3/12/14

Love Express Tanks

|
For quite awhile my go-to tank has been the Long & Lean Tank from Target (available here), but after seeing some looks like the ones below I decided it was time to hunt around for a looser fitting but still very basic and affordable option.


(Original image sources unable to be found...all roads lead to Pinterest or Tumblr.)

Originally when I stumbled onto the Love Express Tanks I was worried they would be too pajama-y or workout-y, but I decided to give them a shot since they had plenty of basic color options and were under $20 a piece:

Love Express Tanks
All color options available HERE.

Here's how the White and Gray version look in a size XS:
I was pretty satisfied with the fit and and the fabric. It's stretchy, lightweight and thin but not too thin. But Here's the catch: they have a racerback, and when I wear them with a standard racerback bra it looks like this from the back:

Needless to say, this is not the look I wanted from the back. Right now it's not an issue because I've been wearing the tanks with some kind of blazer or jacket (see first outfit here), but in the future I want the option of wearing it without a jacket and without Visible Bra Straps. (VBS? Hm...I'm pretty sure people will think I mean something else if I say VBS. I know VPL is a thing but is there a thing for bras?)

I noticed in the stock photos they paired the tanks with bralettes, and some of the looks up top used this option as well:

Love Express Bandeaus
Top:  One / Two / Three /
Bottom: One / Two / Three

While I think this option is cute and I like the idea of the color contrast styling, the bandeau tops don't look like they offer any support at all. So after browsing around again to solve this dilemma, I'm going with Option B, this type of bra, sometimes called a T-Back:


 Victoria's Secret Racerback Push up / Josie T back Bra  (also comes in blush and turquoise)

I ordered the option on the right and my fingers are crossed that it will work out. I'll try to post an update in the future, and in the mean time I'll just plan more outfits around this type of tank top, like this one by Audrina Patridge.

Audrina inspired slouchy tank look

Linking up on Wednesday:
Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / What I Wore Wednesday  / Whatcha Wearin' Wednesday

Linking up on Thursday:

CONVERSATION

27 comments:

  1. Love the way those tanks look on you! However, I hear you on the bra strap dilemma. I've been seeing the colorful/patterned bandeau bras lately too, but fear that i'm too old and too busty to wear those. I'll be curious to see what you think of the one you ordered...keep us updated! :-)
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you know I love loose tanks like this. I'm going to have to stock up for our summer vacay to Disney. You can't wear anything while walking out there...you sweat the minute you step out of your car. These will be perfect!

    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please keep us updated on what you find! These are great, but I agree on the back. Stopping by from the linkup.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tanks are a life saver during the summer, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go with racer back.. support is key ;) After reading your blog a while now, I have to say I am intrigued by Express. I bought some of the shoes before but haven't actually take a closer look at the clothing. Must make a point :)

    Mrs Jack Of All Trades
    www.mjoat.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love long tanks! So nice with leggings too! Not gonna lie- sometimes I take a paper clip to hold my bra straps together for a racer back bra. My little secret ;-)
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of wearing a longer tank with a pair of jeans! Casual and cool! I usually just wear a strapless bra with mine, although I really do love the vs bras you featured!

    xo, Erica
    www.casuallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Gina, you can definitely rock those tanks with those arms, they look amazing!!!

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a loose, longer tank, so I'll have to try these. I am getting to the age where I can't quite get away with the strapless or bandeau bra so I'll have to look into that VS bra. I love that pink color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I kept thinking oh I have that pin…oh I have that one too! Realizing I repined them from you. I have been loving Audrinas look and so glad to have an Express dupe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...it's getting hard for me to surprise people with my topics once they follow me on Pinterest!

      Delete
  11. Love the Express tanks...on a side note - you have an amazing figure! Feel free to share any workout/healthy eating tips - I need them ;-)

    Also - the pic of Audrina...I want everything - the hair, the jeans, the tank...ok...maybe not the bag - but everything else ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second this on your amazing bod and the workout tips!!!

      Delete
    2. You guys are very kind! :) I do work out a lot. I posted a little about it on my About page. I workout at home with advanced cardio and weights DVDs by Cathe Friedrich and Amy Bento. Feel free to email if you want more info. As for nutrition, that's hard to answer in a short space. I don't have a specific diet plan but I choose my calories carefully.

      Delete
  12. What a great roundup of tanks! Will definitely need to snag myself one of these!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a really amazing blog. Beautiful photos and good text. I see that you put in a lot of passion. I really like the look of your blog.
    Feel free to my blog :)
    http://maryannfashionn.blogspot.com/
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. See- again with how you remind me that I am missing basics in my life! I love the idea of these and they are now on my wish list! And I am intrigued about the bra so I third or fourth the notion of letting us know how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice tanks! They look extremely versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have yet to try these! In fact, I'm not sure I've even seen them at my store. I love flowy tanks to pair with jeans and shorts. Once obsessed with super tight tanks, my mid section isn't as toned as it should be for those ;) I really love the fit of these so ill be on the look out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These tanks are staples in my wardrobe- love 'em!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun inspo! Definitely need to try this look too!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. yeah, vbs is definitely a thing :) Great tanks though! You convinced me to try shopping at Express again and I feel like I hit the jackpot. I actually am wearing one of my new purchases on my post this week. Thanks for the inspiration :)
    ~Ellen
    www.everydayfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore the simple tank look and use it so much for everyday casual in summer. I love the options you've shown; especially your outfit with the white tank is so pretty! It's exactly what I would wear during the day and (even night with higher heels :) the necklace and gold sandals are such perfect additions. Btw I finally did go to Express and bought a couple of cute things. I have missed that store! Now only if I can create outfits and take some pics.. <3 XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh this is a real problem with tops I like that go criss cross - I hate strapless bras so it is so limiting! I love the casualness of these tops though. Really liking the ripped jeans, though that's not my normal style - suits the model though!


    Thrifty Firecracker x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those tanks look so cute and comfy! I need to snag some for the summer! With raceback tanks, I usually layer a regular tank underneath so you don't have to worry about bra straps showing.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    JCrew Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving all of these selections at Express!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!