1/29/14

Smells Like Team Spirit

|
Like a typical girl, I've been planning my Super Bowl outfit since approximately this moment:

Richard Sherman pass tip, interception, 49ers
Image: Source

And I know I'm not alone in this because I've already spotted some bloggers showing their team spirit and planning looks for the big game. Even if you don't have ties to Seattle or Denver and just want to watch the Super Bowl for the commercials or the halftime show so you know what everyone's talking about on Monday, feel free to use the visuals below to get inspired to pick a side for Sunday.

THE SEAHAWKS:


Seattle Seahawks players, Doug Baldwin, Russell Wilson, Steven Hauschka, Marshawn Lynch
Image Credits: Doug BaldwinRussell Wilson, Steven Hauschka,  Marshawn Lynch


A couple of bloggers had some great Super Bowl outfit sets featuring everyday wardrobe pieces (or a little bit of fan gear). You can check out Eat Drink and be Mary to get details on where to find these pieces:


And even though she's cheering for Denver, Kellie of ie-style (OMG...I just got her blog name!), somehow found it in her Bronco-loving heart to give Seattle fans a couple of casual "I'm a fan but not a crazy fan" outfit options:


And a post here is never complete without a little something from Express. I used the Seattle Seagals for some outfit inspiration à la Express.

Seagals inspired SuperBowl outfit
Image: Source

Express Outfit: Striped Bateau Tee / Frayed Oblong Scarf Stella Destroyed Ankle Jean Legging


THE BRONCOS:


Image Credits: Peyton Manning,  Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Ryan Clady

For serious Bronco fans, I say go all-out with a themed costume via Amazon:

Apparently that's a bull, but his horns look more like donkey ears to me. Really, though, who's going to get technical if you show up wearing that?

If an inflatable farm animal looks a little cumbersome for an average get together, Kellie's option might be more practical.  She was born and raised in Denver so she probably just took pieces out of her own closet for this set. She even has more Denver outfit options on her blog, but I'm trying to make it a fair fashion fight here by just sharing one:


I think the chaps are a really...special touch on the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders look, but some white skinnies with a simple orange tee and blue scarf should be spirited enough for average spectators.

Denver Broncos Cheer inspired Super Bowl Outfit
Image: Source

Express Outfit: Bateau Neck Tee Shirt / Stella Ankle Zip Jean Legging / Leopard Infinity Scarf

I figured out my Super Bowl outfit yesterday so I don't have to worry about it on Sunday while I'm in the kitchen prepping food for our get together. (I'm dying to make these Birthday Cake Oreo Truffles, but every time I buy the Oreos for it, they disappear before they can become truffles. Weird.)


Current Pieces:
Left: Stella Destroyed Ankle Jean LeggingConverseWatch
Middle: Moto JacketFaceted Stone Necklace, Bracelet, Watch
Right: Bomber JacketConverseWatchStella Destroyed Jean Legging, Necklace

Outfit #1: Disclosure: I used voodoo magic (i.e. a hair elastic in the back) to make a children's shirt look like it fits. It doesn't. I can't really wear this in public or my secret will be revealed.

Outfit #2: This outfit is very me, but I get the feeling that white pants at a party with beer, greasy food, pets, kids and rambunctious fans is a bad idea.

Outfit #3: Touchdown! I get to wear my new jacket, team colors, and not even worry about my hair.

Have fun planning your Super Bowl outfits and thanks for stopping by today!

Linking Up:
Super Bowl XLVIII Linkup! (so glad to have found this one!)
Random Wednesday
I Feel Pretty
What I Wore Wednesday
Jacqueline & Elle for Spotlight Weekly
Bethany & Meghan for Three-fer Thursday
The Fashion Informant

CONVERSATION

22 comments:

  1. Love your final choice! I loved your post the other day on the jacket.

    Tracy @Its Mostly About Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! Sorry to keep repeating the same piece over and over but what can I say? I really like it!

      Delete
  2. LOL, thats supposed to be a bull? I almost spit my coffee looking at it..i would have thought that was a donkey..hahahaha. Love your final choice..the green tights are awesome! Go seahwaks..even though I am undecided who I will root for :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I will forgive you for your indecisiveness. This is the first time in a long time I've had a team preference!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the link-up & for sharing ie-style's pics with your readers! I love all the options you put together here, but I gotta say it once more...Go Broncos!! LOL!! Thanks again!! :-)

    Kellie @ www.ie-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your your options you look great in all of them.. but option 2 even better !! <3


    Have a wonderful day :)

    xx Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just set the bar really high for Super Bowl ensembles. I don't have gear to support either team unfortunately (my team is the Steelers, and well, they didn't have such a good season). Really cute options!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that we had sporty posts on the same day #greatminds
    The fact of the matter is, all my love for sports is all channeled towards the Cardinals (and some to the San Antonio Spurs). I am forbidden to like any other sport because apparently I can't just "like" a team, I OBSESSSSS about a team. So.
    But, alas, we are in fact going to a super bowl party, and you reminded me I don't have my outfit picked out. Hrrrm.
    I love seeing your sporty! And the sandals in the second outfit are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the outfits you're showing. You have such a cute style :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forget Mary Denver's outfit...I'm going for the donkey costume!!! Or maybe the chaps!! I believe vogue will be featuring them in their next issue... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the boots so much!

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the team spirit looks with a twist...who wants to wear an oversized men's sweatshirt? Well done!
    Stopping by via the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your game day outfit choice! :) Hope your Hawks win!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an awesome way to find an outfit inspiration! :)

    Found your post via Fashion Informant link up... hope you stop by and let me know your thoughts on my outfit. :)

    Rhea, Et Cetera - trench coat & coral

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love choice #2, but I completely understand about white pants! Choice #3 is just as fabulous! Thanks for sharing with Spotlight Weekly!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the the second option, but you're right, white beer and grease don't really mesh well together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great ideas for super bowl party outfits! Thanks for linking up at the Weekend Wind-Down party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those outfits! Super cute for Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Visiting from Three-Fer Thursday Link-up! These are great Super bowl looks! I'll be rocking some workout clothes at the gym during the game :)

    <3 Vicki
    Wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you enjoyed Superbowl Sunday! Thanks for sharing and linking up with us at #WWDParty. P.S. I'm glad the Seahawks won but didn't dress for any particular team as I am not a big football fan. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!