4/4/14

Features & Favorites 4/4/14

|
Fact: I follow exactly one men's fashion blog. And it's this one:

Adam's Outfit Details: One / Two / Three 

I stumble on men's style blogs now and then but none really clicked with me until I found Adam of I am Galla. First of all, we both shop at Express. (Most of his outfit pieces above are from Express Men).  I mean...it's destiny. But it also doesn't hurt that he has amazing photography and healthy dose of classic men's outfits mixed with some trendier looks for full a visual banquet. I'm a fan, and if you ever need outfit inspiration for a man in your life he gets my vote. (What? Did you think I would say I liked him for his looks? As if I would publicly admit that...)

On the subject of menswear, Express has a men's and women's version of one of my current favorite shirts, the Linen Cotton Shirt:
Linen Cotton Shirt in Bahama Coral shown with Ankle Zip Jeans & Leopard Belt. Shoes: Aldo

I love this shirt on both genders, and I originally thought the women's version came in four colors. Well, there are four colors, but two different versions of a Cotton Linen shirt. If you look at the pink version I'm wearing (above) and the women's blue version below, they are v-neck button downs.

Express linen cotton shirts
Top: Linen Cotton Shirt (Men) / Linen Cotton Relaxed Shirt - Light blue
Bottom: Linen Cotton Shirt (Men) / Linen Cotton Two Pocket Fitted Shirt  (True White & Nile)

Notice how the White and Mint version on the bottom row button all the way up like the men's version of the shirt. I prefer the v-neck, so ultimately that kept me from adding more colors to my closet. I'll just look at it as money saved since I'm sure I really don't need another button down shirt considering the dozen Portofinos sitting in my closet.

And no, I'll never get sick of featuring Portofino outfits, either. I was happy to find another Express fan in  Marianne of Good Girl Gone Glam, and I loved her pairing of the Neon Berry Portofino with a striped skirt:
Portofino Shirt in Neon Berry: Here
Marianne's outfit details: Here

I don't wear skirts very often, but the striped shorts from Express immediately popped into mind as a good alternative for for me to create a similar look. In fact, Skye of The Shopaholic SAHM put together a similar look with her shorts.
Striped Shorts: Here
Skye's outfit details: Here

These have a 2 1/2 inch inseam and I'm usually particular about having a 3 inch inseam, so I'll be trying these on in store before making any final decisions.

And one final segue from stripes (on the bottom) to stripes (on top). Last week I went through some of my favorite items that are on major clearance right now (post here), and this week Carylee of More Pieces of Me wore the striped version of one of my favorite t-shirts. This version is also on mega-clearance and comes in three color variations.
Striped Tee: Here
Carylee's Outfit Details: Here

Thanks for reading today and have a great weekend!

Linking Up With:
Friday's Fab Favorites / Casual Friday /Favorite Fashion Friday / The Lauren Elizabeth / Fashion Item Friday / Passion for Fashion  / Fashion Friday /  The Totally Awesome Blog Hop
Stylish Saturday / Be.YOU.tiful / The Fashion Informant
Natalia & Ashlyn

CONVERSATION

28 comments:

  1. I cannot take my eyes off the stripped shorts look! So chic!!

    www.willfullyelegant.com
    Enter to win 1 of 2 $25 Amazon.com gift certificates in the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thank you so much for featuring my look!!!! You are the best! I love Skye's look too! I am going to check out those shorts stat!
    xoxox
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by to check it out. :)

      Delete
  3. I love that hot pink top, it would be perfect with white boyfriend jeans!!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohooo for having eye candy in your post!

    I mean.

    Men's inspiration of course! :)

    I need another button up shirt like I need a hole in my head but I will keep this cotton linen one in mind! It looks easy breezy on you!
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God I'm not the only one that freaks over the 2 1/2 inseam, I definitely don't want my butt-cheeks sticking out :)

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Skye says they don't seem that short on, so I'm hoping she's right.

      Delete
  6. I am in love with the pink of your shirt! It is the perfect pink color that I have been in search of. I really want to not shop for a month, but I may need to get this shirt. Ahhhhh! I wish I could get my husband to wear Express or something similar. He's so boring (I didn't say that - but he knows I think this). And the shorts look like they are a bit flared so I bet you could pull this off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great shirt! You should at least try it on. :)

      Delete
  7. Great ideas and fashion examples. Thanks a bunch. I always appreciate inspiration. Great to have you with all of us at Fashion item Friday, again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this striped short outfit, you look amazing I have to try this one. And yup that's the only male blogger I follow, he's such a great dresser and it doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad to have another Adam fan! He was very nice via email, too. :)

      Delete
  9. Helloooooo. thanks for the mention. Maybe because I'm 5'1 the shorts I'm wearing are NOT short at all. In fact, they are too long so I pull them up higher than the high waist they are. I hope you like them. They are versatile. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looks! I need to give Express another look. I forget to check there, and they have some great styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you definitely need to stop in again! They have so much great stuff.

      Delete
  11. Love it! Would love if you'd check out my blog at www.loveolia.com & follow along! I think you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strips are such a fab pattern! I love the things you showed in this post!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic looks. Love the stripes with the bright top! Such a great look for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. After having to wear shirts for work, I started to really hate them (so much ironing required!) but I'm loving soft pastel shirts! Just sad that the one I was given for Christmas no longer fits because of the bump, haha!

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, ironing is a pain- I forgot how much until I got the pink shirt! I don't really have to iron my Portofinos- I just go over them quickly with a steamer so it's pretty fast.

      Delete
    2. I so need to get a steamer. I want one, think it would be much easier than the seemingly endless hours I spend ironing haha!

      Delete
  15. Haha...good for you for posting a guy's blog! When I first saw it I thought you had put hot guy pics up just to grab our attention! Now I find out that he has great taste too! :) I hope you buy those striped shorts...they are so cute....SAHM looks so good in them! Where did you get the mint strap sandals that you have in your first pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mint strap sandals are from Aldo Shoes, last year. (Style name: Grumney.) I couldn't find anything similar to link but I've updated with the brand name so if someone wants to hunt eBay or something they can. :)

      Delete
  16. I really love Nicole's polished style. I use her as a reference more than I would like to admit. It's basic and classic and always fresh.

    L,
    Vicky
    Come link up with me at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday! themummychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you shared a mens blog!! I have never thought to look for mens blogs. Great share. ~ The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome blog over here! Thanks for sharing this very useful information about the mens linen shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!