6/30/14

Nothing New

|
Since this is my first summer as a blogger, I was worried I'd need an all-new summer wardrobe to make my outfits blog-worthy. There's some serious motivation to try a little harder with your outfits when you might share them with a fashion-minded audience! But with a little inspiration, so far I've been able to take a lot of my favorite pieces from past seasons and work them right into summer.

I first wore this shirt back here, and when I wanted to style it for summer, I vaguely recalled a picture of Reese with a similar shirt and white shorts:
Top: Express (SimilarSimilar) / Shorts: J Crew / Watch: Fossil / Link Bracelet: Express / Chevron Bracelet: Express / Sandals: Macy's

As it turns out, I've probably seen several different Pins of Reese wearing this color combination. It seems like it's kind of her "thing". 


I styled this green blouse several different ways back in February (shown here) and just made some simple styling changes for summer: shorts vs. pants, rolled up sleeves, change shoes of and accessories and done:
Image via Zara

Blouse: Express / Shorts: J Crew Factory / Necklace: Old Navy / Sandals: Vince Camuto (via Zappos)  Watch: Fossil / Scroll Bracelet: Express / Spike Bracelet: Sage K and Co


I first wore this tunic here with dark jeans and mules, but after seeing this outfit on JoLynne, I wanted to copy it for a more summery look with this top:

Tunic: Express (Similar) / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Vince Camuto (via Zappos)  Watch: Fossil / Spike Bracelet: Sage K and Co


Last month I wore these shorts in my favorite black & white color combination (shown here) but after seeing Amy Ann style her shorts with a hot pink top, I decided to try that next:
Image via: The Real Arnolds

Blouse: Express / Shorts: Express (Similar) Necklace: Express / Scroll Bracelet: Express / Watch: Fossil / Spike Bracelet: Sage K and Co / Sandals: Target


With some of my Portofino Shirts, I limit some colors to specific seasons. But the white blouse is a classic and a year-round option for me. I first wore it here, then Olivia Palermo Style, then OC Housewife Style, and now with shorts (of course!) for summer:
Image via Nasty Gal

Blouse: Express / Shorts: J Crew Factory  / Watch: Fossil / Chain Link Necklace: Similar / Link Bracelet: Express / Bracelet Stack: Express / Belt: Target / Sandals: Macy's


Hm, well, I must admit this last one is a recent purchase and not a re-style from a previous season (although I first showed top last week and the black version here). But hopefully I can find some way to style it for Fall to get some extra life out of it. I've wanted to re-create this pin since last summer but never found the right lace top until Express came out with the Baroque Tiered Lace Tank this year. I originally planned to wear it with blue underneath just like the pin, but after trying a few colors I ended up liking orange best on me:
Image via Pinterest

Lace Tank: Express / Tank: Old Navy (Neon Orange Sherbet) / Shorts: Old Navy (Magic Island)  / Metallic Gold Sandals: Forever 21
* * *

And that's June, in the books with another batch of everyday outfits featuring a heavy dose of clothes and accessories from Express and a dash of Pin-spiration...you know, nothing new around here!



Linking up with:


Get Pin-Spired:  Pinterest Told Me ToThe Larson Lingo, and Mix & Match Mama



Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        


CONVERSATION

36 comments:

  1. You’ve been doing a wonderful job mixing old and new pieces. I always find inspiration whenever I visit your blog. Have a great Monday and enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your summer re-creations! You pull off a button down blouse like no other! I also adore that lace tank!

    Hope you had a nice weekend!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need stripe shorts, and I cannot wait to pair my lace top with colored tanks. Love all your outfits :)

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never fail to inspire me with your styling Gina....of course, I am so partial to the stripes shorts combo!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously love these outfit combinations you have. My favorite is the pink top with the black and white striped shorts. All are so cute and easy to put together!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! It's so important to stretch your wardrobe because otherwise we would all be in the poor house! I love being inspired by others, bloggers and celebrities alike. Love all your looks, all the time!

    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love long sleeve tops with shorts! All of your recreations are perfect for summer and so chic! My favorite is the bright pink top with the striped shorts (still wanting those shorts!).

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have totally thought the same thing about blogging this summer. I started my blog as a personal one and posted my first fashion piece last summer, but it was definitely not a fashion blog at the time. It's funny how my mindset to getting dressed has changed. I think, "is this something I would want to share?" It has made me be more creative I think. I love all your summer choices! It's great to have a few pieces that transcend seasons. I just ordered a white blouse too thinking the same thing. Thanks for the feature. You're the best!!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that you are recreating some summer looks with all these pieces. love the blue top + white shorts combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blue and white combo is so crisp and fresh and perfect for summer! That's what I always turn to, but all your looks I would wear head to toe. And it's ok to not have anything "new around here" because why meds with perfection, right? ;) http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loose button downs and shorts are my summer uniform! Pinterest has the BEST fashion inspiration when I have style block

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for everything, Gina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - you nail those looks everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your summer looks. Those blouses are all beautiful and I like the variety you offer.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many great looks! I never tire of a white and blue combination!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely love re-working some of my past season loves into summer! You really can't go wrong with simple basics for summer.
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have that voile top but in cobalt blue. I wore it in my jewelry post but now I am going to put it with white shorts. Thanks for the inspiration. Ha. I keep saying this, but I need to shop my closet more. I find that most of my pins include a piece of clothing I already have but the pin shows a new way to wear it. And I'm still loving that lace tank.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You do such a good job mixing and matching your wardrobe!! Love how you made the last look work for you!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the blue top and white shorts combo. I just can't get enough of blue button down shirts. They're just so classic and versatile. I keep wanting to get more of them. I also love the hot pink against the black and white striped shorts. That's a great look on both you and Amy. Have a great week and an early Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've done such a good job remixing your wardrobe! I love the black, white, and pink combo. I think I need to shop my closet more!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  21. You rocked these! All of your shirts look so flowy and comfortable. Denim shirt is my absolute fave! I think it makes you look good no matter who you are; I find myself mixing and matching mine way more times than I care to count haha. Love the hot pink and stripes too!
    Thanks for sharing :)
    xo Dani

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the portofinos because they are season less here in SoCal! A lot of express pieces can be worn so many different ways :) you did a great job styling all of these looks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had the same worry for summer wardrobe and trying to mix up lots of older pieces with fresh new buys. I find it's actually really fun to mix and match and try to be creative. You've done Gina an AMAZING job making your pieces summer appropriate. Seriously love all the new versions, and your sandals on all pictures SO cute!!! What a great way to use Pinterest for inspiration, pinterest is like a hobby to me now haha. Have a fun new week, XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like Reese style anyone could wear it. Thanks for sharing.

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great summer looks! The black is my fav. :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do love the look of blue with white, but I think you look better in it than Reese. ;)

    Cheresa
    www.misshotcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look adorable, I love the inspiration and your take on the looks! Thanks for linking-up with Little Miss Monday! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm with you- a new season rolls around and I'm like, "Need to buy everything, nowwww!" Haha. But I love the way you remix stuff- stretches the closet! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh that lace tank is super cool! I love that it would pair so well with so many colored tanks (and who doesn't already have a bunch of those?)!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amy is the cutest! Love this look on both of you! amazing!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are all some pretty fantastic looks! I really love the black and white shorts with the bright pink top. I need some shorts like these in my life. :)

    Jennie
    http://www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love all the looks!

    Would you like to follow each other ?

    Kisses,

    Emily from Pretty Tiny Things

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love all of these looks! My favorite it the first one! Simple, but a classic!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. so cute. hope you’ll check out my blog at www.loveolia.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love all these looks! And girl! you have the legs to wear these shorts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Gorgeous
    I am loving the lace top and your blog!
    I would love to join in on your Monday link up - sounds fun and I would def link you back from my blog!

    http://www.lovelaurenxx.com/home/
    http://www.lovelaurenxx.com/stormy-sydney/

    I hope this is the correct way to join your link up?
    Love Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!