8/8/14

Friday Favorites 8/8/14

|
TGIF! It's Friday Favorites day on all of my favorite linkups and I have a few favorites to share today.

1. Love (Express) Notes

One of my favorite things about blogging is getting comments, emails or texts from people who just picked up something new and fun at Express. It makes me giddy, and to know me is to never describe me as giddy. (Or sporty or easygoing...the list could go on.) But I will admit to being kind of giddy when Noelle and Carylee texted me about their new Barcelona Camis, then posted their flirty-skirty outfits in them this week:

Left: Noelle in a White Barcelona cami / Right: Carylee: in the Lace Inset Version

And based on what I read in my comments last week, I do expect to be seeing these on a few more of you, like Rachelle and Elise, and maybe another new one for Ellen.

I was also giddy (yikes, this is becoming a habit...) when Skye sent me pictures of her new Express Aztec Sweaters:


I was concerned that "sweater" and "summer" would not be a good mix but she assured me that they are very lightweight and great for moderate summer days. I also had to ask about her awesome neon yellow shorts. Hers were a clearance find at Old Navy last year but I found a similar pair at 6pm (here), and J. Crew has another pair on final sale here.


2. Strapless Bras
Image via Ebay

The number one thing that seems to be a (justifiable) concern with the Barcelona cami above is the bra situation. I have had good luck with the self-adhesive Nu Bra, but I do still reach for a regular strapless bra fairly often. Mine is this cheap and easy Target option with surprisingly good reviews for under $20. I also got recommendations from my blogger friends on what they like if you're still on the hunt for a strapless bra.

Rachelle likes this Gap Strapless Bra

Carylee likes the Victoria's Secret Body by Victoria 

Noelle likes this VS Very Sexy Multi-Way bra

Again, I'm not posting photos of any of the exact bras here just in case you have an audience around you and weren't expecting photos of women in lingerie on the blog today.

3. Handbags in Fun Colors

Due to the influence of other bloggers everywhere, I decided to test the waters of owning a handbag in a bold color. It's a big step for me because I normally go for the basic black, grey or nude variety. I spotted one in Express (big surprise), and used my phone-a-friend option to decide whether to proceed with this purchase:


Carylee easily persuaded me to make the purchase with her outfit from this post So all week I've been playing a couple of new get-dressed games called "Dress Around the Handbag." As well as, "Wear the Barcelona Cami like it's going out of style."


Left: Barcelona Cami: Express / Shorts: Express / Hot Pink Bag: Express / Necklace: Express / Sandals: Express (Similar)

Middle:  Barcelona Cami: Express / Black Shorts: J. Crew Factory /  Hot Pink Bag: Express / Necklace: Old Navy / Sandals: Sam Edelman Sutton

Right: Barcelona Cami: Express / White Shorts: J. Crew /  Hot Pink Bag: Express / Necklace: Target / Sam Edelman Georgia Sandals: Zappos

* * *

Chances are, the pink handbag is going to be a gateway to handbags in other colors, and I'm open to suggestions on which color would be the best to get next.  Thanks for checking out my favorites today and have a great weekend!



Also Linking up with:
ErikaAndrea and Narci Fashion Friday / Fashion Item Friday / Friday FrillsShanna / Alison / The Pleated Poppy / Tara / Natalia & Ashlyn / Meagan

CONVERSATION

25 comments:

  1. Oh yes ma'am! It's so nice to be featured on your blog again. I constantly put my new buys on IG...much easier this way for me that is. The jean shorts you found on 6pm.com are right on. You can always check my instagram from my blog. I have other Express recent buys, including the lace inset high neck blouson cami - LOVE and the seamed twill cuffed sleeve jacket in LeJeune...if anyone is looking for a great army colored jacket...this is it!!

    Thanks again for getting all giddy with me. Miss you mucho!!!!!!!
    Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    http://instagram.com/skye815

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that they added that jacket in olive! I wish they had added that color sooner since it's my fave lightweight jacket and I have wanted olive forever. Also, just updated the post to link to your IG account instead of your blog so people can shop along with you. :)

      Delete
  2. oh but I did wear my new barcelona cami this week, I will email you a pic shortly. I love the new pink bag, i have a red bag that I wear all year long so same goes for pink in my opinion. So I vote for red or yellow next. Seeing the navy barcelona tank on you I think I need it lol smh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do need navy. It's very versatile. And thanks for the CUTE outfit pic! Hope you'll post it on your blog or I might have to!

      Delete
  3. Don't think I didn't see that sporty jab! I said I was sorry!!! <3
    I'm so happy to see Skye here! I saw it on Instagram and was going to use that as a ploy to get you there, but dangit she gave you a front row seat to see them anyway! :)
    And I am SO excited about the pink bag! You wear it well and it looks like a great size, too! Cobalt is also a great year round color. And I'm actually quite happy you linked to other strapless bras. I need to check out the alternatives! Now I need my other camis stat!!
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pink bag looks great Gina! I love carylee's reaction lol! I think color is suitable and appropriate all year long! Don't for a second think I'm putting away my minty/turquoise Kate spade once temps drop! However, I'm in the market now for a red and tan bag and I think one of them might be from Tory burch (fingers crossed). I also think cobalt is pretty for fall and winter too. Happy Friday! I'm definitely getting at least one or two more camis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love colorful handbags! And a pink one is just perfection! I'll have to look into those strapless bras, I have such a hard time finding one that actually works!

    xx,
    La Joie de Vivre by Alecia Mariana
    Facebook//Twitter//Instagram // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink bag!! Totally agree its a year round color! Loving those cami's, especially Carylee's! I just went to Express yesterday and picked up a few things! Can't wait to get them up on the blog haha!

    Have a great weekend, love!!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh!!! Cannot wait to see what you got Erica! :)

      Delete
  7. Welcome to the "color" side, this is just the begging, soon you will be on a quest to own a rainbow of bags, they are such an easy accessory and so fun to brighten an outfit.

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've accepted that resistance is futile!

      Delete
  8. love the pink bag! that sweater is super cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new pink bag! Purse are such a fun way to add a pop of color to an outfit. You have definitely gotten me back to Express. It is so fun to see how many other people you are influencing :) Have a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO glad you're getting back into Express. Loved your first top and looking forward to seeing what other pieces you add to your collection!

      Delete
  11. Love the pink bag! Pink is for ANY season lovebug. Also, I gotta get more of those camis. Waiting for another 40% sale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That pink cross-body bag is the perfect size and you can use it for every season. I'm adding it to my wish list! The Aztec print sweaters are so cute with the side tie on the hem! Have a great weekend!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adore that pink bag - it's such a fun addition to a summer outfit! I've been craving pink bags too ever since I spotted this MK bag...both sizes are cute though the one pictured is too teeny to seriously hold anything LOL!

    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/286260120039874692/

    So I'm still on the lookout for the perfect hot pink bag...but so glad you found yours ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes that would be me about the strapless bra and Barcelona cami! The cami is back! OMG - I haven't worn a cami out on public in years! That was when things were not as "southern" if you know what I mean LOL. I still have my VS convertible Body bra from 7 years ago. I am like you too, I don't purchase bags in other colors, although I have ventured into cognac lol.

    www.misshotcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your pink purse!!! I wanted that color in my new purse back in the Spring, but ended up with a cobalt blue one instead. I'd still love to get one in pink though :-) Also loving the emerald green bags out there right now too!
    Kellie @ www.ie=style.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way Noelle and Carylee styled the Barcelona Cami! A cami is for sure an essential piece at a women's closet. I love the elegance and simplicity of it.
    http://www.weshopinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't know about that cami but it's adorable. Love it! - J

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've been on the hunt for a good strapless bra!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL...to cute about the pink. I love pink and purple, and I were them all through the season.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!