6/23/14

Monthly Fashion Horoscope: Cancer

|
It's that time of the month again: the changing of the Astrological Sign and time for another installment of Fashion Horoscopes.

Monthly Fashion Horoscope

If you want to catch up on what we've learned so far in this series, you can go back to the beginning with these posts:

Part One : (Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer)
Part Two: (Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn)

If you're one of the first three signs of the Zodiac, you can view the full style breakdown for your sign in these posts:


If your birthday falls between June 22 and July 22, you are a Cancer, and this post is about you. Here are some key traits, based on what I learned from this article.

About Cancer:
  • Symbol: The Crab
  • Element: Water
  • Flower: Acanthus
  • Those born under this sign are "roots" kind of people who love the comforts of home and family
  • Cancers are maternal, domestic, and love to nurture others
  • They wear their heart on their sleeve: they're the first to laugh and the first to cry
  • They can be overly sensitive, easily hurt, and prone to brooding
  • They are good with money, although some consider them too thrifty
Famous Cancer Women:
  • Jessica Simpson, Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Cheryl Cole, Khloe Kardashian 
Cancer Style Inspirations:

Ashley Tisdale:

Cheryl Cole: 

Selena Gomez:

Create their Style:


Ashley Tisdale inspired outfit


Cheryl Cole Style


Last month I introduced each sign to their Zodiac flower (via this article), and this month's Fashion Horoscopes for all signs are inspired by their flower. See below for your flower and corresponding fashion item from Express.


June-July Horoscope 1
Aries: Mixed Media Tee / Taurus: Midi Skirt / Gemini: Floral Skort



June-July Horoscope Part 2

Cancer: Romper  / Leo: Leopard Pumps  / Virgo: Pleated Blouson Cami



June- July Horoscope Part 3

Libra:  Rose Print Skort / Scorpio: Lace Embellished Cami / Sagittarius: Baroque Lace Tee



June-July Horoscope Part 4
Capricorn: Floral Tie Front Cami /  Aquarius: Portofino Shirt / Pisces: Moto Jacket


As always, I look forward to your feedback on your horoscope! If you're a Cancer, did you identify with any of your style icons? If you're another sign, did you connect with your Zodiac Flower-inspired fashion item? Let me know in the comments below!



Also linking up with:


Linkup Button





We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        


CONVERSATION

31 comments:

  1. Another great post, Gina! I can somewhat relate to my zodiac flower (chrysanthemum) I tend to be more serious with my feelings and I am definitely very intuitive. This was fun to read!

    Hope you had a nice weekend!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find your Horoscope posts interesting! My oldest daughter is a Cancer and ironically she totally relates to Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez, and Arianna Grande. I'd be ok with it if she adapted their style too ;-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this horoscope post and the celebrity style inspirations! I went back to check out Scorpio and it's pretty accurate. I never knew there was a zodiac flower - the chrysanthemum is so pretty!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally taunting me with those leopard pumps aren't you??!
    I get really excited to read these even tho they aren't my sign. No pressure for August! :)
    You're just such a good resource for celeb fashion inspiration- I love it!
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leo...leopard...it just goes! Plus the yellow and black of the pumps and the sunflowers. I promise I wasn't trying to tempt you. Just following the astrological signs to the fashion item that was meant to be. hee hee.

      Delete
  5. This is so fun! I really love the piece for my sign - Capricorn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol I'm always more excited about other signs items lol, I wish I was Aquarius I love that orchid top.

    xo
    PinkSole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually like the Scorpio top. I love black and pink together. You're so good at analyzing celebrity style too. These posts are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post......Wow I'm so happy to represent the flower for this year's color of the year! And I find Cheryl Cole's style the best!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- Cheryl was my favorite from this group and is one of my new style inspirations! But it may be that she's just closest to my age and I have a harder time relating to Ashley and Selena. :)

      Delete
  9. Morning glory for Virgo is just about right..lol Cool post.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a puzzle as to why the entry pic is black with pink letters. hmmm. I showed black when I selected it but I thought it would switch when printed. Oh well, Thanks for the fun hop here and such. Have a super day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love orchids, and with this year pantone color, us Aquarius girls are meant to have the best time ever!!!

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool post! Thank you for hosting the link up!

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leopard pumps for the Leo's, PERFECT! That's my favorite print. :-) Cute post...thanks for linking up!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss...I feel like I'm really hitting my astrological stride this month!

      Delete
  14. Wow, a lot of stylish celebrities are Cancers. Ok, so how come I never saw that moto jacket at Express? I've been looking for a white one for a long time. I'm bummed carnation is the flower for Capricorn. Not my favorite :-( . Thanks for hosting and have a great week, Gina! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not to worry about the carnation. Once summer is over and the flowers are dying outside I'll probably go back to the Astrological color wheel. :)

      Delete
  15. Such a fun post! Even though it isn't my sign, I love the Pieces moto jacket!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this series! Cheryl Cole's outfit is perfection for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a fun series! Even though I'm an Aries, I love Ashley Tisdale's style:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a leo and I have been coveting sunflowers all summer so far!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVED this post!! So much information about all the horoscopes, my was perfect!! Linked up and can't wait to see what everyone else is up to :)
    -Kat
    www {dot} confessionsoftheperfectmom {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a fun post! I am a cancer and think I can see some similarities with Ashley Tisdale's style.
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. another fun horoscope post! i have to wait so long for mine, boo! lol. i used to love ashley tisdale's style, i still do but i can't really relate (aka copy) for my own lifestyle, if that makes sense. cheryl cole looks amazing as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many pretty picks. I've had my eye on the floral midi skirt for a while - just need a chance to go in store and try it on. Also loving the lace camisole you picked for scorpio - such a pretty colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely LOVE Selena's style, and Cheryl Cole is such a babe!

    Happy Tuesday, darling!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh, we Leos get the lamest stuff! First the peridot (pale green rock that no one's ever heard of) and now we get the frickin sunflower...how boring is that??? Anyway, sorry for the rant...Cheryl Cole is really cute...i need to look up who she is. AND, I love the zebra print midi skirt, it's so classy but funky at the same time.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi gina! wanted to come on here to check out your posts and say hi! I happen to see the link up so I got curious, followed instructions, but I feel like Im missing something hahaha! I hope I did it correctly but anyhow, just wanting to say thank you again and that I love how fun your posts are! I can get sucked into your blog for hours if I allowed myself! lol!

    uris
    http://my-sinina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I read this earlier in the week but had to read again. So thoughtful and thorough. Love it. Love that you added matching items to matching flowers. I love my item: the floral midi pencil skirt. I can totally identify with it and if you saw my post on Tuesday I wore a very, very similar skirt. =)

    Welcome by when you have a second. Hope your weekend was LOVELY, Doll. <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!