4/14/14

Common Ground

|
When I find out that someone likes to shop at my favorite store, I immediately feel a connection with them. And then it makes me wonder what else we might have in common. Do we buy the same pieces at Express? Do we like the same music? Watch the same TV shows?

Well, if blog-stalking doesn't help me find the answers to these questions, the only possible solution is to ask. And so I did. Tori (Fashion, Bling, and other Girly Things), Rachelle (PinkSole), and Marianne (Good Girl Gone Glam) are all regular Express shoppers, and I gave them a little Q&A homework assignment over the weekend to see what other things Express shoppers might have in common.

Outfit details L-R: Tori  / Rachelle/  Marianne

Thankfully they all turned in their homework on time, so read on to get to find out a little more about each of these ladies:

Name a current favorite item in your wardrobe from Express:
Three Favorites
TORI:  It for sure has to be my Quilted Minus the Leather Vest! I got it at their semi-annual event for a steal and I can't stop wearing it. I love pairing the edgy vest with a feminine dress for a very trendy look or styling it with a chambray shirt and jeans for a new take on the denim trend. 

MARIANNEI just purchased the Batik Print Trapeze Dress and I cannot wait to wear it! It's fun, feminine, and flirty!   


RACHELLE:  The Portofino Shirt shirt for sure, I have the long sleeves in 8 solid colors and 2 printed. In the sleeveless I have 3. (Ok maybe I went a little crazy.)


Besides Express, name another place you like to shop.

Brand logos


TORI: We are a little limited in our shopping where I live so I tend to shop at the more well known stores: The Limited, Gap, Old Navy, NY&Co, and F21 are by far my favorites. But I also love traveling outside of town and finding little boutiques with unique pieces! And online boutiques have become a new obsession of mine.

MARIANNE: I love Zara. I love the store layout, the price points, and they have fantastic sales.  I also love Forever 21 because they always have trendy pieces for the right price.

RACHELLE: J.Crew, GAP, Asos, Nordstrom, Loft and many more but I'm a regular at these 5 stores.


Name a current favorite product from one of the "Other Stores."

Gap & F21


TORI: I love the Mirrored Sunnies from F21. They seriously look so similar to Ray-Bans, but at a fraction of the cost! 

MARIANNE: I just purchased an Aztec scarf from Forever 21 for $8. It's going to be showing up in many blog posts to come, I can feel it!

RACHELLE: Gap is killing with the jeans. Last year I was all about Express jeans but so far this year I've accumulated 4 jeans from GAP.


What song are you loving on the radio right now?

Music


TORI: I am totally a country girl at heart (I feel like I was meant to live in the South...maybe one day!) and my favorite song is "Bottoms Up" by Brantley Gilbert. I think it's a song country and pop fans can both enjoy and its fun to dance to!

MARIANNE: "Not a Bad Thing" By Justin Timberlake. He's my man always and forever. (My husband loves when I say that.)

RACHELLE: The last song I downloaded just from hearing it on the radio was Neon Trees "Sleeping with a friend"

Name a current and/or all time favorite TV Show.

Popular TV shows

TORI: All time favorite is Sex and the City. It's the only show I can watch over and over and never get sick of it! My current favorite is The Mindy Project. Mindy Kaling is so endearing, lovable, and down to earth. Not to mention hilarious!

MARIANNE: Scandal is the only thing on my brain right now.  It's the best show on network TV, hands down.  If you aren't watching take some time out and do yourself a favor and become a gladiator!

RACHELLE:  All time "Sex and the City" and "Seinfeld". Current, I would say Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and House of Cards. Sorry but I really can't just pick one!


What's your go-to order at Starbucks?

Image Source: Business Insider 

TORI: I am so boring when it comes to coffee. I like it straight up, no cream or sugar for this girl. I do LOVE Starbucks coffee though because of the very strong taste. Pike's is my favorite blend.

MARIANNE: Grande Pike Place in a Venti cup with extra room for cold soy.

RACHELLE: Lately It's been the Cinnamon Dolce latte, it is so yummy I don't even want to know how many calories are in this drink.


It's Friday night: what drink are you ordering at the bar?

Popular beverages

TORI: Margarita all day everyday. It is always my drink of choice if it is available.  Frozen, lime, and with salt!

MARIANNE: Dirty Martini and I love it when the olives are stuffed with blue cheese! Yum!

RACHELLE: A mojito, it's fresh and minty.


What nail polish color are you loving right now?

Essie options

Essie A-List / Jazzy Jubilant / In the Cabana 

TORI: Jazzy Jubilant by Essie. It is super colorful and glittery. I have an obsession with anything that sparkles!

MARIANNE: I am a color gel girl and I love Essie's color gel.  My favorite color of the moment is "Private Lessons" and the nail polish equivalent is "A List."

RACHELLE: Essie In the Cabana is the perfect shade of blue/turquoise. I've had it on my toes for the past 4 weeks.


Favorite lip color of the moment? 
Lipstick choices
Milani Sangria / YSL Rouge Volupté Shine #13 / MAC Plumful / Revlon Cherries in the Snow


TORI: Sangria by Milani. It is such a fun rich color--I like to wear it with a very neutral eye. 

MARIANNE: I am currently loving Plumful from MAC for daytime and Cherries in the Snow by Revlon for night!

RACHELLE: Currently I seem to always be reaching for my YSL Rouge Volupté Shine #13.


In high school, what sports or activities did you do?



Hobbies


TORI: I cheered and I played volleyball, but I am not super athletic (that is an understatement). I also took part in our Broadcast Journalism program and got to deliver the news on TV everyday. I actually wish I would have pursued that after high school!

MARIANNE: I was in the band and I played the flute. I was not much into sports, I run too much like a girl. 

RACHELLE:  In high school I played tennis and was in what would called here "the drama club." I didn't go to school in the US. I even landed the first role in one of our plays.




I loved reading each of their responses and seeing a little bit of overlap here and there. But they are each definitely unique in their personal style and taste, despite sharing some shopping preferences! Thanks for reading along!


Linking up:

Linkup Button




We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        

CONVERSATION

49 comments:

  1. This was such a fun read, thanks again for the feature. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for getting your homework in on time so I could do this. :)

      Delete
  2. How fun to compare and contrast!! Did you find that any of the aligned with you in any of those categories?
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally yes, although there wasn't one specific person where we liked or did all of the same things. Rachelle and I have the same favorite shirt and similar taste in TV. I like Justin Timberlake & Neon Trees, I love coffee and drinks with girlfriends and nail polish and lipstick but I didn't have any exact matches with any of the girls on those categories. :)

      Delete
  3. I definitely am in love with Rachelle's look....she is so cute & that skirt definitely is so her! I will let you know once I go shopping again at Express which hopefully is soon!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an Express skirt she's wearing! Yet another reason for you to check it out! Can't wait to see what you get. :)

      Delete
  4. Such an interesting read! Your posts are so creative!! I look forward to them every week!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, I already have Rachelle and Marianne in my daily reads, now I have to check Tori out, I love the outfits you picked from their blog :)

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia! Hope you enjoy getting to know Tori. She's so much fun!

      Delete
  6. As always, such a fun post to read. That trapeze dress is really cute! Although I would probably wear it with leggings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cynthia! Glad you enjoyed! And yes, the trapeze dress looks so fun and breezy for summer.

      Delete
  7. This was fun to read! We did have a lot in common! Gina comes up with the most creative blog posts! This one was fab (and not just because I was apart of it). Thanks again and It was fun reading what the other ladies had to say as well!

    xo
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for participating Marianne, and thanks for the nice comments. It means a lot! :)

      Delete
  8. Well this was so nice of you to do! Although I may need to box people over JT. Haha! :)
    And I didn't know that vest existed. I kind of love it!! It really needs to warm up for good so I stop thinking about all things minus the leather! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee...I thought you might have something to say about the JT comment! LOL. :)

      Delete
    2. Aww, back when Rachelle only had 10 long sleeved portofinos! :)

      Delete
  9. What a fun update! You know how to keep things vibrant around here. Loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best!! And be thinking about your answers for the next time i do this...just sayin'....

      Delete
  10. This was a fun blogpost! Loved learning about the blogger faves. Nordstrom is also a favorite store of mine ;).

    Would love if you stopped by my blog to check out my latest post.

    www.dressedby-jess.blogspot.com

    XO,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading Jess! I enjoyed your Coachella-inspired outfit today.

      Delete
  11. This was such a fun post - I love reading about other bloggers! Thanks so much for hosting:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for including me in this fun collab!! I loved hearing everyone's answers and I was in the company of some ah-mazing bloggers :) Your the best Gina!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Tori, and thanks so much for helping me out with this piece!
      Gina
      On the Daily Express

      Delete
  13. this is such a fun post -- great to see common likes with fellow bloggers!

    happy monday!

    Rhea, Et Cetera - tee over dress

    ReplyDelete
  14. Us Express gals think alike. Good taste all around! :)

    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun blogger collab post! I like Express, but sometimes I have no luck there :/... all these pieces are super cute! www.fashionablymelissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selection varies so much by location! But online is the best. :)

      Delete
  16. I loved this - so fun. I would love to participate in future posts though I am not currently in the states and don't have current items from Express. I can always create Polyvore sets though.

    My pleasure linking up, Gina. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ada! I will keep you in mind. :)

      Delete
  17. This was a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers! :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  18. These girls are all fun! I'll have to check out their blogs :) Thanks for letting us know about them Gina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ARE fun. :) Thanks for reading Noelle!

      Delete
  19. I can't wait to go to America to visit some of these places!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you definitely need to visit the U.S.!

      Delete
  20. Such a fun feature! I love reading little likes/dislikes from other bloggers -- must be my nosy nature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both. :) I just try to disguise it as a blogging topic now and then!

      Delete
  21. What a great post! Plus, that Essie In the Cabana color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always look forward to your posts. They are so much fun to read. I don't know why, but I love reading about other bloggers and their interests. I think Express appeals to so many types of people that you'll get such different answers from each person.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cool interview, Gina! It's always good to know more about the ladies behind their blogs. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these girls! And love getting to know more about them + their style. :) Great post, babe!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your blog and this link up, just wanted to thank you for linking up with Stylish Tuesday!

    xoxo
    Jasmin
    www.jasmindaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a neat post idea! I am always so impressed by your ability to find other Express shoppers and identify the pieces they get from your favorite store! :) Loved reading about these lovely ladies, and seeing, though they have a common place they shop at, they are all so unique and different. Love the variety in our blogging community. XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a great post. I loved getting to know these bloggers a little better.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for linking up! I loved this post. Great questions & great interviewees! ;-)

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!