5/9/14

Features & Favorites 5/9/14

|
It's Friday, and if you're new around here, that means I usually give a little round-up of my favorite recent outfits featuring products from my favorite store. Whether they were on TV, in magazines, or on blogs I hunt them down and post them for your viewing and shopping pleasure. Today it's all about bloggers in Express because there were so many great looks since my last post.

First up is Erica from Casually Styled in her Express striped shorts. I admit I'm biased in my love here because I have these shorts too (details here). So I was happy to see she bought these because now I can steal her styling ideas. She's already given me two options, and it's becoming clear that these striped shorts quite versatile.
Compete Outfit Details: One  / Two

While we're on a roll with black and white, I loved this look by Pamela of Sequins and Seabreezes wearing the Railroad Trim Babydoll Tank. I always say black and white is my favorite color combination, and I could see myself wearing every last piece of this look.
Complete Outfit Details: Here

It's takes some skill to put together a great outfit, but it's a seriously impressive feat in my book to actually design your own pieces! Nora of Jacket Society designed the cool striped jacket she's wearing, and of course I couldn't help but notice that she paired it with an  Express Zip Front Cami :
Complete Outfit Details: Here 

Darcy is wearing all Express in this outfit, from her Chelsea Blue Portofino shirt to her Striped Linen Shorts. This outfit made me move these shorts to the top of my summer wishlist...thanks Darcy! Both these and the striped shorts that Erica is wearing are listed as having a 2.5 inch inseam, which sounds like it should be in Daisy Duke territory. But on both of these girls the length looks flattering and not nearly as short as it sounds.
Complete Outfit Details: Here

And last but never least is Carylee in a classic True White Portofino. I'd like to think she was inspired to create this look by my Olivia Palermo post (here), but really she's just a natural at finding great pieces and putting them together.
Complete Outfit Details: Here

After the 40% off sale last month I noticed that the color selection of Portofinos was pretty well cleaned out. But they've just re-stocked the classics like the ones Carylee and Darcy wore above, and they've also added a few new colors if you're working on completing your rainbow of color options like I seem to be:

New Express portofino colors
Slate Brown, Imperial Green, Tangerine, Lilac Purple (All available here)

Sometimes when I'm preparing these posts I see things on the Express website that take me by surprise and I have to share. For instance these Scuba Skirts. Let's just say...they're pretty wild! I can't wait to see who will be the first fearless blogger to style one of these!
Wild skirts

This weekend everything is 40% off online, and some Express stores are having $50 off $100, so check your email or local store to see if it's part of the promotion. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!


Linking up with:

The Lauren Elizabeth / Friday's Fab Favorites / Casual Friday /Favorite Fashion Friday / / Fashion Item Friday / Passion for Fashion  / Fashion Friday / Friday Favorites / Stylish Saturday / Anything Goes / I Would So Rock This / Weekend Wind Down  / Natalia & Ashlyn /

CONVERSATION

26 comments:

  1. OMG I need both pair of striped shorts!! So cute!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the double feature! I greatly appreciate it!

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    xo, Erica
    !Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the feature girl! So cute!! :) Happy Friday!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thanks for stopping in to check it out.

      Delete
  4. These are all great looks and... I'M in love with the Express shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love everything. striped shorts = love! 2.5 inch inseam? holy shortness! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the horizontal striped ones and they're really not as bad as they sound!

      Delete
  6. I need to try on these shorts, but I have issues with Express shorts they often look oochie on me lol. But I do want the gray and orange portofino.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I love Express, I really don't own many of their shorts for the same reason as you. But I keep trying anyway....every now and then I find a gem.

      Delete
  7. I love all those striped looks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the email this morning about 40% off and I immediately think of you! I'm going to do some online shopping to see if I "need" anything! I love the striped shorts Erica is wearing and I purchased the top a few weeks ago with the high waisted crochet shorts so that will be on the blawg soon! Thanks for always inspiring!

    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for featuring me! Buy the shorts and we can be twins!! A skirt with a cat on the front!? Seems very un-Express like haha but I hope someone styles it soon so we can see!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You totally picked some of my favorite fashion bloggers! Love those stripes!!! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of the looks are super cute but I really love those striped shorts!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stripped separates, and that leopard mini is intense!

    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for including me in the post. Love all the other looks!
    FYI - the stripe jacket that I designed will be available for sale on my web site this weekend. Only a few left!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, and thanks for stopping by to check it out!

      Delete
  14. a few awesome outfits, thanks for puling this all together

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo, the striped shorts are awesome!! Can't wait to see others ways you wear yours! Wow...the animal skirts....hm, LOL!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just can't get enough of stripes, love seeing all the outfit ideas! :)

    Tracy
    www.TracyNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to see how else you style those striped shorts. And I love Darcy's look. I told her it's one of her best. I just love blue and stripes and she's just so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how Erica styled those gorgeous shorts, both times. Especially the all-stripe outfit. Darcy's outfit is so pretty too. I have a darker blue version of the Portofino, like a Royal. I also love all those muted, Pastel Colors of the Portofino that you posted. And those Animal Skirts - true love. You know I love animal print way too much.

    If you like you can snoop around the blog to see what I purchased last. =) It is A LOT of stuff. LOL

    Happy Mother's Day to your Mamma!! Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. If Express ever starts selling on the Home Shopping Network...you should be all over that job...you are already doing it! "And here we have Erica, wearing the Express pin tucked, diamond back v-neck shirt...doesn't Erica look fabulous ladies?"...LOL :). Seriously though, I'm in love w/ Erica's striped look...the crop top and the shorts...fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, so pretty! So many great looks!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Big THANK YOU goes out to you for these fab ideas and for your patience in me getting to thanking you for being a vital part of "Fashion item Friday" {*FiF*}! I love your blog and how it rolls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!