1/13/14

Outfits...on the Daily

|
A few of my fellow blogger friends who shall remain nameless (Ahem, Ahem and Ahem) have kindly hinted that I should follow up on some of the things I've purchased by showing how I wore them. I have a lot of reasons (excuses?) as to why I don't like to do outfit posts. First and foremost, I get my outfits from the Department of Redundancy Department. If I like something, I just buy all the colors that flatter me and re-create the same outfit with different colors. Not exactly avante garde fashion, and likely to bore people quickly.

That said, I try to be open to constructive criticism and reader feedback, so today is all about showing that I really do wear the things I buy, via rad iPhone selfies of outfits I've worn over the past few weeks.


Express colorblock sweater, Stella Destroyed jean legging, graduated spike necklace, target kailey boot, bootie, pewter belt
Express Pieces:
Sweater: Sold out. Similar options: Under $25, Under $35
Jeans: Stella Destroyed Jean Legging
Bracelet: Pavé Embellished Status Link Bracelet
Necklace: Graduated Spike Necklace

Other:
Booties: Target
Belt: Old, Similar


Express Convertible Sleeve Portofino shirt, wine, stella destroyed ankle jean legging, python belt, side cut out runway bootie, pave accented curb chainbracelet, faceted stone necklace
Express Pieces:
Top: Portofino Convertible Sleeve Shirt in Wine
Jeans: Stella Destroyed Ankle Jean Legging
Bracelet: Pavé Embellished Status Link Bracelet
Booties: Open Toe Side Cut Out Runway Bootie
Necklace: Faceted Stone Necklace

Other:
Belt: Old, Similar

Shopping Note on the Booties: If you read here often, you may wonder why I'm wearing the Express booties after saying the Nordstrom option was better quality (I do still have that opinion!). First, the Nordstrom version did not come up as high on my ankle as the Express version, so it just didn't look quite right with my pants. Also, the stacked heel on the Express version looked more casual, which was also my preference. I did have to coat the back zipper with Vaseline to get it to work properly (thanks for the tip, Google), and I don't think the quality of materials or comfort are as good as the Nordstrom version. But they just looked right with my outfits, so I made the switch.


Express Portofino Convertible Sleeve shirt black, brushed sateen hip zip ankle pant dusty moss, chevron metal stretch bracelet, nested bead necklace
Express Pieces:
Top: Portofino Convertible Sleeve Shirt in Black
Pants: Brushed Sateen Hip Zip Ankle Pant
Bracelet: Chevron Metal Stretch Bracelet
Necklace: Nested Bead Necklace

Other:
Shoes: Old, Similar-ish
Belt: Target
Watch: Fossil

Express Studio Stretch One Button Jacket, Bateau neck zip shoulder tee, stripe infinity scarf, abstract scroll hinge bracelet, target kailey boot, booties, H&M maroon coated jeans
Express Pieces:
Blazer: Studio Stretch Jacket
Tee: Bateau Neck Zip Shoulder Tee
Scarf: Sold out, Similar current Express Options Here and Here
Bracelet: Abstract Scroll Hinge Bracelet

Other:
Pants: H&M, Similar
Belt: Target
Booties: Target


Express tan blazer, sexy stretch leggings, Target tunic cami, Fossil rose gold watch, Forever 21 tassel necklace, C Label Hudson flats
Express Pieces:
Blazer: Old, Current from ExpressSimilar, Similar, Similar
Leggings: Sexy Stretch Leggings

Other:
Necklace: Forever 21, Similar at F21, Similar at Express
Tunic Cami: Target (lots of colors and very long)
Watch: Fossil
Bracelet: Sage K & Co via Etsy 
Flats: Amazon


Express Portofino Convertible Sleeve shirt white, Stella railroad stripe ankle jean legging, Target Kailey boots, bootie, Express faceted stone necklace, pave accented curb chain bracelet
Express Pieces:
Top: Portofino Convertible Sleeve Shirt in White
Jeans: Stella Railroad Stripe Ankle Jean Legging
Necklace: Faceted Stone Necklace
Bracelet: Pavé Toggle Bracelet

Other:
Belt: Target
Booties: Target


Express pieced chiffon convertible sleeve portofino shirt liquid gray, brushed sateen hip zip ankle pants black, Three Row Pave Triangle necklace, Pave accented curb chain bracelet, nine west black boots
Express Pieces:
Top: Pieced Chiffon Portofino Shirt in Liquid Grey
Pants: Brushed Sateen Hip Zip Ankle Pant
Bracelet: Pavé Toggle Bracelet
Necklace: Three Row Pave Triangle Necklace

Other:
Boots: Nine West (old), Current Similar 
Belt: Target

And there you have it my friends and doubters! A snapshot of the things I really, truly wear. (Please note that no carpet was harmed in the taking of these photos. I wiped off all my shoes with baby wipes prior to wearing them.)

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll add your link to your recent post below for Manic Monday!


Linkup Button



We'd love to have YOU link-up with us for Manic Monday.

Here are the simple guidelines:

1. Click below to add a link to your recent post. Any topic is fine!

2. Please make sure your post has links back to both More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express.

3. It would be very cool if you followed along with us via the social media platform of your choice (Bloglovin, Pinterest, Twitter etc.), but as long you link back to the hosts it's all good. 

Thanks for linking up!
More Pieces of Me        

Linking up today with: Mix it Monday (you'll notice several items repeated in the photos above, especially my Target Belt, Booties, and Pavé Embellished Status Link Bracelet), Monday Must HavesFunday MondayMingle MondayStyle Elixir, Monday Morning Gossip, Marvelous Monday, Love Your Look, Trend Spin Tuesday

CONVERSATION

53 comments:

  1. OMG! My head is going to explode from all this goodness!!! I love your execution of all your Express goodies! Sorry the Nordies booties didn't work after all, but I certainly agree that the look of the Express pair are more edgy casual which is what I am sensing your style is! If you put a gun to my head, I would pick the wine skinnies, black blazer, black/white scarf - but I could honestly and truly wear every one of these in their entirety! Eeeeee!!! Thanks for appeasing us :)
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank YOU for the motivation! It's outside my comfort zone but I think it was solid advice. :)

      Delete
  2. You are rocking all those looks.....so sexy & so slim!!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebecca. You're too kind. :)

      Delete
  3. Love ALL your outfits. If I have to pick one, the 2nd outfit is definitely my most favorite. Love those booties. They look so chic on you. Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Syndey! I have been loving them too. I didn't "get" peep toe booties before, but now I'm a big fan!

      Delete
  4. Woo hoo - love seeing your outfit pics - no wonder you're such a fan of Express, their clothes suit you so well! Especially love the blazer outfits and the one with the classic white Portofino.

    And great idea picking up the same pieces in different colors and mixing and matching - great formula :-)

    MY BLOG: ♥♥♥ Ella Pretty ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Means a lot coming from you. :) The white portofino was my most recent addition and I can't believe I waited so long! I really love it.

      Delete
  5. I'm loving all the outfits. OMG, you shop there too?!?! haha! It's ok to continue with how you style your OOTD, even if you think they are redundant. I do the same thing because it's who I am, and it's my style. If we dressed like each other it would be a boring world.

    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go figure, right? hee hee. And thanks for the supportive words about my style redundancy. I'm okay with it in real life, it was just a different step for me to broadcast it on the internet!

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you shared your outfits - you dress so cute! And I love those peep toe booties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashley! I really appreciate the support. :)

      Delete
  7. That is QUITE the killer haul, lady! Love it!
    Happy Monday! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) Just to be clear this is not stuff I just went out and bought in one fell swoop!

      Delete
  8. You are super stylish! It's hard to pick a favorite but I think I love the ones where you pair the blazer with the skinny jeans - they're infinitely chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you liked the outfit and thanks for stopping by & commenting. :)

      Delete
  9. These outfits are stylish! I LOVE them!!!

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janise! I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  10. Love the looks that you styled. Great job.

    Love,
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always awesome to see how real people wear the items they buy or that you see online. Thanks for sharing! Also, I loved your previous post with your resolutions for Express :-) I agree!!

    P.S. Found you via Fizz & Frosting's Mix It link-up. Also, I'd love to follow you on Twitter but Twitter says it can't find your username!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the so much for the nice comments Erin! And thanks for letting me know about the Twitter issue! I have updated it so it should be correct now! :)

      Delete
  12. You have the most adorable style! Thanks for linking up for MMG. I'll have to join you for yours as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by from the linkup and thanks for the nice comments! :)

      Delete
  13. I find your styling to be anything but boring! I am really loving the second outfit that you put together! I need to add a pair of open toe booties to my closet asap! Once again, a great post!!

    Erica
    www.casuallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for thinking I'm not boring. :) That means a lot. I am new to peep toe booties this year (er, technically last year) but sorry I waited so long!

      Delete
  14. I life these outfits. But I feel the same; my clothes aren't from any luxurious places. And I can never remember where I got them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can usually remember where I got stuff since I don't shop at very many places...mostly Express. :) And I'm okay with stuff not being luxurious as long as it flatters!

      Delete
  15. WOW, so many great looks! I really like the chiffon top in Wine. I might need to pick that up for myself!! ;) Thanks for linking up with Mix it Mondays and sharing all this great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren! And you would definitely not regret getting a Portofino...in any color!

      Delete
  16. Hi lovely. Just found this super fun link up, so many fabulous looks here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comments and glad you found the linkup!

      Delete
  17. Love all of these outfits. The Portofino top is so versatile!

    Tracy @Its Mostly About Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the Portofino! Thanks so much for stopping by Tracy!

      Delete
  18. haha you're just like my best friend tom- once he finds something he likes he just buys 12 other near duplicates of it. all your outfits are really cute though! my favorite one is with the big scarf and blazer!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of this Tom person....For the most part people in real life don't notice my dressing habits. Broadcasting them on the internet though....different story!

      Delete
  19. You look amazing! I love the zippered ankle pants. I tend to wear the same outfits in different colors over and over again too. Oh well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the nice comments Sage! I am okay with my repetitive outfits too. :) No one really notices in real life.

      Delete
  20. I love your style! It's so effortless and very chic! I love how you mix your pieces, nothing wrong with repetitive, it just means it is a great investment!!! My fave is the outfit with the peep toe booties :) Thanks for hosting such a fun link-up!
    xo
    Monica
    http://glamvolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comments, Monica! I really appreciate it. And I'm always glad to have YOU participate in the linkup! :)

      Delete
  21. Thank you for sharing these! You always look so polished and put together. I love your choice of accessories as well. Question about the Express leggings - My store never has them in stock, so I haven't been able to try them on. How does the sizing run? Pretty true to size??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much. :) Means a lot coming from you and I'm always glad to have you visit. :) As far as the leggings, yes, definitely true to size! Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen these in a store, either. I think the size chart should be a pretty accurate guide.

      Delete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So happy to see this! Your outfits are all so cute! You wear booties very well :) I find them tricky to pull off sometimes, the cut of them really determines whether or not they will work depending on your preference. Yours are all great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle! So glad you liked the outfits and you are so right about booties! They can definitely take some trial and error!

      Delete
  24. Hey there! Wow, love to see 95% of you...it's like catching a glimpse of the lochness monster...lol :) You should totally do more outfit posts (if you feel like it)....you've got great style! Love all the boots, leggins and skinny jeans, and I also shop in the department of redundancy...there's nothing wrong with that. If it's good in one color...it's good in 5 or 7! :)
    Take Care! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loch ness monster?! Ha ha ha. I will definitely take the outfit posts suggestion into consideration. :)

      Delete
  25. I post a lot of outfits....but I also weawr the same thing A LOT. My blog is deceptive...haha.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that's too funny. I feel like it's something people wouldn't notice in real life as much as on a blog where the evidence is right there!

      Delete
  26. I need to go shopping with you!! I'm loving the black and white sweater and those ankle pants. All great looks. Thanks for linking up.

    Elizabeth
    elizabethnygard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all for a shopping trip! Thanks so much for the nice comments and for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!