2/26/14

Nowhere Else to Go

|
Lately my posts have been very theme-oriented, and consequently I have a bunch of miscellaneous photos and ideas clogging my hard drive and head space that haven't found a good place on the blog yet. However, since I'm linking up with Shanna for Random Wednesday, some of these things with nowhere else to go seem to make perfect random sense right here.

1. Nice People
In blogging I have "met" some great people who bring a smile to my face on a regular basis, and one of them is my fellow Express shopping addict Skye of The Shopaholic SAHM. She is totally authentic, funny, incredibly sweet, and she needs a little home on my sidebar so people know how much I adore her. The only problem was she didn't have a button for me to use. Enter my other blogging buddy, Carylee of More Pieces of Me. We collaborated to give her a button, so check it out over there --->. Then go visit Skye and you'll see why I heart her.

2. Awards Season
Speaking of nice bloggers, Joanna of The Coastal Closet, Darcy of A Memory of Us, and the aforementioned Skye have nominated me for some blogging awards. As far as I can tell, there is no formal ceremony for these awards, which is too bad. But I picked out an outfit anyway. This dress is the most expensive dress Express offers ($298!), and that's pretty much the only reason I want it because I don't look that great in all white. But it's a virtual event so let's go big or go home! Also, feel free to let me know which Express shoes go best with the dress...or tell me I'm crazy and need to get some shoes from somewhere else. I dutifully answered all of their questions on my About Page so you can basically find my auto-biography there at this point.

Rhinestone Dress


3. New Portofinos
It's to be expected that with every new season there will be new Portofino shirts. And every time I say I don't need anymore, they come out with a new print or color that makes me change my mind. 

Spring 2014 Portofinos
Contrast Piping Portofino /  Glam Green / Rosebud and Parrot Print / Truly Blue

I picked up the Glam Green version in store recently because I'm all about rocking emerald green like it's 2013. I consulted my personal stylist (a.k.a. Pinterest) for some ideas on how to wear this now and later as it warms up so here are a few of my Pins put to work:

With Cognac Boots:

With a Leopard Scarf:

With Sandals (Keeping some leopard...I like it):


Wait, don't you already have a green Portofino? Yes, yes I do. But that's Deep Teal and it totally says Fall/Winter. Glam Green is so spring/summer. But no harm in styling it basically the same way:
Express pieces used in these outfits: Glam Green Portofino  / Stella Jean Leggings (Current) / Leopard Belt /  Necklace / Leopard Scarf / White Ankle Zip Jeans
Other: Target Boots / Target Sandals (Current) / PavĂ© Link Bracelet: Sage K & Co

So there's a whole bunch of random for you today. Hopefully some of it was worth your time and thanks for stopping by! 

Linking up on Wednesday:
Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / What I Wore Wednesday  / Whatcha Wearin' Wednesday

Linking up on Thursday:

CONVERSATION

25 comments:

  1. OMG, I began reading your post at 5:32am and when I read the part of about me, I immediately started crying...like the Oprah "ugly cry". Why??? Because that has to be the sweetest, most selfless, most incredible thing both you and Carylee could have done for a little sap like myself. I've been having mucho Winter Blues and you two beautiful ladies have really made my heart sing. Thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am forever appreciative!! I LOVE MY NEW BUTTON!!!! IT'S FANTABULICIOUS!!

    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you just answered my question here without me having to ask...I was going to see if Express had a White Stella Skinny Legging! I guess they do! I got my dark distressed Stella Skinny Leggings in the mail on Saturday and have worn them twice already....can we just say those are the most comfortable "jeans" ever!! I'm not happy with my the fit of my current white skinny jeans, so I found myself wondering if the Stella Skinny Legging came in white. Guess I'll keep my eye out for a sale and grab a pair :-) Thanks!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! This is called community!! Way to go on sharing the love with your blog friends.

    You look awesome in this top and every way you styled it. Super cute!
    Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES to all those outfits that were inspired my Pinterest!! You nailed all the looks!!! Love that green top!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe that rhinestone dress is from Express, too! LOVE IT! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh we should totally dress up for award season for blogs. That would be so fun!! I just bought the same portofino, too! Haha but I have a mint one so I am contemplating returning it for another color like purple. I just want each one they come out with!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, I have a tonne of photos lying about too! I'm really loving the green shirt.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, you have totally given me a new idea on my green shirt. I pinned it in the fall with the cognac boots look but using it this spring with sandals and my white denim capris hadn't occurred to me. LOVE IT!

    Thanks for linking up at Whatcha Wearin' Wednesday too!!

    L,
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the way you styled these outfits!
    Alyssa B
    alyssabarnettbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, it would be too cool if blogging had an actual awards show that we could go to all dolled up in fancy dresses. Hey, a girl can dream!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just gave me so much good inspiration for my green tunic. LOVE all of these looks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina, you are so creative! I truly love reading the content of each of your posts. To put together a post of "random" things? Really? It's so good! And you know I like a green blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the portofino shirts and that truly blue and glam green are going home with me soon. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes yes yes to the green tops.....it's really our color of the week!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the green shirt and that cute leopard skinny belt, great ideas! :)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I clicked the button and it took me to photobucket. Make sure her url is in the html code. I will search for her blog!
    Loving the teal/green shirt. I have one similar and love wearing it.
    xo, Lee
    edfbylee.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving that brilliant green Portofino on you!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it all! Love those tops at the end, they're so comfy and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my I haven't gone to Express in a really long time...Great color...I need more green in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Firstly, cute button...that was really sweet of you guys to make! :) Secondly, I'm loving the white dress...and since it's your celebration I think you need a sparkly tiara and wand to go with it. (When parties are all about you it's ok to dress up like a princess! And why stop there? You can get cupcakes made with your face on them or make everyone compose a poem about you...the options are endless...)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know what color my green is - it looks close to the glam, but anyway - it's a great color. Probably my second most worn one! It's taking all my brute strength not to order the True Blue right. This. Second.
    I think it will be great for spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh I super love your green top! Lately I've been loving the color green and yellow too aside from my usual favorites black, white and cream. =) Oh and I would definitely have to agree with you on #1, the place to meet nice people is through blogging. I have become online friends with a lot of fellow bloggers, some of them I've been keeping in touch with for years! Cheers to blogging and nice people!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the bright green top. Visiting from Tres Chic fashion.

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Was trying to figure out what I wanted to get on the Express F&F that ends today and found your blog. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found me Shelly! I'm sure if you stick around you'll never run out of ideas for what to get. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!