2/17/14

Astrology Style Part 1

|
I generally give Astrology about as much weight as the paper it's printed on (so if it's printed on the internet...), but I think it's an entertaining topic and fun conversation piece, so this week I wanted to have a little Zodiac fashion fun. Today and Wednesday I'll go through each sign of the Zodiac and provide a little info about the sign (via this Yahoo Article) along with an outfit option from (mostly) Express, based on a celebrity who shares that sign.

AQUARIUS
January 21-February 19
Strengths: Friendly, Humanitarian, Intelligent, Independent, Loyal, Honest
Weaknesses: Intractable, Contrary, Detached Socially, Unpredictable
Blogs: Red Tag Chic Los Angeles, Leaving the Corner & Dipping My Toes, On the Daily Express
Celebrities: Jennifer Aniston, Lauren Conrad

AQUARIUS STYLE:


CREATE AN AQUARIUS LOOK:
Aquarius


PISCES
February 19-March 20
Strengths: Selfless, Kind, Sympathetic, Intuitive, Compassionate, Sensitive, Imaginative
Weaknesses: Escapist, Lie with Ease, Secretive, Vague, Weak Willed
Blogs: Patti Cake 
Celebrities: Olivia Palermo, Jessica Biel

PISCES STYLE:

CREATE A PISCES LOOK:
Olivia Palermo- Pisces Style


ARIES
March 21-April 20
Strengths: Self Motivated, Energetic, Courageous, Inspiring
Weaknesses: Impatient, Demanding, Vehement, Obstinate
Blogs: ie-style
Celebrities: Victoria Beckham, Reese Witherspoon, Miranda Kerr, Jamie Chung

ARIES STYLE:


CREATE AN ARIES LOOK:
Aries Style- Jamie Chung

Leopard Print Babydoll Dress / Minus the Leather Quilted Sleeve Jacket / Ankle Strap Heeled Bootie / MAC Desire Lipstick (Lipstick image via The Notice

TAURUS
April 21 - May 21
Strengths: Patient, Reliable, Warmhearted, Persistent 
Weaknesses: Jealous, Possessive, Self Indulgent, Infallible 
Celebrities:  Jessica Alba, Megan Fox

TAURUS STYLE:

CREATE A TAURUS LOOK:
Megan Fox Style

 Gray Jean Leggings / V Neck Linen Tee / Printed Satin Flat / Vince Camuto Fedora 

GEMINI
May 22 - June 21
Strengths: Adaptable, Lively, Youthful Eloquent, Versatile, Intellectual 
Weaknesses: Cunning, Superficial, Tense, Nervous, Moody, Inconsistent 
Blogs: Only Be You
Celebrities: Angelina Jolie, Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen

GEMINI STYLE:

CREATE A GEMINI LOOK:
MK Olsen - Gemini Style

Essential Shirt / Jean Legging / Wedge Sandal / Sunglasses

CANCER: June 22 - July 23
Strengths: Cautious, Protective, Imaginative, Emotional
Weaknesses: Too clingy, Touchy, Over emotional, Moody
Blogs: Ella Pretty, The Tiny Heart, Adri Lately
Celebrities: Jessica Simpson, Ashley Tisdale

CANCER STYLE:

CREATE A CANCER LOOK:
Ashley Tisdale style

Acid Wash Jeans/  Tiger Tee / Camouflage Tote / Pyramid Stud Bracelet / Stud and Cross Bracelet

If I covered your sign today, how did your fashion horoscope turn out for you? Did you connect with any of your celebrity style representatives? I fall under Aquarius and of all the celebrities shown, I would definitely be most comfortable borrowing clothes from Jennifer or Lauren's closet. I think Gemini looks surprised me the most. There was so much black, and I would have expected some drastic alternatives to represent the dual nature of the Gemini.

If you have a birthday in the second half of the year or early January, be sure to check back on Wednesday for your Fashion Horoscope!

And since it's Monday, feel free to add your link below to Manic Monday with my co-host,  More Pieces of Me. We had an amazing group last week, and a sincere thank you goes out to everyone who linked up! We truly appreciate it and would love to have you join us again.

Linkup Button




We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        

Linking up for the Weekend with Weekend Wind Down:
DeDivahDeals / Journal of  a Woman / A Ranch Mom / Snippets of Inspiration
Mendez Manor / Mustard Seed Mommy / Moms Who Save / A Living Sacrifice

Monday Linkups:

Tuesday Linkups:
Style Elixir /  Stylish Tuesday / Trend Spin Tuesday / Totally Posted Tuesday Here and Here

Thursday Linkups:
All Things Thursday with Hunters of Happiness

CONVERSATION

28 comments:

  1. Well isn't that interesting...I gravitate towards the celebrity clothing from my sign as well (Aries)!! It would seem there is some truth to this! What a fun & interesting concept! Thanks for the shout-out & link-up!
    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww thanks for the mention fellow Aquarian Gina. Giving a toast to our Aquarian style icon Jennifer A and Lauren C.....both chic ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat post! I'm Aries, but my style is definitely Pisces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I can't wait to see Part 2 for Scorpio.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun and interesting post!! Can't wait to see the next part for Scorpio!

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    xo, Erica
    www.casuallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool feature, Gina! I can't wait to read mine. These outfits are great inspiration. I will definitely try to replicate some of those. Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! I would never think to match your sign to your style, but I love the concept! I really like Aquarius style. Polished, laid back glam :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun post, I do have to say I love your Aquarius picks, I might be a little biased, but as Aquarius girls are the best, right?

    Natalia
    http://leavingthecorneranddippingmytoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea, looking forward to libra.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun post! I'm a Cancer and that striped tee/leather skirt combo is definitely something I'd wear!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Target Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sign's outfits are totally my style! LOVE!
    xoxo
    Kendra
    http://fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. My birthday falls on the cusp between Aries and Taurus, so I get the best of both signs! They are right on! Can't wait for part 2!! Thanks for hosting the link up!
    xo,
    Monica
    http://glamvolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see myself wearing every thing on here. I loved this post. I'm copying a lot of those looks. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
  14. You seriously need to win a blogger award for unique and creative posts! I love this! Although I can't believe you're making me wait alllllll the way until Wednesday to read mine!! Torture! And I just can't even imagine the amount of work and research this takes to find celeb outfits and also recreate them at Express. So nicely done. This is one of my favorite features of yours!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh...can't wait till wednesday so I can see what you pick for Leos. (Make sure it's someone hot please) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I commented on this on my post so I pasted it here too LOL!

    In terms of the style horoscopes you posted - I definitely like Aquarius (Lauren Conrad) and Taurus (Jessica Alba)...although I'd take Pisces Olivia Palermo any day :-) I do think Jessica Simpson is terribly cute, but we don't share the same style at all!

    Seriously interesting post though - you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a fun post! I'm a Capricorn so I can't wait to read your post on Wednesday.

    Cynthia
    http://myrosecoloredshades.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, this is super interesting- I'm a Capricorn, so I'll be checking in later to see my astrology style! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cool post! I can't wait to see the Virgos but I am relating with the Aquarius' style so much! Hmm, maybe I was born in the wrong style sign? LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait to see your second half- I have an Oct 23 bday so it's usually on the cutoff between two different zodiac signs, which is good so I can go with whatever horoscope I like best! :-)
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these! Can't wait for the rest, I'm a libra!

    xo
    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Visiting from Trend Spin Link-up! This is so fun! I can't wait until next time for my sign :)

    <3 Vicki
    Wilde in the City

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm "preppy" and my sister is "daring" and these outfit choices nailed us on the head. I'm shocked, soo interesting!!
    www.theperennialstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey-I am in good company! I knew there was something i liked about More POM and SAHM :). J-lo is fabulous and I love her looks...had no idea she was a leo though. Keep up the cool posts...can't wait to find out how I can continue to "maximize my express potential"...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I scrolled up and down looking for "Virgo Style" - looking forward to seeing your feature. Thank you for coming back and sharing with us at the #WWDParty. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pisces: weak willed, especially when it comes to shopping! haha ;) Thanks for including me lovely!!! Interesting post!
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. well no wonder i always think LC looks adorable - we're both Aquarius! love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!