5/7/14

Kid's Choice

|
Since Mother's Day is this Sunday, a lot of blogs have helpful Mother's Day Gift Guides this week. I wanted to jump on that bandwagon, but after browsing around the Express website for my mom, here's the list of things I think she would like:  ___________________.

So instead, I decided to have a little fun with some moms who do shop at Express.  Meet Kellie and Tracy. I asked their kids to send me a list of five things they would like to get for their moms at Express. Dads were allowed to help a little with the computer stuff, but I made the Moms pinky-promise not to peek at the kid's choices until they saw the post today.


So what do their kids wish their mom would wear? Well, I was surprised by some of their choices so maybe you will be too!


TRACY'S KIDS CHOSE...


Tracy has a son (age 12) and daughter (age 7), and here are their top five choices for their mom:

List Two

Rhinestudded Skull Square Scarf / Polka Dot Pencil Skirt / Ikat Print Tube Dress
Lattice Yoke Tee / Short Layered Chevron Necklace

Tracy, do your kids read this blog??? Two weeks ago, one of my professional shoppers recommended this polka dot pencil skirt (see post here) and Tracy wrote in the comments section, "I love that polka dot skirt. I sold my J. Crew one and am looking to replace it with something fun. This may just be the one." Your kids must know you pretty well!

I grabbed a little polka dot skirt inspiration for Tracy in case her family takes her on a Mother's Day shopping spree to get this skirt at Express.

Outfit Details: Perfection Possibilities / Shabby Apple /  Bows & Sequins

I thought Shelby's outfit would be a practical option for Tracy in terms of her climate and lifestyle, so I shopped around to find some similar pieces:

Polka dot skirt outfit



KELLIE'S KIDS CHOSE...

Kellie has two girls (ages 10 and 9), and here's what they would love to get for their mom at Express:
List One


I was totally surprised to find out that Kellie is fringe bikini top kind of mom! (According to her kids...) On the other hand, I could easily picture Kellie wearing the bright orangey-red dress they chose, which has been a popular look with a variety of celebrities:

Kellie also posted recently (here) that she picked up this Leopard Fold-Over Convertible Clutch and it seems like it would be the perfect complement to this dress for a date night:

Orange fit & Flare dress


Well, Happy Early Mother's Day Tracy and Kellie! I really wish this was a TV show so I could have you come out for a final reveal in some of the items your kids chose for you! But I'll settle for reading your comments on how well you think they understand your personal style with their selections!


Linking up on Wednesday:
Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / What I Wore Wednesday  / Whatcha Wearin' Wednesday /
Color Brigade

Linking up on Thursday:


CONVERSATION

32 comments:

  1. ooooh i want that polka dot skirt and the orange dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kids are awesome, their picks are perfect. I really need to go to Express this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha!! This is great!! I really love all the items Tracy's kiddos picked for her...the scarf and polka dot skirt being "drool" items for sure! On the other hand, my girls made me laugh!!! The fringe bikini, while beautiful and I love the color, I'm not so sure I could pull it off...lol!! However, I do really like the other items they picked for me! I'm surprised by the jacket....I am finding a new love for jackets/blazers and apparently they picked up on that! The camo sweatshirt is one of those items that I maybe wouldn't traditionally pick for myself, but I find that I really like it and I would gladly wear it! They nailed it on the Orange Dress...totally my style and a color I love! Overall I'm very impressed with how all the kiddos did! Shows that maybe they do pay more attention to us than we think ;-) Again, VERY fun post and thank you for including me and my girlies!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following up with your feedback on your girls' choices! I love hearing which pieces you would wear (or not) and what things might have inspired them to make their selections. I actually thought the camo-heart sweatshirt was something I could see them choosing for themselves! It starts young! :)

      Delete
  4. Haha, I love this post! Such an original idea to have kids choose some options for their moms. LOVE the polka dot skirts featured! Totally made me want one now.

    xo,
    -Nathy @ Earnestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and so glad you enjoyed the post! I loved putting it together.

      Delete
  5. I love this post, the kids did an awesome job, and that polka dot skirt is perfection.

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! My kids did great. My husband said that my daughter did most of the picking which doesn't surprise me. My son wants really nothing to do with clothes. Ha ha. That scarf totally has my colors, I love that they think I can pull off a tube dress, I totally want that lattice tee now, and they know I love blue and statement necklaces. But I have to tell you about the polka dot pencil. I was in Nordstrom Rack yesterday to (ahem) get some mother's day gifts and I picked myself up a white and black polka dot midi skirt!!! It must have been out there in the universe or something. I was scarily surprised this morning when I saw that they picked this skirt. This was so much fun and thanks for including me. My daughter is already asking me when she can do this again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for responding with your feedback, Tracy! You were definitely meant to have a polka dot pencil skirt, whether it came from Express or not. I also think that polka dot skirt would look cute with the lattice top they chose! I'd be glad to have Laila guest post again- this was so fun!

      Delete
  7. Awe, how fun is this!! Their kids did an awesome job! Now I am curious what my kids would have chosen for me!! I kinda want everything they all picked...time to run into Express!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for volunteering your kids for the next round of this. Hee hee. :)

      Delete
  8. This is so cute! The kids picked some really fun pieces. I love the polka dot skirt!
    Nicole
    www.nicoletothenines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha aww this is so fun!! I did not know Express had a polka dot skirt... that is so cute! Right up my ally too!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina this is such a creative Mother's Day gift idea post- LOVE LOVE! Totally enjoyed what the kids chose for their moms. A lot of fun stuff too like the polka dot skirt and the fringe bikini <3 I am SO curious what my three would choose for me from Express now haha; I may put them to the test. :-)) XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elif! Believe me, I'm taking notes on who wants their kids to participate next time. :) This was a blast.

      Delete
  11. What a great post! So cute and such a great idea! You are so darn creative!

    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg i love those fab orange dresses! gorgeous picks <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant and well researched post! You did an amazing job. And a great idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute post! I was also surprised by the fringe bikini...i can't imagine my mom ever wearing something like that, but its cute that the see their mom as a teeny-bopper on spring break :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was soooo fun! One of my favorites of yours! So creative and love that the families were both involved!! It was great reading both of their reactions to their virtual gifts! Such a fun read! <3 http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that polka dot skirt and that it's a decent length!

    Happy Medley // Currently Loving Link Up

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the polka dot skirts! This is such a sweet post. So thankful for my mom!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both Tracy and Kelli have such great styles. I follow and love their blogs, both. Loved this unique, fun post. You are always so creative with your post Miss Gina. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellie* sorry typing from my phone and forgot the "e". =)

      Delete
  19. I think I need that polka dot skirt in my life!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! Getting the kids involved in the post. I love their choices. I'd love to see what my girls would pick. I'm obsessed with a polka-dot skirt now. Thanks for linking up. Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow these kids have great taste!!
    I would sure rock some of the pieces they picked!!

    This was a really neat idea!! Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun little experiment! The kids did choose some bold, as well as some very sensible items. I might like that polka dot skirt for myself!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have to admit, it has been a long time since I shopped at Express. But I might have to go check out that polka dot pencil skirt. Love it styled with the tshirt and hat. Thanks for linking up to the Be. YOU. tiful link party. I am loving your awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This was the cutest little idea! Kids are the cutest, we don't think they notice and they pick up on EVERYTHING. They are so young, yet have amazing taste! I love everything they picked, can't get over how cute they are. God bless ;)

    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the lattice tees! I have it in black and just ordered it in beige too. So unique and the quality is out of this world. Its even long on my 5'10" torso (gasp)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!