one time being a West Coast blogger comes in handy since I had just enough time to scrap my previously-scheduled Wednesday post and throw something else together here for the sale.

If you want a few ideas of good pieces to get during the Express sale, here are a few of my usual favorites, plus a few that are on my radar after seeing them on some of my friends:

Solid Color Portofinos: I wear these shirts year round and it will be a strange day when these fall off my favorites list. (I can't even...)

The Large Plaid Portofino is a newer print I plan on transitioning from summer to Fall:

I'm also stalking my mail man to see when he'll deliver my Oversized Plaid Portofino. (It's a lookalike for the pricier Rails Plaid Shirt pictured on the left below.)


I want pretty much all of the colors of the Barcelona Cami. They've been perfect for summer and I plan on layering them under jackets and blazers for fall.


Speaking of fall jackets, this Twill Moto Jacket is a favorite that now comes in six colors:
Express seamed twill cuff sleeve moto jacket three colors
(Shown in Black, Foliage, Licorice)


I might take advantage of the sale to add the Olive Version to my collection after seeing it on Skye (She also tipped me off that the sale was starting early! Thanks Skye!)
Express seamed twill cuff sleeve moto jacket in olive


(Minus the) Leather Jackets are also a great bargain right now. (Yeah, apparently I dress like Jay-Z sometimes. NBD.)
Express Minus the leather jacket


This Voile Tunic is always seems to turn up on my Reader Favorite lists, and you can see three more ways Kristen styled this in this post.
Express Voile Tunic in white


I'm wearing Scuba Leggings in the photo above center, and these are such a fun piece to own. I was worried when I bought them last year that they would be too extreme, but I ended up loving them and found a lot of ways to wear them:
Express Scuba leggings three style options


Not sure if your top will be long enough to cover all the appropriate parts of those scuba leggings? Just copy Carylee and layer it over the Lace Babydoll Tunic Tank.  I don't have this one yet but I'm thinking it's a perfect match for any leggings, so it's also on my wishlist for the sale.
Express lace babydoll tunic three ways
All outfit details: One / Two / Three


Skye's recent Aztec Intarsia Sweater outfit was also popular with readers. I know she's been doing a bit more sweater shopping and I'm hoping to share some of her other picks later this week:
Express Aztec Intarsia Sweater

* * *

Okay, now I need to actually go shop the sale instead of just blog about it! I'm also hoping to go in-store to try on a few things since the fit on the models can be quite a bit different than on me, so hopefully I'll have some blog updates with those details before the sale is over. And of course, I'd love to hear what you're thinking about getting during the sale so I don't have to find out how much I want it after the prices go up! 

Shop the Post:





Linking up with:
Friday Favorites: ErikaAndrea and Narci 
Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / Pleated Poppy  / Victoria / Mix & Match Fashion / Tres Chic Fashion  / Jacqueline & Elle / The Fashion InformantFashion Friday / Crystal & Lindsay

CONVERSATION

30 comments:

  1. Since I made some damage already I might grab some more camis that's all and yes my order is not here yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, I burst out laughing when you said you dress like Jay-Z!
    I really need more portofino shirts. And I am so in love with the scuba leggings.

    L,
    Vicky
    Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!
    TheMummyChronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this sale this morning, so many great choices here I want all of them! I'm especially loving the oversized plaid tops, twill moto jacket and scuba leggings! I've always wanted scuba leggings but not sure how to wear them or if I can pull them off so I really like your ideas here:)
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a really good idea about the lace tank to cover .. ahem.. with leggings but because it kind of flares out it would make my hips look haaahuge. thanks for the shout out again love! now i am finally maybe possibly definitely getting a portofino. but which colour?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that jay z pic stitch is hilarious. I love the plaid shirt... Might have to look into it for fall.

    Cha Cha The Fashion Genius

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I might need to go get the plaid one I have been craving...

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried on the voile top and opted for portofino shirt. May order the voile shirt this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely 100% need those plaid portofino blouses in my closet! So chic and sophisticated! LOL at your Jay-Z Style, I love it!! I have been searching for a black leather jacket for a few years now, I think this is the year that I finally invest!

    Hope you having a great week, love!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the email last night and was soo excited!! I'm thinking the green portofino is on my list as well as those scuba leggings!! I tried for the scuba leggings a couple of weeks ago, but they didn't have my size in-store (actually they didn't have my size in either of those items). Perhaps I'll have to order online!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so funny - maybe Jay-Z dresses like you! Thanks for posting all of these sale finds! I really need to get the plaid portofino top!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for sales! I'm still anticipating my new portofinos! I know I'll be picking up the black Barcelona...and maybe a pair of jeans? It's been a long time since I tried them! Does the sale go on until Monday? I'll be camping this weekend so fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe it goes through Monday.:)

      Delete
  12. What size are you wearing in the Portofino and the Scuba Leggings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wearing an XS in both of those products. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  13. Picked up a Minus the Leather Seamed Moto Jacket this morning. I have had it in my cart for days just praying for this sale.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I might have to check out this sale! I need a pair of leggings and I can never say no to a great jacket!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Express but am sad we don't have one here locally! I am so excited to hear about the sale! I would love to hear about what you get!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am this close to finally getting a (minus the) leather jacket but I just bought a faux fur coat from ASOS. Yes, because I can wear it in about 3 months. Logically, I should have gotten the jacket first.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, I think I am going to make a point of checking out this sale thanks to you and Carylee and all the cute Express items y'all wear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Labor day sales are going to be the end of me, I love that cream blouse!


    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nothing I love better than a good sale:) I love the pink top with the striped shorts!

    Tif @ Bright on a Budget
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally cracked up at the Jay Z comment LOLOLOL. Every time I get those Express sale emails I think of you. I'm like ooh I should tell Gina but I forgot you are an Expresshead (my made up nickname for you) so you would be all up on it already lol. :)

    www.misshotcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow what a list you have here Gina. All the Express pieces look amazing in your outfits. Especially love the Twill Moto Jacket, and the Scuba leggings. I am always impressed in your Express knowledge. :) Have a lovely Thursday dear, XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in full stop SALE MODE right now, and it's really dangerous. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. wahoo for labor day sales! cute post! love the fun looks!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. all of these looks are great! I am SO looking forward to shopping some great labor day sales!
    coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish it was easy to shop the sales over here...Express online shopping for Canada is not that great :-( But if I could shop the sale, I'd get all the lace tunics..the lace Barcelona cami & scuba leggings...see - even virtual shopping feels good :-) By the way - have you noticed a difference in quality in Portofino shirts? My first Portofino shirt (it's white with black piping) has such a thick, expensive look to it - while the ones I picked up 6 months later seem a bit thinner and not as luxe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most definitely! The first one I had was by far the thickest. They are now more sheer. The most recent plaid one I got is alarmingly sheer and I'm planning to post an update on that.

      Delete
  26. Ahh I never commented on this! But you already know the damage I've done. I can't wait to wear my moto jacket on repeat again (minus the leather.) I'm thinking I need it in burgundy. That's where I left off last season. Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just bought two of the Portofino plaid tops and they are SO comfortable. I usually can't wear the 3/4 sleeve this time of year but it's so lightweight and perfect for hot days! Love it!
    Sherry
    www.thelifeofthepartyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!