1/8/14

Totally Fur Sure

|
I'm pretty sure you all have noticed  by now that the Fashion Blogopshere (are we going with Blogosphere? Blogiverse?) is seriously getting their fur-eak on these days. I mean it's winter, so the extra warmth plus extra glamour is a great combination.

I admitted recently that I feel like one of the only people left without a faux fur vest. As much as I love the way I've seen them styled, it just doesn't feel right to me while living in a warm climate. Enter the Faux Fur Looped Scarf. This piece grabbed my attention back HERE after spotting in on Adriana of Leopard Martini:

faux fur scarf, snood, looped scarf

Somehow this seems more realistic for me to actually wear because it's just a little bit of (faux) fur as an accent, not an "OMG this will keep me warm in a blizzard" amount of fur. There are three color options for this scarf at Express, and they each look pretty versatile depending on the dominant colors in your wardrobe. (And by the way, they're all 60% off right now!)

Short Faux Fur Looped Scarf:

faux fur scarf, snood, looped scarf

Faux Fur Looped Scarf - Brown:

faux fur scarf, snood, looped scarf


Faux Fur Looped Scarf- Brown (but should have been named Gray...)

faux fur scarf, snood, looped scarf

:
Still, the faux fur thing in general is outside my tiny fashion comfort zone. And when I'm not sure if I really have enough ways to style something, Pinterest is always there to convince me that, yes, there are plenty of ways to wear it! I have to say it makes a pretty good case for this scarf. See Exhibits A through D below:

faux fur scarf, snood, looped scarf, outfit with fur scarf
Sources: Left, Right

faux fur scarf, snood, looped scarf, outfit with fur scarf
Sources: Left, Right

And of course, I've spotted a few fabulous bloggers wearing their version of a faux fur looped scarf to further persuade me that this piece is not-so-hard to style. Be sure to click through to their blogs for all the rest of their specific outfit details:

faux fur scarf, snood, looped scarf, outfit with fur scarf
L-R: Styled Snapshots, Casually Styled 

faux fur scarf, snood, looped scarf, outfit with fur scarf
L-R: Leopard Martini, The Sweetest Thing

They all make it look effortless, and some of the outfits look like they have some other basic pieces that most of us already have in our wardrobes to recreate similar looks.

And of course, before buying anything I have to check the reviews. There are only two reviews total for the three versions of this scarf, but both are very positive. One reviewer who gave this version four stars writes that it's "ridiculously soft." And the reviewer for the leopard version gave it five stars, saying, "it looks better in person" and gets "many compliments."

I think the "Brown but really it's Gray" would work the best with my wardrobe, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on which version looks the most versatile and what (if any) faux fur you've been wearing lately!

Linking up:  Random WednesdayI Feel Pretty Your Whims WednesdayBethany & Meghan for Three-fer Thursday, Tres Chic Fashion Thursday, Jacqueline & Elle for Spotlight Weekly

CONVERSATION

37 comments:

  1. I love fur,but I'm with you in that it doesn't fit my climate very well. A scarf would be perfect for just a touch of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and it reminds me that I need to break out my fur infinity scarf as well! Stopping by from the linkup today :-)
    Meghan @ Lipstick Skulls Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to peek in on your blog to see how you style it! Thanks for stopping by, Meghan.

      Delete
  3. UMMM HOW did I never see this accessory?! I must get one, and asap. That looks so chic, and I love the subtle touch it gives the outfit. And that'll definitely work in the warm climate you live in :)

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlen! Glad to hear you think it's not too nonsensical in warm weather. It is technically winter, after all!

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of a leopard scarf. I recently bought a leopard vest that I like but I would get way more use out of a scarf. It's pretty hot where I live too. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for one!
    Tiffany
    www.stylestealsandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for all the warm weather people chiming in here! I feel a little guilty when so many people are buried in snow and their high temps are single digits or less!

      Delete
  5. I never considered myself a fur person before, but I love the subtlety of the scarf. It seems like such a great layering piece! And it's cold enough in OK that I think it would be perfect to wear right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I like to take my trends in small doses. I feel like they're easier to pull off.

      Delete
  6. I seriously love my fur vest! it's the perfect completer piece to an outfit! Go the scarf! You'll wear it,I promise :). I think I would pick the brown but its gray one, too!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It is GRAY, right? How can they both be called brown but totally different colors? :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I think the scarf was the perfect choice!

    Lindsey
    Thrift and Shout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Lindsey. :)

      Delete
  9. wow, your makeup is totally gorgeous! scarves are definitely a great way to test out trends -- they don't take as much commitment. love how you styled yours for warm weather.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish I were as cute as any of these girls but unfortunately these photos are not of me. :) Thank you for the nice comments, though!

      Delete
  10. One of my favorite accessories would definitely be the fur snood! So simple and glamourous! Thank you so much for featuring me again! I greatly appreciate it! P.S I'm also super jealous that you live in a warmer climate.. It's currently 19 degrees where I am :(

    xo Erica
    www.casuallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr!! But look at the bright side- the cold weather gives you a lot more fashion variety! Thanks again for contributing to my post!

      Delete
  11. Yeah you have me convinced that I need a fur snood. I'm picturing it with the minus the leather jacket. How amazing does that sound?!
    Great feature product once again!
    Morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE moto jackets with fur snoods. Like this look:
      http://wearawishbone.com/2014/01/02/4780/

      Delete
  12. Super chic, edgy, glam, and boho- all wrapped up into one! Great idea for warmer climates!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great piece- I love it! And you're right- it makes more sense for you to go this route if you live in an area that doesn't get true winters. :)

    Happy Thursday, doll!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! Always appreciate it when you stop by!

      Delete
  14. Great post. Same here in Houston...faux fur just doesn't work but I do love seeing it on fashion bloggers. I'm very envious of their Winter weather.

    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say I'm jealous of winter weather because I've had plenty of it in my life, but I do love the different styling options it requires!

      Delete
  15. Hey There! I haven't been wearing any fur (faux or faux real...lol), because it's still 70 degrees her in PHX. I'm so jealous of people with real seasons...Anyway, I like Faux Fur Looped Scarf - Brown the best. It reminds me of those vintage mink collars. Cream, White, Grey, Pink, Teal - I think any color will go with it but that's also true for the gray one. I think this is a really cute idea...I'd never noticed the fur infinity scarves, but they are a nice way to do the trend.
    - Merrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize you were in Phoenix! I used to live there. :) But yeah, you know what I'm talking about...fur is just out of place in weather over 70 degrees!

      Delete
  16. Love it!
    http://julietlyllillyrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh I want one! they look so chic! too bad it never gets cold where I'm from :o

    lifeisashoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never getting cold is not a bad thing in my book. :) But cold weather peeps definitely have some fun fashion options!

      Delete
  18. I so want a fur scarf and I'm loving yours! So chic and definitely will fit all of this cold weather we're having!

    -Brittany
    http://lovestyletransform.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Brittany! I think that scarf would look fab on you.

      Delete
  19. I absolutely LOVE it! You are a doll! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    http://fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebster-award.html
    xoxo
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love!! I just ordered one from ASOS - cannot wait for it to arrive! It will be perfect for this bitter winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!