3/19/14

Monthly Fashion Horoscope: Aries

|
I had a lot of fun putting together the Astrology Style Series last month (see posts here and here), so I decided to make it a monthly series with a detailed horoscope for the sign of the month.  Aries is considered the first sign of the Zodiac, and anyone with a birthday from March 21 - April 19 falls under this sign. Since March 21 is just around the corner, we're at a great point on the Astrological calendar to kick off this series.

Frankly, I really don't know the first thing about Astrology and am doing this strictly for entertainment purposes, so I went to this article on Astrology.com to learn a little more, and here's the scoop on Aries:

About Aries: 
  • Leaders of the pack with energy, dynamism and charisma
  • Bold, aggressive, courageous
  • They are great at getting projects started but not always the best at finishing them
  • They are typically blunt and to the point
  • Symbol: The Ram (consistent with their tendency to ram their ways down other people's throats)
  • Element: Fire
  • Flower: Honeysuckle (more info here)

Famous Aries:
  • Sarah Jessica Parker, Lady Gaga, Reese Witherspoon, Kourtney Kardashian, Keri Russell, Mariah Carey,  Kristen Stewart, Jamie Chung, Keira Knightley, Victoria Beckham, Emma Watson

Given the Aries traits, it's not surprising to find so many Aries women with a bold sense of fashion like Lady Gaga, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Victoria Beckham:

And then there are other examples of fashionable Aries women with more conservative tendencies, like Keri Russell, Jamie Chung, and Reese Witherspoon:
Center Image: Source

As an Aquarian myself,  it's not surprising that I couldn't create a look out of my own closet from the bold Aries category, but with some virtual shopping at Express I re-created this look from Kourtney Kardashian, another stylish Aries:

Kourtney Kardashian-inspired Express outfit

White Tuxedo Jacket /Scuba Leggings / Reversible V Neck Racerback Cami  / Leather High Heeled Pump

From the more conservative camp, I had similar items to the ones Reese wore in this look and since I had been meaning to find a new way to wear this blue scarf anyway, I decided to try this. Honestly, I liked the look on her but I just wasn't feeling it for myself, so I wouldn't actually wear this look outside of the try-on.
 My outfit: Express (Minus the) Leather Jacket / Leopard Scarf / Stella Jean Legging / Target Booties

If you don't have an Aries birthday, your Fashion Horoscope this month is coming to you by way of this Astrological Color Chart (Source.) Each sign is represented by a color, and I shopped around at Express to find you a fashion item in in your sign's color:

Fashion Horoscopes

Sagittarius: Exp Core Back Cut out Tank
Scorpio: Bikini
Libra : Portofino Shirt
Virgo: Sweatpant
Leo: Reversible Cami
Cancer: Oblong Scarf
Gemini: Zip Front Dress
Taurus: Pleated Neck Blouson Cami
Aries: Three Quarter Sleeve Placket Tee
Pisces: Twist Back Top
Aquarius: EXP Core Half Zip Jacket
Capricorn: Corset Seamed Skater Dress

I think at this point I'm pretty much the (self-proclaimed) foremost Fashion Astrologer on the internet. It's not really what I set out to accomplish as a blogger but I'm getting comfortable with my role here.  I looked into getting some credentials for it, and it turns out there aren't really any required! Imagine that! So it's official! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed your Fashion Horoscope!

Linking up on Wednesday:
Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / What I Wore Wednesday  / Whatcha Wearin' Wednesday 
Personal Style Linkup

Linking up on Thursday:

CONVERSATION

27 comments:

  1. Love the color for Virgo but I really dislike sweatpants lol, I love these posts they are so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, duly noted! I will refine my astrological skills to make sure next month's Virgo item is a little more glam! :)

      Delete
  2. Well I'm an Aries myself, so this is intriguing to me! Although I've always felt the typical personality traits listed for Aries don't really fit me - well except the one about great at starting a project, but not so great at finishing...that's me! I feel like I relate to the conservative group you listed here...really digging their styles!
    Fun info!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are so Reese/Keri! I can see you wearing pretty much everything Reese wears.

      Delete
  3. Coolest post ever, loved this! I'm a Virgo and love that color of green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virgos are representing today! Glad you could identify with the color.

      Delete
  4. I loved your horoscope posts and I'm glad you're bringing them back! Now for the Scorpio clothing item, I love, love the color but can't rock a bikini at the moment (never say never) :-). By the way, I like your outfit recreation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the outfit, just not on ME. Weird, huh? Glad you could at least relate to the color, but it looks like my horoscopes are not too accurate on the item selection! I must have gone to a terrible astrology school. Oh wait...I didn't go to one...

      Delete
  5. This is so fun! I'm an Aries, so it's fun to see which characteristics fit and which don't. I definitely fall more in the Keri/Reese camp;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Ginnie! I'm glad my astrologer skills are not too far off. ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry for the delay....I'm just getting back to my home. Long day...and for the rest of the week too. Guhhhh! Anywhooooo, I love the monthly fashion horoscope posts. It's my favorite. I can't wait to see what you do for August! That yellow reversible cami is not at my store, so guess what, I'm buying it now!

    Hugs
    Skye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! I'm a Scorpio and I love the color mint so it seems to work out perfectly. By the way, I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Find out about it here: http://lavieenmay.blogspot.com/2014/03/very-inspiring-blogger-award-lavieenmay.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! I will stop by to check it out. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad you decided to make this a monthly series! I really enjoy reading these posts! I'm a scorpio and I am loving the color mint! Most of my spring wardrobe will be made up of that color!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  9. So apparently I only "mentally" commented on this post yesterday and didn't actually do it. I swear I'm getting crazy. Tuesday I apparently didn't rent a car for myself either... But anyhoo!
    I am digging this theme and so glad you are making it a thing! Tho I'm a bit disappointed my color is yellow. I need more yellow in my wardrobe apparently. AND look at you and your blue infinity scarf! I hope you love it! It's perfect with cognac!
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a fun post! I love the color and top for Leo's - very me! ;-) Thanks for linking up...XO!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was fun! You might have found an unexplored niche here! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, that is my hope! And I also hope in time I can refine my astrological skills and item selections!

      Delete
  12. As a Cap, I could totally get down with the Skater Dress. :)

    Happy Thursday, babe!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a fun post and series! Love the mint color bikini...and i'm a scorpio too!!
    ~Ellen
    www.everydayfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen! Glad to hear my astrological skills are not too far off.

      Delete
  14. I trust your credentials, oh fashion astrologer. I am a Taurus myself, but that Gemini dress is just beautiful. And your writing is just pure hilarity.

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Brittney! Feel free to dress outside your astrological color as the mood strikes you.

      Delete
  15. I totally adore my Gemini status and the dress featured is me to a T. Most days when I'm not hanging with my other Gemini pal, Angelina Jolie and wearing lots o black!

    Thanks for linking up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!
    L,
    Vicky
    themummychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a Virgo and love greens, but more so the orange family. Thanks for sharing and linking up with us at the #WWDParty. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!