2/10/14

The Little Black Tee

|
Any time I read a list of essential wardrobe pieces for women, I see the words Little Black Dress. Personally, I find the LBD to be overrated. Of course it's fun to get dressed up and wear one, but on average I need one no more than twice a year. And even at those times there are plenty of other acceptable color choices!

I think a Little Black Tee is a far more functional and versatile wardrobe piece, and totally underrated compared to the LBD. Since I love a little Pinterest inspiration almost as much as I love Express, here are a few of my favorite Little Black Tee looks for some Manic Monday inspiration (you're also welcome to view my entire Little Black Tee board on Pinterest here). 


Just Jeans:
Sources: One / Two / Three
Shop the Look:


Skirt Styling:
Sources: One / Two / Three
Shop the Look:


AC/DC Anyone?
Sources: One / Two / Three
Shop the Look:

Avec Une Écharpe (one year of college French + Google gets you this far, folks):
Sources: One / Two / Three
Shop the Look:

Bold Blazer:
Sources: One / Two / Three
Shop the Look:

Get it Shorty:
Sources: One / Two / Three
Shop the Look:

Pants with a Pop:
Sources: One / Two / Three
Shop the Look:


I've been layering my LBT a lot this winter with scarves, blazers and jackets (and channeling my inner Gemma Teller at times), but I'm sure I'll be trading those in for simpler looks when the weather warms up:


Shop the Look:



I'd love to hear your favorite way to wear a LBT and also where you bought the one you're loving lately, so let me know in the comments below. And if you have a blog, don't forget to link up below for Manic Monday which I'm hosting with More Pieces of Me. You can link to any recent post: fashion, fitness, recipes, you name it. If you've found us, we'd love to find you!

Linkup Button




We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        


Linking up for the Weekend with Weekend Wind Down:
DeDivahDeals / Journal of  a Woman / A Ranch Mom / Snippets of Inspiration
Mendez Manor / Mustard Seed Mommy / Moms Who Save / A Living Sacrifice

Monday Linkups:
Marvelous Monday Monday Must Haves / Funday Monday
Mingle Monday / Monday Bloom / Mix it Monday / Personal Style Monday

Tuesday Linkups:
Style Elixir / Love Your Look  / Stylish Tuesday / Trend Spin Tuesday / Totally Posted Tuesday Here and Here

CONVERSATION

31 comments:

  1. Soooo. I bought a LBT from Old Navy and I never wore it. Finally after two years, I wore it around the house. I'm not sure why I don't feel the need to wear an LBT or a LWT. Clearly I need one. I do agree about LBDs too. I have a couple but when it comes to actually dressing for an event, I always lean towards pattern and color! I may just need to buy an LBT and give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can call me obsessed but I'm such a sucker for a little black tee that I have a couple of them ranging from the plain to a logo one. It's such a classic & def a look-extender!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be my favorite post since I'm all about the black tee. It's my go-to tee, that and my grey ones. Great job with finding all the outfits for this post. Gives me great ideas. Have a lovely day and thanks for always coming to my blog to comment...my one and only subscriber...:)

    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely right here...LBT are great, but for whatever reason I tend to forget about them. I recently re-discovered how much I love them & how versatile they are...this reinforces that for sure!! Thanks for the inspirations!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone needs a little black tee. It's one of those basics you can build on. Love all your Pinspiration picks.

    Cynthia
    http://www.myrosecoloredshades.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these looks! Im such a sucker for a great pair of jeans and a tee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing beats a plain black tee! Definitely a staple in any wardrobe. I love the little mention of channeling Gemma Teller.. SOA is one of my all time favorite shows!!

    xo, Erica
    www.casuallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am wearing a black tee today! It's definitely a wardrobe staple for me. I love both of your looks. So chic. Enjoy your Monday, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have so many variations of the black tee and your compilation has some really great ideas. How long did it take you to pull these together?? They are all so good.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is reminding me that I should really wear my black tee more often! Thank you for all the styling ideas!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes it is and you know what...I don't even own one - well that will change this Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower to your site coming over from the Funday Monday Link-Up. Thanks for hosting a new link-up--I love meeting new bloggers :) I love a black tee you just can't go wrong--such great ideas for some inspiration!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to break out my black tshirts! I love all of these style ideas. Thanks for linking up with Mix it Monday this week!

    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun inspo! Love the casual jean looks!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the looks with jean and the maxi skirt! Wish I could pull off all black but I love my color too much :)
    By the way you are the sweetest ever and your comment today made my day! So, thank you!!

    Jessi
    www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulation on setting a new record with the link up today! I'm not surprised! I also have one more option to add for the black shirt...bold pants, like brocade. :) (Sorry i have no Express pics of them.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been wearing the same black v-neck tee from Forever 21 that I bought like 5 years ago. It's had a hole for 3 of those years. I FINALLY realized I should really get a new one and went on the hunt for the perfect LBT, slouchy but not sloppy, preferably a scoopneck, with a small pocket. I found the perfect one on a whim at a nearby thrift store from Cotton On. Fate I tell you!
    Visiting from the Monday Must-Haves link up :)
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post! I love how simple and chic all the looks are with a basic tee!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh I love the black shirts and really all of the styles you displayed!! Thanks for that! Also your outfit are darling as well:) Thanks for hosting girl!
    xoxo
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love posts with lots of celeb styling inspiration :-) Mila Kunis looks gorgeous in the skirt pic, and Nicole Richie looks so glam 'avec une echarpe' lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a huge fan of plain black (or white) tee.. I have multiple of tem and they really come in handy.. Love all your images and pairings!

    Mrs Jack Of All Trades
    Dubai, UAE

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never underestimate the power of a simple t-shirt. I have so many, and yet can never have enough because they're SO versatile. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's so rare that I wear a little black dress! You're right - tee is much more versatile!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found you on pinterest and that's really dangerous! I think I'll be re-pinning everything you have. Great post. I'm a sucker for jeans and a simple tshirt.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for linking up! Great styling ideas and I love a good black-tee!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, and I love that Olivia Bootie!

    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gonna get a black tee next week - thanks for sharing and linking up with us at the #WWDParty - Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I need a new black tee, and a white one for that matter lol! I've worn mine out! ;-) Thanks for sharing and for linking up with us on our last Weekend Wind-Down Party (I'm late browsing due to a move!) - hope you link up again this weekend! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!