4/9/14

High Interest Rates

|
I have my Pinterest account set to notify me via email anytime something I pin gets Liked or Re-pinned. Sometimes it gets annoying to get 150 emails a day when something is really popular, but for the most part I find it really fascinating to see which Pins find a quiet home on one of my pin boards and which garner a lot of interest.

If you have an inquiring mind like me, here are my top 5 most re-pinned outfits lately, including some that I've already attempted to re-create in real life.


1. I featured this look by XO Christine Marie back in February and the pinning has never stopped. Unfortunately her exact dress (by Express, of course!) sold out very fast, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll re-stock for summer, when most people actually have the weather for a strapless tube dress.

Christine's Outfit Details: Here


2. I first pinned this look back in the fall when Mary of The Classy Cubicle originally posted it on her blog. Plaid was all the rage in fall so I wasn't surprised that it was re-pinned a lot. But I still get re-pin notices fairly often for this look even though we're well into spring. I suspect it's because it's such a classy-cool interpretation of office wear. Just a touch of trendy without compromising professionalism.

Mary's Outfit Details: Here


3.  This look by Monica of Monica's Notebook is a fairly recent pin that has been blowing up my email box with notifications. She posted it in March of this year and it's perfect for spring: great colors and light layers to stay comfortable throughout the day.

Monica's Outfit Details: Here


4. This outfit set has been around probably since the dawn of Polyvore, and it never seems to go out of style. This is one of the first pins I ever tried to re-create, although I never wore it with the scarf...until this year. Thanks to the purchase of my Express Leopard scarf  (even though the color is named Red it's more of a coral-pink) I was finally able to add the finishing touch to this look.


My version:
Cardigan: Loft (Old) Similar, Similar  / Scarf: Express / Tank: Target / Jeans: Express / Sandals: Target (Current Option)


5. I  pinned this set less than a week ago knowing I had very similar pieces (and a cooperative weather forecast) to make it happen. I wore it on Sunday and the best thing happened: I got an email saying that ten people had re-pinned that look that day. For me, it was the virtual equivalent of ten strangers patting me on the back for my outfit choice. Not a bad feeling at all!

My Version:
Tee: Old Navy / Necklace: Express / Jeans: Express (Current version) / Belt: Express (Similar) / Sandals: Target / Watch: Macy's (Similar)

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed a little behind-the-scenes look at my Pinterest board!

Linking up on Wednesday:
Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / What I Wore Wednesday  / Whatcha Wearin' Wednesday /
Color Brigade / Beautiful You

Linking up on Thursday:

CONVERSATION

47 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do a pinterest post like this too to share my popular pins! It's definitely fascinating! Lots of outfit inspiration in this for me! Can't wait to wear my striped dress and I'm totally stealing your looks! Sorry I'm not sorry! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turnabout is fair play, right? Considering how many looks of yours I borrow. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm going to steal both of your outfits, all the time, every time. Too good to pass up bc me likey!! Great job on this Pinterest post.

      Delete
    3. Thanks friend! Looking forward to your return to blogging.

      Delete
  2. Love this post! I'm always curious to see which of my pins are being repinned as well. Love how you recreated that last one - Madewell has a similar necklace I've been eyeballing. I'll have to check out the one at Express :)
    ~Ellen
    www.everydayfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the madewell version but I do love that necklace- I don't think you'd regret it!

      Delete
  3. Mary's outfit is so pretty, I love her style. I do have one of those tube striped dress but I'm starting to feel too old to wear it :/ maybe I'll take it for a spin this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl. No. You are not too old!!! It would look amazing on you.

      Delete
  4. Love seeing what people are interested in on Pinterest! Maybe it's kind of a checks and balances thing for me...let's me know if I'm aligned with others, haha!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's also amusing when you LOVE something and then no one else seems to love it. You're like...am I wrong or are they wrong? LOL.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow this is such a cool idea! I turned off those notifications because like you said, they can get kind of annoying. But it would be cool to look back and see what was popular! That way you would have an idea of what kind of outfits to feature more often!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's a great way to see what connects with people and what doesn't. It very surprising at times.

      Delete
  6. Great post! I always wonder why some pins get re-pinned more than others but there really is no rhyme or reason to it- or is there? haha now you have me thinking!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's super fascinating. I hope more people share their top pins! :

      Delete
  7. I know...I need to turn off my Pinterest notification....drives me nuts but kind of fun to see what people are pinning. I love all your pins, but the 2nd one is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your version for number 5! That necklace makes the outfit! :)

    -karen
    Fearlessly Authentic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! (Just in case you come back to check this, I went to comment on your blog but do not have GFC so I couldn't- sorry!)

      Delete
  9. Isn't Pinterest the best? I love that outfit with the plaid top. Super chic!
    If you have a second, I'd love for you to stop by and check out my latest post.
    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous looks! No wonder people pin them! Speaking of which, I need to start following you! I actually don't follow anyone on Pinterest and I have no clue why! I'm still figuring it out lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, just be warned that if you follow me you're likely to guess what I'm going to be posting about the next day since suddenly there will be 52 pins of "WHITE JEANS" or something like that!

      Delete
  12. I tend to pin outfits that have something that is unique or an unexpected color combination. I don't know why I'm always surprised that the most popular pins are usually the most relatable outfits. Duh! It makes sense since a lot of people pin to get inspiration for themselves. I sound really dumb right now. Ha ha. I LOVE that mint green jeans outfit on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are markets for both aspirational blogs/pins and real-life outfits. It just seems to come down to personal preference. :)

      Delete
  13. I really like how you re-created the pins in your last 2 looks - they look amazing on you! Am going to try pairing a soft grey t-shirt with my mint jeans - it's such a classic combo - thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always done mint with black or white so this was a fun experiment.

      Delete
  14. Pinterest is so much fun and I never know which pins, outfits will be popular ( and sometimes it is not what I would initially think either) I adore both your recreations of pinterest inspired outfits. Both the striped cardigan outfit and the mint pants stand out to me as two looks I could definitely wear over the weekends, leisurely spending the day out with family and being effortlessly chic. <3<3 The Pinterest e-mails are sometimes too many but that's a great thing like you said right? A big pat on the back so I welcome them with open arms haha. Great post Gina! XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing your most popular pins with us. That was interesting. I love the first outfit especially. My most pinned one so far is actually a quote, not even an outfit.

    Anyway, I love both of your outfit re-creations, especially the Mint+Gray. Gotta try that with my own Mint Jeans & a Gray Tee.

    And, I thought of you when I posted the current OOTD because I am wearing a Casual Dress from Express. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Ada. Just checked out your striped dress- very cute!

      Delete
  16. all great outfits, and I didn't know you could get pinterest to email you. interesting! consider this a virtual pat on the back for all of your outfits ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks - your virtual pat on the back is much appreciated!

      Delete
  17. These are all really great outfits!

    Thanks for linking up this week!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  18. I love all of these outfits- I'd be pinnin' and wearin' them too! They're classic and feminine, but still totally accessible and comfy. :) Love!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! Yeah, comfort is pretty important to me. :)

      Delete
  19. I love your versions of the style boards. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love everything that you pinned and your version, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! It's always interesting to see what the majority of people are interested in! Love all you re-creations!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! I have a similar mint jeans, gray shirt look that I love too. All the looks are great and I love seeing how you re-style them each week.

    Thanks for linking up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday too!
    L,
    Vicky
    themummychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is interesting to see what people are pinning. They all are great outfits and I love the mint jeans!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for featuring me again, Gina! You're too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on all your re-pins, I like all of the outfits. Thanks for sharing and linking up again with us at the #WWDParty.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love those looks, and I have mint colored jeans so I am hoping to recreate that last look too! SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!