1/24/14

Features & Favorites 1/24/14

|
This week was a relatively quiet one for new Express product sightings in the blog world, but since there is a MAJOR sale going on at Express through Monday (everything is 40% off!), of course I still have plenty to say.

First up: the one product from Express that gets the very most reader interest: The (Minus the) Leather Moto Jacket. Why? Because it looks great and is incredibly versatile. But at full price ($118) I think the cost can be a little prohibitive to many budgets. However, at 40% off most options are under $75, which is a lot more reasonable.

I shared my collection of jackets in this post, and I am pulling a few photos from memory lane (a.k.a. this post) to refresh your memory on its popularity and give a second look to some of my favorite outfits from the past.

Celebrities in (Minus) the Leather Moto Jackets:
celebrities in express minus the leather moto jacket
L-R: Carrie Underwood:  Current Version ; Camilla Belle: Same JacketKristen Bell: Current Version

express on TV, express clothes as seen on TV, minus the leather moto jacket
L-R: Nine Lives of Chloe King: Same Jacket; Vampire Diaries: Same Jacket  (Try Sand or Butterscotch for the same look)

Bloggers in (Minus the) Leather Moto Jackets:
express minus the leather moto jacket, outfit ideas, with scarf, with skirt
L-R: Lindsay J Everyday in this versionLeopard Martini in ButterscotchSydne Style in this version

The second most popular reader item lately has been the Faux Fur Looped Scarf. Originally this came in three options, but now there's just one version left at Express. It's under $20 with the current sale, but if you were interested in some of the other colors I pulled some similar options from other retailers below. When I do this, I always try to keep them in the same price range as Express, so all of these are $30 and under.


And the final reader favorite lately is this Chevron Necklace I wore with my Scuba Leggings last week (view post here). At full price it's not exactly a bargain, but the current sale makes it under $20, which is definitely worth it to me. I've been reaching for this piece a lot lately!

Express chevron necklace, twill roll sleeve moto jacket, scuba leggings, runway bootie, peep toe bootie

I originally posted about purchasing the Cotton Anorak Jacket back in December, and had planned to do a more detailed follow up post in the near future. I honestly think it's priced a little high at full price ($98) compared to some competitor options. But I'm mentioning it now because it's quickly becoming a new favorite and it's more affordable with the sale. I wore it recently with the Leopard Infinity Scarf, Sexy Stretch Leggings, and Link Bracelet.

express cotton anorak jacket, military jacket, olive jacket, field jacket, utility jacket

Express shared this photo on Instagram, and I am loving this Striped Portofino shirt. I'm trying to tell myself that twelve is enough, but none of mine have stripes, so this is different, right? Plus...sale!! (Also shown with this necklace.)


So what was new on the blog scene this week? An of Haute Pink Pretty looking glam in her Sequin Embellished Crop Tee and midi skirt. Can I have her life filled with fabulous events, please? And by the way, her black sequin midi skirt seems to be sold out, but the silver version is still available.

express sequin top, sequin skirt

How about two sweaters for the price of one? I spotted (really...I don't even try with these puns) Kelly of Panache Lifestyle looking cute in the Neutral color version of the Reversible Leopard Jacquard Sweater .


express leopard sweater

Not sure if the cropped top trend is for you? Me either, but if you're at least curious about it you can check out a styling option for this Cropped Mixed Stitch Sweater  on Kelly's Kloset:



I'm also a little skeptical about the high waisted jeans trend, but Skye of The Shopaholic SAHM makes her High Rise Ankle Jean Legging look pretty hot with a nude sweater and great accessories.

express high waist jean leggings


And finally the chain accessory trend still seems to be going strong and Style Me Grasie wore her Express Flat Status Link Necklace this week.

express chain necklace, gold chain necklace


And since this post is called Features and Favorites, I'll wrap it up with one of my other favorites:


I was a Seattle resident up until July and my team loyalty hasn't changed as easily as my ZIP code. The Seahawks will have their work cut out for them with the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl, but it should be an exciting game! And if you're not familiar with the Seahawks and need a player to cheer for, might I suggest #89, Doug Baldwin on the right? Obviously this is based purely based on his looks athletic ability.

Linking up with:
What I'm Loving Friday
Friday's Fab Favorites
The Life of the Party 
Casual Friday
Favorite Fashion Friday
Passion for Fashion and Co-Host
Weekend Wind Down

CONVERSATION

35 comments:

  1. Okay, I am trying at all costs not to purchase another portofino but that striped one is seriously WAY TOO CUTE!! None of mine have stripes either... does that make it okay!?
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I think you definitely need the stripes version. Plus that color would look great on you. :) I think it would also be cute layered under one of your sweaters...

      Delete
  2. That moto jacket is fab! Thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Lena and thanks for hosting a great linkup!

      Delete
  3. Great, now I want the moto as well! :) Very cute!

    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need it and will not regret getting it!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely blog you have here dear :) and Im happy to follow ya.

    Check out my blog today...Best ways how to Glam-hack Ikea furniture:)'

    Have a fab weekend

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Maria! I'll be sure to check out your blog. :)

      Delete
  5. cool outerwear :D


    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my real life friends loved my moto jacket but her hubby did not have the vision for it so she passed. Finally she caved and got it and lovvvvves it! Yay! It really is awesome!
    And the anorak is awesome on you! I need to try that look with a camo jacket I have!
    Tempting as always. Sigh.
    Morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "her hubby did not have the vision for it" Does. Not. Compute. But of course she loves it!! Everyone who gets one loves it. :)

      Delete
  7. Yep, I've been lusting after a camel colored Minus the Leather Moto Jacket for awhile. But, I don't NEED more jackets so I keep passing.

    Also, I seriously debated buying the polka dot version of the reversible sweater this weekend but I already have a short-sleeved polka dot sweater so do I really need a long-sleeved version? (although, I'm guessing your answer is yes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'm not a default "yes" person. I do think it's important to evaluate what you already have and whether two things are too similar for it to be worth having both. But to me- short sleeves and long sleeves are different, even if the print is identical. It means you can easily re-create the same outfit for entirely different weather, so.....

      Delete
  8. Oh I didn't know my moto jacket was so popular w the celebs! I like how you styled your scarf I've only wore mine like once. I just did a big express haul! Ill have to post some pictures soon since Im loving all the new items I got :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Can't wait to see what you got Kelly! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  9. Fabulous post as always! Thank you so much for the feature! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Xx Kelly

    http://www.panache-lifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for dressing in a feature-worthy outfit, and thanks for the Twitter shout-out. :)

      Delete
  10. These are some great pieces, I love the statement necklaces and high waisted jeans - sorry showing my age. I will definitely be rooting for the Seahawks on SuperBowl Sunday. Thanks for linking up and sharing at #WWDParty - have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for hosting! Glad you'll be cheering for the hawks!

      Delete
  11. Great post showing all the styles! Express has sooo many cute things right now (umm...when don't they, Lol), but the 40% is great to get a few new items without having to wait for a sale!

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "when don't they..." EXACTLY! Thanks for stopping by Tracy!

      Delete
  12. You are invited to take part in OASAP giveaway! Don't even wait, you can win amazing clothing from that shop. It's really worth it, cause there is still not many people, so you've got a huge chance. All you need to do is click here: http://ayvinn.blogspot.com/2014/01/oasap-giveaway.html#comment-form

    Good luck! :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Baldwin plug & the Seahawks gear :) Go Hawks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. Just being honest! :) And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. That anorak jacket is great and such a classic piece! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really loving it! Thanks so much Caroline!

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG so lovely outfits :) thanks so much for sweet words.

    Check out my new post.....a decor crush on a fab Swedish appartment

    Have a great day dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would LOVE to find a nice leather jacket! My problem is finding one that fits well! Thanks for sharing and for linking up at the Weekend Wind-Down Party with us!!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You chose some fab looks as always! I've been crushing on so many Express jackets lately!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!