4/25/14

Features & Favorites 4/25/14

|
I love being right. It doesn't happen often enough for my liking, but when it comes to this midi skirt, I was right. I first posted about it here in January, saying I thought it might become a pretty popular item, and well...see below. I've now seen this exact Express skirt styled on BeautyGirl 24Because Shanna Said SoPenny Pincher Fashion, and Chic Street Style (not pictured). I can't say I'm much of a skirt person but I really am impressed with the versatility of this piece.


I feel a little bad showing you this next Express skirt because it's currently low stock, and unfortunately I have no inside scoop (on anything...ever, let's be honest) as to whether they'll make more . But it's gorgeous and has been a hot item on blogs lately. I spotted it on Leopard Martini, Because Shanna said So, and Kelly's Closet.


(Shanna, Shanna...two times, one post. Let me officially welcome you to the Hotel California-Express. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!)

Even though the skirt's likely to be out of stock soon, they made a few other pieces in the same print. So if you're crafty you could DIY and somehow sew two shirts into a midi skirt, or layer something over the dress to make it look like a skirt...or just be content to have a different piece in the same print.
Black floral via Express
So let's go from the bad news (out of stock!), to the good news...back in stock! This Striped Portofino was out of stock for several months, but now it's back and Amy Ann of The Real Arnolds let me know that she picked it up at the recent sale.  I love how she styled hers, but since it's inadvertently "Three Ways to Wear" day, I'm throwing in a couple of other styling options I've featured previously from More Pieces of Me and Haute Pink Pretty.

From now through Tuesday, April 29 it's free shipping on orders of $50 or more, which is always good news! And it's interesting to me because Natalia recently commented here that she wished they would reduce their free shipping minimum (and of course, I agree!). I also noticed that they started photographing their models against a more white background, which makes it easier for bloggers to work with their pieces in Polyvore. This was something I mentioned as a New Year's Resolution for them in this post, so maybe they are reading and taking notes. So feel free to leave your Express wishes in the comments below and who knows, they might come true!

Linking Up With:
Friday's Fab Favorites / Casual Friday /Favorite Fashion Friday / The Lauren Elizabeth / Fashion Item Friday / Passion for Fashion  / Fashion Friday /  Stylish Saturday / Be.YOU.tiful / Anything Goes / Weekend Wind Down  / Natalia & Ashlyn


CONVERSATION

45 comments:

  1. Every one of these pieces is on my wish list! I guess I am going to have to wait for that skirt to be back in stock! All of these ladies look beautiful! Great pieces! So sad the sale is over but I do have fast cash! Whoop Whoop! Going to the mall this weekend!

    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you get this weekend! They sucked me in again with the mystery deals and reduced shipping.....

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring me, Gina! You have made my week! I just love your blog. :)

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! Loved your outfit and glad to have a new Express shopping friend. :)

      Delete
  3. oh, I really LOVE the floral skirt!!!! Too bad it's out of stock! Funny enough though - I did get the embellished floral tank you show here, so I'm pretty content! As always, thanks for the great info...you've definitely made an Express shopper out of me!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved seeing your Express haul in your post this week and can't wait to see you wear the floral tank!

      Delete
  4. Oo Express should just hire you already! haha were you a big fan of the bachelor?? I can't remember but Nikki Ferrel (the winner this season) is ALWAYS wearing Express items!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not watch the Bachelor but thanks for the tip Darcy! I might have to see if I can find some old screencaps to identify some of her pieces!

      Delete
  5. I need that stripped portofino, it looks amazing no matter how you style it, and with free shipping at $50, you know is time to get it :)

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- I thought it looked great on all three ladies!

      Delete
  6. I love the floral skirt as well! Fingers crossed it comes back in stock! I just got some Express coupons in the mall.. excited to put them to good use!!

    Have a great weekend Gina!!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you get Erica. You know I'll be watching your blog!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness...I didn't even know midi pencil skirts existed LOL...I thought all midi skirts were flared...which looks pretty on others but wouldn't work on me. Thanks for adding something new to my wishlist...of to search for a midi pencil skirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no problem. Can't wait to see what you get!

      Delete
  8. Great pieces - especially the floral skirt and midi skirt!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. so much inspiration here!! love all the florals and stripes! even better when put together, a superb double whammy! lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you know, I am actually rethinking the midi skirt after this post! that is rather cute, isn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the midi skirts. I don't have one yet though. I'm not sure they would look that great on me but love them on other people. YES, that floral skirt is so cute...when you get the inside scoop let me know ;) Have a great weekend! xo~Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you will be the first to know when I get the inside scoop on anything. :)

      Delete
  12. This is great, and I used to follow Shana because she is such a nice fashionista. Florals and strips is a perfect spring time wardrobe combination - great share as always! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanna is super sweet. :) Glad you liked her looks!

      Delete
  13. Oh that midi skirt is a classic! It looks lovely on all 3 ladies :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- loved seeing how they each styled it.

      Delete
  14. All fantastic pieces!! I've been looking for a similar skirt! Thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome- thanks for stopping by Lena!

      Delete
  15. Gina, this post was awesome as your similar posts to this always are. I love Amy Ann's & Shanna's blogs & styles. I super love the Black Full Midi Skirt & the Floral Pencil Skirt. I cannot wait to wear some older Midi Full Skirts from Express once I am done with my challenge. They are classics. Plus it goes to show you that trends and styles come and go every 5 years or so. =)

    Have a wonderful weekend, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words Ada! You are too sweet.

      Delete
  16. I love the looks with the floral skirt! Thanks for linking up!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    SpaFinder Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gina I am always SUPER impressed with your talent of spotting any Express piece on all the blogs and your info on all the pieces they carry! Seriously wowww lovely lady! <3 This is one amazing post; I loved seeing how different bloggers styled their outfits (especially loved Shanna's since I first saw it over at her blog) and the really versatile and on trend pieces Express makes! A very fun and resourceful post! XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words, Elif! And yes, it's fun for me to see how different people style the same piece so it's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. :)

      Delete
  18. I love the floral midi!!! Why you torture me??!\
    And yay for the striped portofino making a comeback!\
    Miss you! Happy to get my fix via wifi
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will make a comeback - fingers crossed. If I see it, you'll be the first to know!

      Delete
  19. this is awesome....I love them all ! I had the floral pencil midi skirt but It's way too long on me ,even if its supposed to be below the knee, it almost reach my ankle lol. So I just returned it and I only bought the top instead but I love the skirt I just wish it fits me better. This is a great compilation of Express looks

    http://fashionrealm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, April! That's good info- I believe Shanna has posted that she is 5'7", so that will definitely affect fit and how long it is on others!

      Delete
  20. Love this post! I really like seeing the different ways the bloggers wore the skirts and top. Express definitely has some great pieces!

    Katie - <a herf="http://www.seewhatkatiewears.com>See What Katie Wears</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I always hope it helps to give other people styling options if they own or are considering the same pieces!

      Delete
  21. Love the midi skirt!! Good call on it's popularity. Thank you for linking up this week. xo ~ The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh that floral skirt. Man it's cooling down on my side of the world but that print is making me kinda itch for some warmth!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. All these ladies have a great style!
    Great blog btw
    Jersey Chase

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love midi skirts but I yet to buy one. I love the floral print maxi. If they bring it back, or even something similar, I may have to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for featuring me Gina! It always makes my day and puts a huge smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!