1/10/14

Features & Favorites 1/10/14

|
Images L-R: Cute & Little, Blah Blah Blonde, More Pieces of Me

Another week, another batch of Express products ready for Show & Tell!

Starting off with my featured looks, Kileen from Cute & Little is wearing the shirt to see and be seen in this week, The Convertible Sleeve Portofino Shirt. Her Portofino is the Neon Berry version, and why not start off the year by wearing the color of the year?

Express convertible sleeve portofino shirt, neon berry, pink, orchid

Erika of Blah Blah Blonde is a Miami blogger, and with temperatures in the 70s and 80s there you can see why she opted for the Sleeveless Portofino shirt this week. If you want to plan ahead for your spring and summer wardrobe, several colors of this shirt are on mega-clearance right now!

Express portofino shirt, black, sleeveless

Even though baseball season is over, the baseball jacket trend is far from it. Who better to wear it this week than die-hard baseball fan Carylee of More Pieces of Me?

Express perforated minus the leather bomber jacket, varsity jacket, baseball jacket

The Perforated (Minus the) Leather Bomber jacket moved to the top of my wishlist after seeing it on Carylee, so of course I sought out a little extra styling inspiration, and apparently this is a hot trend with celebrities:

Varsity jacket, bomber jacket, baseball jacket, Express jacket
(Go to HERE if you have no idea who these "celebrities" are. I could only name two...)

The people over at She Knows had some additional varsity jacket (as they called it) outfit ideas, and when I saw them, I immediately knew they'd be cake to re-create with Express pieces. So I subbed in the Express jacket for their choice and listed some other very similar shopping options from Express.

Option 1: Ultra Casual


Baseball jacket outfit idea, varsity jacket outfit, bomber jacket outfit, styling idea, how to wear

Jacket / Lace Back Sweatshirt / Ankle Rolled Destroyed Boyfriend Jean / Converse (Yeah...no. These are not available at Express. Although they do have a Canvas Sneaker.)

Option 2: Dressed Up


Now that it's 2014, my cardigan ban is officially over, and Skye keeps tempting me with this Marled Waffle Knit Cover UpShe first wore it in black, and that color option is currently sold out. But the Neutral Version has 16 out of 18 reviewers giving it 5 out of 5 stars, and it looks, well, neutral enough to go with just about anything.

Express Marled Waffle Knit Cover Up, Sweater, Cardigan, boyfriend cardigan, oversized

The Leopard Infinity Scarf was one of my 2013 Favorites, but I rarely get a chance to show the gray version of it. It just doesn't seem to be as popular as the original, but it's a must-have for black and white fans if you ask me! This week Brenna of Chic Street Style wore hers with lots of other Express goodies so be sure to check the outfit details on her blog.

Express gray leopard scarf, minus the leather jacket, sweater

Someone got their holiday sale loot this week, and now there are lots and lots of great products shown and reviewed over on My Superficial Endeavors, including the Crochet Trim Tee (which also comes in black and warm stone), and the Scuba Leggings as shown here:

Express crochet trim tee, tank, top, shirt, scuba leggings

I did say the Portofino Shirt was a hot item this week, so let's talk about the other places to see it and get styling ideas for colors you own (or want to own).
  • Jenna à La Mode is wearing hers in black
  • Sydne Style is wearing a mint-colored version that I think is the Cayman Blue version
  • All Dolled Up is wearing a Hot Pink version 
  • All color and print options available HERE. And...
Guess who's back? Heather's back. That's right, Heather Ford from Fox 5 San Diego totally shops at Express. I spotted her in the Oasis Green Portofino last month, and here she is again wearing the Mars Red version. If you want a successful broadcasting career in America's Finest City, it obviously helps to shop at Express. (Note: These claims have not been approved by the FCC, FDA, or anyone. But she looks good, right?)

Express convertible sleeve portofino shirt, red, mars red, on TV, news

I hope you found some fashion inspiration here and I hope to have you back on Monday for the kickoff of the Manic Monday linkup I'm co-hosting with More Pieces of Me.  You can link to any recent post, and then go on to embody the definition of manic by "showing wild and apparently deranged excitement and energy." Sounds crazy fun, so don't miss out!

Linking up with: Weekend Wind-DownFriday's Fab FavoritesCasual Friday Link UpFashion Item FridayFavorite Fashion Friday, and What I'm Loving

CONVERSATION

18 comments:

  1. Thanks DE for joining "Fashion item Friday" to display all of your 'items' in your post. That is awesome! Oh yes, my husband is definitely a 'keeper'. Actually, he "keeps" me in line. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Renae! You are too funny! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. :)

      Delete
  2. I the editor cropped pants and the portfolio shirts are my favorites from express! I have the portfolio shirt in about every color! I need to start wearing them more!

    http://lcbf441985.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You *DO* need to start wearing them so I can feature you here. :) Thanks so much for stopping by Lindsay!

      Delete
  3. You know it's been a long week when I've already forgotten I wore that jacket! I was literally surprised to see myself and thought- wow, that was only 3 days ago!
    I think I need Skye's cardigan. I've decided! And thanks for the inspiration on the jacket by the way! Seriously can't stop picturing it with leather bottoms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I love the newscaster express spotting!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh hey!! Thanks for featuring me. You know you rock!!! I'm a big cardigan fan. I love them as much as I love my skinny jeans.

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind. :) On Monday you'll be seeing exactly what kind of influence you have here!

      Delete
  5. Ugh whatever with that Miami blogger haha (do I sound bitter at all??). Being in Chicago, I don't even remember what sunshine feels like. And is that purple the new color of the year? Ooo I really love it, just imagine a full dress in that shade!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is the color of the year! It seems to be love it or hate it depending on how well it flatters your skintone. :)

      Delete
  6. Love the varsity jacket/baseball jacket look. Makes me want to get out my old varsity cheerleading jacket :)

    Be sure to stop by my blog today and enter to win a big Stitch Fix giveaway!
    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be hilarious- I'll be patiently waiting to see those pictures on your blog. ;)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the shoutout as usual... now that I look at it here, I am definitely falling over in that photo... LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by and honestly, I don't see falling over in that photo- it just looks like the camera angle to me.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for stopping and sharing this great outfit with us at #WWDParty. I hope you are enjoying the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by commenting, Antionette. And thanks for hosting a great linkup!

      Delete
  9. I love that neon berry color! I don't do a lot of bold colors, but that's one I REALLY like! Thanks for linking up with us at our Weekend Wind-Down Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love option 1! So stylish yet comfortable. perfect.

    Jamie Kate
    http://allaroundchekwa.blogspot.com
    Sweater Weather Giveaway! All Around Chekwa x Rosewholesale.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!