2/19/14

Astrology Style Part 2

|
Welcome back for the second half of my Astrology Style Series (first half of the year found here). All of the traits for each sign come from this article, and I'm also offering up some Zodiac style inspiration by way of a celebrity who shares your sign. And all of the clothes and accessories shown are from Express, natch, unless another brand is stated.

LEO
July 24-August 23
Strengths: Generous, Creative, Faithful, Loving, Loyal
Weaknesses: Prideful, Pompous, Patronizing, Bossy, Dogmatic, Interfering 
Blogs:  More Pieces of Me, Shopaholic SAHM, Petite Career Girl, Green Fashionista
Celebrities: Jennifer Lopez, Kate Beckinsale, Halle Berry, Mila Kunis

LEO STYLE:

CREATE A LEO LOOK:
J LO Leo Style

Sweater / Boyfriend Jeans / Booties / MAC C-Thru Lipglass


VIRGO
August 24-Spetmeber 23
Strengths: Meticulous, Modest, Shy, Diligent, Intelligent, Analytical
Weaknesses: Fussy, Worrier, Overcritical, Harsh, Perfectionist, Conservative
BlogsSydney's Fashion Diary, Get Your Pretty OnPinkSoleBeauty Girl 24Fashion Bling & Other Girly Things
Celebrities: Rachel Zoe, Cameron Diaz, Beyonce, Rachel Bilson

VIRGO STYLE:

CREATE A VIRGO LOOK:
Rachel Bilson Virgo Style

Boyfriend Jeans / Stripe and Dot Scarf / Crew Neck Tee / Coat / Bootie


LIBRA
September 24-October 23
Strengths: Easygoing, Diplomatic, Idealistic, Peaceful
Weaknesses Gullible, Indecisive, Jealousy, Aloofness
Blogs: Good Girl Gone Glam,  Kelly's RealityEat Drink & Be Mary
Celebrities: Kim Kardashian, Hilary Duff, Gwyneth Paltrow, Gwen Stefani

LIBRA STYLE:


CREATE A LIBRA LOOK:
Hilary Duff Libra Style

Fantasia Blue Pants / Pleated Neck Cami / Sam Edelman Sandals / Bead Necklace


SCORPIO
October 24-November 22

Strengths: Determined, Passionate, Exciting, Intuitive, Strong Willed
Weaknesses: Forceful, Compulsive, Obstinate, Obsessive, Resentful, Secretive
Blogs: Casually StyledIt's Mostly About Fashion
Celebrities: Jenny McCarthy, Katy Perry, Emma Stone, Bethenny Frankel

SCORPIO STYLE:

CREATE A SCORPIO LOOK:
Katy Perry Scorpio Style

Floral DressRound Toe Ballet Flat / Stone Earrings / Leaf Wrap Ring


SAGITTARIUS 
November 23-December 22
Strengths: Optimistic, Good Humor, Philosophical, Honest, Courteous
Weaknesses: Irresponsible, Restless, Tactless, Careless
Celebrities:Taylor Swift,  Katie Holmes,  Christina Aguilera

SAGITTARIUS STYLE:

CREATE A SAGITTARIUS LOOK:
Taylor Swift Sagittarius Style

CAPRICORN
December 23-January 20
Strengths: Patient, Cautious, Caring, Sympathetic, Driven, Prudent, Practical
Weaknesses: Pessimistic, Fatalistic, Hold Grudges
Blogs: A Memory of Us, LeStylo Rouge, My Rose Colored Shades
Celebrities: Nina Dobrev, Kate Middleton, Kate Moss, Kristin Cavallari

CAPRICORN STYLE:

CREATE A CAPRICORN LOOK:
Kristin Cavallari Capricorn Style


I can't wait to hear from each of you how your Fashion Horoscope turned out! I thought some signs today had really cohesive style inspirations, like Leo and Capricorn. Whereas others had a wide range of styles, like Libra with everything from Gwyneth to Kim to Gwen.


BONUS MATERIAL:

Monday's post inspired me to dig through my closet to see how well my style matched up with my fellow Aquarians, and sure enough, we have some very similar pieces. I'm linking up with several outfit-related link-ups below, so here are my own contributions to Zodiac style:


Lauren Conrad-Inspired Look:
Express Pieces: Shirt (Similar, Similar) / Leopard Belt / White Ankle Zip Jeans

Jennifer Aniston-Inspired Outfit Details:
Express Pieces: Bracelet / Necklace
Other:  Target Tank / Old Navy Shorts (Current Similar)

As always, thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the series!

Linking up for the Weekend with Weekend Wind Down:
DeDivahDeals / Journal of  a Woman / A Ranch Mom / Snippets of Inspiration
Mendez Manor / Mustard Seed Mommy / Moms Who Save / A Living Sacrifice

Linking up on Wednesday:
Random Wednesday / I Feel Pretty / What I Wore Wednesday  / Whatcha Wearin' Wednesday

Linking up on Thursday:
Bethany & Meghan for Three-fer Thursday / The Fashion Informant / Spotlight Weekly with Elle

Image Credits: Most images are random paparazzi shots and pins from Pinterest with no clear source, but several came from Just Jared and some Taylor Swift images came from Taylor Swift Swifties Community.

CONVERSATION

26 comments:

  1. Well no wonder why I have a girl crush on Mila Kunis!! :) and yep this is pretty accurate because I would wear any of those outfits and actually the description of strengths and weaknesses is pretty spot on also! Eeep! Love how you added your looks to your sign! Love all of this!
    Morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those booties are so awesome! Totally crushing on the looks and how you put this together with Astrology.
    xo, Lee
    Everyday Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I would say Libra style is spot on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all this Virgo ladies, thanks for including me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another excellent post, Gina! Thanks for featuring me. I need those bf jeans in my life. It's so hard to find the one that actually fits. Will give these Express ones a try. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun idea for a post, Gina!! After your post Monday I was so looking forward to what Capricorn's would be like. Kate Middleton is a Capricorn!? Woohoo!! Major style icon right there!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I bought a pair of sunnies like the Sagittarius yesterday, spot on Express, I can't wait to wear them.

    Natalia
    http://leavingthecorneranddippingmytoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so much fun...I am not a big believer in zodiac signs, but your take on them and the style is such a unique idea and love all the fashion inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww Thanks so much for sharing me on the blog--you are seriously such a sweetpea :):) I think I def. go with a Virgo even though I am right on the edge! I love Rachel Zoe and Rachel Bilson's styles so much! What a cool article.

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally am a Leo! I love the looks of all the signs. I loved the way you styled yours as well. I'm going to have to copy that look too. Have a lovely day!!

    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the shout out! I've always felt that as a Scorpio I should be more mysterious, passionate, and wear all black. And ask my husband, he can confirm that I am very secretive and strong-willed (stubborn?). In regards to my style, I want to be different and stand out from others. Do I always do this? No. Have I tried since the 3rd grade? yes. I do love the flowered dress you picked. That is something that
    I wouldn't pick but it really is my style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these astrology outfit posts! I'm a Gemini and I love the basic denim button down top with a cool black wedge. Thanks for this post! xo

    http://diaryofafashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the shout out!! This was such a fun post to read! I think when it comes to fashion, I could fit into almost all of the astrological signs lol! My style changes daily, I like to keep it exciting like a true scorpio :) I also just bought a floral print romper for spring so that was spot on!

    Thanks Gina!

    xo, Erica
    www.casuallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is probably the coolest post I've ever seen! My sister loves astrology and I can't wait to share it with her!
    www.theperennialstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this, but I still definitely think that I am a style Pisces :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for including a link to my blog, babe! I loved this astrology fashion series. :)

    Happy Thursday!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. luv the polka dot dress too...i even like it better than the one taylor swift is wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gina,this is such an original post; really enjoyed looking at all the different signs and celebrity outfits. Your outfit seems to be pretty spot on with your sign; so cool. I also learned when it comes to clothes I am more of a Leo/Libra/Virgo mix rather than Scorpio my sign; good info for me, love this post! XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both Astrology posts were amazing. I can really see my self into the Gemini look.


    xoxo,
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your celebrity picks for Capricorn! Both Kates are style inspirations for me. I'm loving the current blush trend so I really like your Capricorn look choices. Thanks for the mention!

    Cynthia
    http://myrosecoloredshades.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't get over how much I love their jeans right now.... so much to love!

    Thanks for the "Leo Love" :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hmmm...the Virgo style really wasn't me now or in my younger days although I do like skinny jeans, just can get my fat butt to look right in them - lol! Have a wonderful week and thanks for sharing this with us at the #WWDParty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just had the chance to read this, and it's so true Gina! I'm a Virgo to a T! So wild how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just found this post!! Virgo style is so me and no wonder I love Beyonce so much..lol
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!