7/21/14

Monthly Fashion Horoscope: Leo

|
It's that time of the month again: the changing of the Astrological Sign and time for another installment of Fashion Horoscopes.

Monthly Fashion Horoscope

If you want to catch up on what we've learned so far in this series, you can go back to the beginning with these posts:

Part One : (Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer)
Part Two: (Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn)

If you're one of the first four signs of the Zodiac, you can view the full style breakdown for your sign in these posts:


If your birthday falls between July 23 and August 22, you are a Leo, and this post is about you. Here are some key traits, based on what I learned from this article.

About Leo:
  • Symbol: The Lion
  • Element: Fire
  • Flower: Sunflower
  • They're great at getting things done and natural born leaders. They may ruffle feathers along the way since they can be overbearing and set in their ways.
  • Leos consider themselves center of the universe. They're outgoing, self-assured, and have a tremendous zest for life.
  • They love to spend money, and while some might consider them status-conscious, they're warm-hearted and want everyone to be happy.
  • They are supremely talented, have a flair for the dramatic, and love being center stage, which is why there are so many Leos in Hollywood. (See the list below- so many Oscar winners!)

Famous Leo Women:
Mila Kunis (full post on her style here)Kate Beckinsale, Charlize Theron, Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Lopez, Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock, Demi Lovato, Madonna, Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Hayden Panattierre, Giuliana Rancic, Kylie Jenner, Anna Kendrick, Hilary Swank, Anna Paquin, Whitney Houston, Lisa Kudrow, Kim Cattrall, Kristen Chenoweth, J.K. Rowling, Soleil Moon Frye, Kathie Lee Gifford

Famous Leo Men:
Barack Obama, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Brady, John Stamos, Andrew Garfield

Leo Style Inspirations:

Normally I stick to street style for this segment since I think it's a better representation of personal style. And it has a lot more practical application for most of us than red carpet style!) But there's one fashion trend I noticed with Leo women that I couldn't ignore because it was so prominent: they LOVE to rock a white dress.

Mila Kunis:

Kate Beckinsale:

Charlize Theron:

Jennifer Lopez:

So clearly, a white dress is mandatory if you're a Leo or just want to dress like one. Here are a few options for under $100 to get Leo style for yourself this summer:

White Dresses

One / Two / Three / Four
Five / Six / Seven

For everyone else, your Fashion Horoscope this month is once again inspired by your Zodiac flower (explained in this article). See below for your flower and corresponding fashion item from Express.




July-August Fashion Horoscope Part 2


July-August Fashion Horoscope Part 3
Libra: Rose Print Tank / Scorpio: Sequin Mini Skirt / Sagittarius: Lace Hem Trapeze Tee


July August Fashion Horoscope Part 4

* * *
I have to admit, I'm a little bit jealous of Leos! I love their fearless, fiery nature...basically the opposite of my own. It also seems to translate into their fashion choices, which makes it so fun to see what they wear. I pinned a lot of other great Leo street style looks (before stumbling onto the white dress theme, so feel free to check them out on this Pin Board if you want to see more.

Shop the Post:



Linking up with:
Marvelous Monday / Rachelle & Charnele / KatLauren / Lauren / Paige / Laura / Shanna / Alison / The Pleated Poppy / Tara / JoLynne / Amy Ann & Laura



Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        


CONVERSATION

29 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the info on Leos....my sister is a Leo that's why this is more special to me! And wow I'm so impressed with all the white looks you shared with us!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice,I love it!

      There it is a big discount for celine bags www.celineofficialmall.com

      Delete
  2. Your horoscope series is so fun to read! I love the look of white dresses for summer! My favorites in your picks are #2 & #3. I am also loving the sequin mini that you picked out for Scorpio!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of white! That's so interesting to see, since wearing a white dress can be a bit tricky of a color to pull off if your not getting married. I did try on dress number 4 at the store and it is soo cute! Just wish I had somewhere to wear it lol!

    Another fun post to read.Gina! Can't wait until Wednesday!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well well well! I guess I know what I need to find for my birthday outfit!!
    Eeeee! I didn't realize how many of my favorite people are Leos! And wait, center of the universe?! Nahhhh! But have you seen my pic on Nordstroms website???!? Haha
    Loved it- thanks!! <3
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the all-white looks! Mila Kunis and Kate Beckinsale are two of my favorites when it comes to style. I'm a little jealous of Leos too. I wish I had that kind of fearlessness. Thanks for a fun post. Have a great week, Gina! ~ Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally we get to me!! Love being a Leo and you are SO right on the write up! I laughed. I totally love all white and can see why us Leo's have the same style!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this about us fearless Leos! I love wearing white! Great post, lovey dovey!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this series. I'm not a Leo, but love how they are rocking those white dresses! I might have to get one. I hope you had a great weekend!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  9. You picked a perfect piece for Scorpio for me. I have had the sequin skirt on my list forever and I absolutely love that pink color. I also love all white looks but I feel like it doesn't look as good on me. I can't respond to comments on my blog (don't know why!!) but it's not too hot to wear long sleeves here as long as it's a light material, I roll up the sleeves, and wear shorts. Although, I sweat wearing anything, so machine-wash is a must. Ha ha. And go Miley! I always think of Party in The USA when I mention a cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who knew if you were a leo you wore so much white!!! Those white looks are gorgeous. I don't wear enough white (maybe because I am a Libra). I always think of brides but these white looks are stunning. Great post as usual!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Kate and Charlize, I really like my pick this month too. I'm really tempted to get this cami. I'm not a leo but I do love white.

    xo
    ​PinkSole​

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I am loving that it is Leo season! My birthday falls on the 20th of August, rawr!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mila Kunis is flawless! i so want a white dress. i am far too clumsy. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlize Theron always looks great in white! Who am I kidding she looks great in anything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Charlize Theron's style. She is basically perfection =) Hope you had a great Monday, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this series! I've been doing astrological chart analysis for years and I love that you're focusing on the fashionable attributes of each sign. So glad I found this linkup! ;-)

    Alicia
    spashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun post!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Replies
    1. LOL, yes! You have my permission. :)

      Delete
  19. What a stylish group of women! Mila- so gorgeous!
    Happy Tuesday, babe!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this post! I'm very into horoscopes and I'm a leo too, this is definitely very true! I'm definitely a typical leo haha! I'm also very into white dresses this summer too :D
    thanks for sharing!

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me, and glad that you could relate to the Leo characteristics!

      Delete
  21. It's funny, my mom is a Leo and this describes her perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now I know why I like wearing white so much...must be the leo in me! Great post :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear, I’d like to say that your blog is awesome! And everything is amazing! I like your design, your photos and your style! Your outfits deserve separate attention!)

    will be happy if you find a minute to visit my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a leo! I'm a leo! This month it's all about me! Let us all rejoice in the day I was born! The universe is truly a happier place when it's in my "special" month... :) And we get to wear cool white dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooo! What a neat post! Can't wait till next month (yay virgo!). Those white dresses are so amazing! I love the look of #2!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm not worthy of the sign.. I have to live up to it, style-wise ;) To think that I was born on the same day with JLo.. she would be disappointed! Thanks for putting this together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!