3/7/14

Features & Favorite 3/7/14

|
Fascinating blogging statistic: Four people have Googled "jeans selfies" and landed here on my blog. I can't fathom how or why that's happening, but if you came here looking for jeans selfies in the past and maybe bookmarked me for some of my previous jean selfie work, I have some new material for you today. (I probably don't want to know what you do with that material...)

I'm sticking with the Five for Friday theme that's trendy around the web, because I like to adopt about 7.5 out of 10 trends (see here and here), and this is one that works for me. First up: EXPRESS JEANS. I was stupidly giddy when I saw that three super cool bloggers,  Cynthia, Kellie, Tracy, (L-R below) recently decided to give Express jeans a try. I might be biased, but I thought they all nailed their outfits. They each styled them in a way that was perfect for their climate and their body type.

Express jeans, boyfriend jeans, Stella destroyed jean legging

1. I feel really lucky to have found a lot of stylish and genuinely nice bloggers through the Manic Monday linkup I co-host with Carylee, and Cynthia of My Rose Colored Shades is one of those people. I have no doubt she's as sweet in real life as she is on her blog. Her outfit pretty much embodies her sweetness with the pretty pink sweater and these Express boyfriend jeans. Her full outfit details are here.

2. Kellie of ie-style wore the jeans I never shut up about, the Stella Destroyed Ankle Jean Legging. It's possible that I pushed her to get these back here, but judging by her words ("I'm in love with them! Seriously the most comfortable jeans I own"), I think it's safe to say she doesn't regret the purchase. Her full outfit details are available in her post here.

3. Once upon a time, Tracy of It's Mostly About Fashion wrote a comment on this blog saying that she was going to buy something from Express just to be featured here.  I dared her to go for it, and she rose to the challenge with these Ankle Rolled Boyfriend jeans. I have a feeling she and I would have a pretty epic round of Truth or Dare if we ever got the chance. You can view her full outfit details here, and I will continue to accept applications for features via my comments section.

4. Rachelle of PinkSole is another Manic Monday discovery for me, and while I was clicking through her outfits I started virtually serenading her with "Where Have You Been" by Rihanna (and it virtually sounded good). I cannot believe someone could own this many Express items without me knowing about it until now. She has great color choices and styling options for her Portofino Shirts, and  from the current color selection (see all colors here) Canary Yellow, True White, and Fluro Pink (L-R) could easily be used to create similar outfits.
Outfit Details: One / Two / Three

5. Remember the perfume Exclamation! from the 80s? Anytime I see a graphic tee like this Wild Angels tee from Express on Makeover McKi, I think of that perfume because their slogan was, "Make a statement without saying a word."

If you miss Exclamation! or just like graphic tees, there are plenty of other statements you can make without saying a word at Express right now:
Express Graphic Statement Tees

Texas Girl  / Love Shamrock / Illinois Girl / Florida Girl
WTF / Kiss Me / Rad / Baller

Since some of you have commented that you are starting to peek into Express again for the first time in awhile (or ever), just a friendly reminder that if you start making purchases there, it's definitely worth signing up for Express Next. Not the credit card necessarily (that's another ballgame), just the rewards program.  I posted all of my reasons for loving their rewards program way back here, when about two people knew about this blog. I was reminded of how much I love the rewards when I got the pink shirt I tried in Monday's post for free thanks to a storewide 30% off sale and the rewards points I had earned. (That particular shirt is now available online here in mint and white.)

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Linking Up With:
What I'm Loving Friday / Friday's Fab Favorites / Casual Friday /Favorite Fashion Friday
Passion for Fashion and Co-Host / Weekend Wind Down / The Lauren Elizabeth / Stylish Saturday
Fashion Item Friday and Co-Host

CONVERSATION

15 comments:

  1. Ok so reason number 28488273 why you and I were meant to meet- Exclamation is literally the only scent my mom can wear that doesn't give her migraines. True story.
    I too am thankful for the lovely ladies that link up with us! Loved Rachel's feature! She is so edgy chic, it's really just awesome to see the different styles Express can accommodate. I always love the diversity you showcase in your posts!
    Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out!! And, ooh all those graphic tees are so tempting!! Very much becoming a staple these days!!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome that you and I both talked about the exact same post from My Rose Colored Shades. I am excited to get those items in.

    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Rachelle and I am addicted to the portofino shirts, they are just so good. Last weekend I saw the baby pink and blue it took everything in me not to buy them. I also have the sleeveless ones it's that bad. Thanks for including me Gina, you are sweetheart. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny the google searches that lead people to your blog. I got "cute high schools in colored tights". Umm... what? Why was someone searching for that!? and I would love to go back to highschool, but sadly I work at a corporate job now haha. SO WEIRD! I was at Express yesterday returning a portofino shirt because I had one too similar in color (whoops!) and snagged up a pair of shorts instead for an even return. I wish I would have had more time to shop! I may need to go back this weekend because I seriously loved so much. And with the sale buy 1 get 1 50% off plus $25 off your $75 purchase... how could you not buy something!? They're practically giving clothes away, haha!

    Have a good weekend, Gina!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who's the sweet one? I know you are but what am I? Ok, that was totally corny. And it totally dates me too. Thanks so much for the feature. As always, I enjoy reading your posts. Now, I'm really convinced that Express should be on my go-to list whenever I'm in the market for new jeans. They look great on both Kellie and Tracy.

    Cynthia
    http://myroseocoloredshades.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That jean selfie search is too funny! Love all the cute outfit ideas and I wear jeans every weekend, so any outfit inspo is always appreciated :) btw, never heard about Express rewards, thanks!

    Have a great weekend!!
    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright, I get it Express..... It is now programmed in my brain and I am jumping to their website right now! I use to shop express then most of their items went above my price range or the shirts were too low cut. Your blog is to blame for whatever I purchase over my monthly spending. ;)
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, that is a weird thing to search. A lot better than 'xxx cucumber' like I got the other day. For the second time. I don't even want to know!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina, I saw this after we landed. So sweet! I am totally going to rock the hot pink bodysuit with enhanced bootie and boobs for Halloween. I dare you too! Speaking of searches to my blog, I just had "husbands taking nude selfies of wife"! First of all, I don't have anything close to this type of content and secondly, is it a selfie if someone else takes the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the shout out and for having fun bloggers join you too! The more, the merrier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of these looks! Thanks for sharing!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looks girl! I haven't been into an Express in so long. I need to stop in again soon. Thanks for linking up this week. xo ~ The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  14. great looks. i love ripped jeans and all the tee!
    xx
    http://sofiscloset.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post just proves how practical jeans are - they can be dressed up or kept casual, however people want to wear them! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!