4/16/14

The Best News

|
40% off Everything. Free Shipping on Every Order. At Express. This brightened up my ordinary Wednesday in a major way! And apparently a lot of people feel the same way since the Express website crashed earlier today!

On Friday, my Expert Panel of Shoppers (oh yes, I'm serious) will be sharing their sale selections, but today I thought I'd do a bonus quickie review of some of my tried-and-true product recommendations since Free Shipping is the best when you only want one or two things, and so many brick and mortar stores have such limited selections:

Perfect Spring Jackets:

Cotton Anorak Jacket

Twill Moto Jacket in Foliage and Black  (Shown with Mixed Metal Chevron Necklace

A couple of my favorite jeans:




Classic Shirt Choices: 

Convertible Sleeve Portofino Shirt in ALL OF THE COLORS (you can never have too many):


And speaking of the Voile Convertible Sleeve Tunic, I knew I wanted another color option for spring and couldn't get Skye's outfit with these striped shorts out of my head. (All of her outfit details here). 

I was unsure about the 2.5 inch inseam and the high waist on these shorts because I am adamant about having a 3 inch inseam on shorts. Not 2.5 inches, not 3.5 inches, and definitely not 4 inches. But Skye said they didn't feel that short so I ran in store today to try them on with another color of the Chiffon Pieced Two Pocket Tunic. Here's how it looked in the fitting room:

And sure enough, I agreed with her. These do feel more like a 3 inch inseam and they didn't feel like booty shorts at all. (I'm 5'4" for reference.) The high waist also didn't bother me just because I know I'll be wearing it just like this- with a shirt or blouse untucked over it.

I brought both of these pieces home with me because the deals were just too good to pass up! Thanks for stopping by and happy sale shopping tonight!

Linking up with the following groups:
Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / What I Wore Wednesday

Mix & Match Fashion / Tres Chic Fashion  / Bethany & Meghan  / The Fashion Informant / Jacqueline & Elle / The Tiny Heart & The Penniless Socialite

Friday's Fab Favorites / Casual Friday /Favorite Fashion Friday / The Lauren Elizabeth / Fashion Item Friday / Passion for Fashion  / Fashion Friday /  The Totally Awesome Blog Hop
Stylish Saturday / Be.YOU.tiful /

CONVERSATION

40 comments:

  1. I'm breaking my no-buy for this! Portofino shirt, here I come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shorts on you. They will go with so many tops this summer. I just bought a s*%t-ton of stuff today so I really can't buy anymore but with 40% off?.....No, I must be strong. Ahhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was saying the same thing. "I don't need any more tops." But with 40% off I just give up. It doesn't happen very often.

      Delete
  3. ahhh!! I totally just went on a shopping spree at Express Online!! I got that chevron necklace that you're sporting!! Super excited....see the haul soon on a High Five for Friday tho! ;-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your outfits Gina, and I see a peep of blonde hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes you do! Thanks so much Rachelle. :)

      Delete
  5. I went to Express today my friend! I picked up some goodies and another fast cash! oh Yeah!

    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Can't wait to see what you got!

      Delete
  6. The portofino is the best shirt ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? 40 percent off and fee shipping? Well this makes my day a lot happier, now time to shop. Love all the looks especially those striped shorts, I need them.

    www.vogueandheels.com
    IG: @Anngelik15

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found out my co-worker is an Express girl and told her she just had to read your blog! She was so excited over the sale I thought she might actually hug me. It's nice to bring joy to the non-fashion people!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing about the blog with your co-worker! Glad you got to be the bearer of the good sale news!

      Delete
  9. You see, I wasn't supposed to buy til Summer for my vacay and then this email came to me so right before midnight, I jumped in and bought some shorts and some white tops. Girrrrrrrrl, YOU IS BAD FO ME! Thanks for featuring me again. La ya Gina, I la ya la ya la ya, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my fault that Express made you break your no-buy!! I report, you decide. :)

      Delete
  10. I got the email as well! Can't help to think of you every time I hear something about Express!! I need some Portofino shirts in my closet asap!

    xo, Erica
    Convertible Sleeve Portofino Shirt

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. thank you so much:)

      Delete
  12. You look so cute in all your photos! I like your jean variety and belts. Now you've made me want to go shopping... :)

    xx, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! I'm glad you feel like there's some variety since I repeat the same formula a lot...just slight differences. :)

      Delete
  13. I totally want those shorts!! My express doesn't have them in stock EVER. I ended up purchasing some other striped shorts from them, they are super cute!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I can't wait to see what striped shorts you got!

      Delete
  14. Good news, but dangerous news!

    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely post!
    
Please check out our blog at http://www.beautyshareit.com

    
xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What?!? I was just in there on Tuesday, glad I didn't buy anything!! Heading to scoop up some goodies before the sale ends. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahah, yep, I went on my lunch break yesterday and got what I wanted but there are still a few things I'm debating about. Looks like the free shipping is over for now, though. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That Express blouse is perfection, especially in green! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How sad that I haven't taken advantage of the sale?! Is it 40% off everything?! Because there is a bracelet and some sunnies I've had my eye on. I need to run to express tomorrow! Oh, also have you tried the sleeveless portofinos? I think I need one for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! 40% off everything. :) Except watches and gift cards. Definitely see if you can get in this weekend. I did try the sleeveless Portofino yesterday and passed on it. I just wasn't in love with how it looked on me, even though I love it on others. I will try to include the pictures in my post tomorrow just for reference. :)

      Delete
  20. Yayyy, buy ALL of the Express things! I love a good sale. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look fabulous in the shorts...glad that half an inch didn't throw you off! They look great with that punch color too! I got the emails from express too about the sale and thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. All your looks are very stylish. I was attracted to colored shirts, thanks for the different ideas of how to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG I missed a second Wednesday post?
    I'm jealous of those shorts- they look great on you! And I would appreciate it if you would stop taunting me with the anorak jacket mmkay?
    I was at a job site on Wednesday but got the text message and immediately ordered that floral portofino from my phone! I was tempted to get the other dot portofino but decided against it. Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't help myself. These sales are too special not to merit a special post. And sorry but you need that jacket. A vest is not the same....

      Delete
  24. wow thank you so much for sharing, i've been looking for a good pair of white jeans!

    have a great weekend! - elyssa

    http://wit-and-whim.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these looks! There are so many great sales going on right now. i just shopped J.Crew for 40% off too! Must check out Express ASAP! Thanks girl! xo~Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. The white ankle zip jeans are too cute. I need a pair.
    Visiting from Favorite Fashion Friday!

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!