1/3/14

Favorites & Features: 1/3/14

|

With the new year, I felt like giving my Friday post some changes and updates. But not to worry, (and I'm sure you weren't...) it's not much different. I still plan to fill it with Express looks and information to give you ideas for your next online or in store shopping trip.

My first featured look this week is Brenna from Chic Street Style. She just returned from a semester abroad, and now that she's back to her full closet of clothes, I think we'll be seeing plenty of new goodies on her. In this look her her sweater (similar current), skirt and belt are all from Express, and you can go HERE to view the rest of the details in her look.



I'm starting to think I might be the only fashion blogger in America who doesn't own a fur vest (or any vest if we're going there), and this look by Jacqueline of Stylin' in St Louis makes me want one. Bad. Express doesn't have a vest like hers, but her top is from Express, and their current Voile Convertible Sleeve Tunic would work well for re-creating this look.


Kat always does classic looks so well and this one with a Dark Wash Denim Boyfriend Shirt  is no exception. Get the rest of her outfit details on With Love From Kat.


Celebrity Alert! Ish? I mean, I would definitely consider an NBA player a celebrity, but Men's Health is crediting Express for this sweater on Dwight Howard of the Houston Rockets. It does look very similar to the Plaited Colorblock Cardigan, but I suspect Dwight's version might be higher end, considering he's a legit baller and all.


Just before Christmas I had a few bloggers share their Express wishlist in this post. Two of them chose the same sweater, this Heart Jacquard Tunic Sweater. And this week I spotted it on A Spoonful of Style. By the way, prepare yourself to be a little perplexed by the color names with this one. Displayed below is "White."  The version of this sweater called "Black" is white...with black hearts. I had to do a double take.



Even though Express has an entire fitness wear lineMy Superficial Endeavors found that her Sexy Stretch Camo leggings can do double duty as workout wear. And if you made a resolution to get fit in the new year, her Weight Loss Journey is sure to inspire you.


New Year's Eve has come and gone, but if you're already suffering from sequin withdrawal syndrome, you can  view this pairing of a Sequin Embellished Cropped Tank and High Waist Sequined Midi Skirt on two different bloggers, Hapa Time and Clothes Horse NYC. (Hopefully they weren't invited to the same NYE party...that would be awkward.) And if you want to see the same skirt in black, go HERE to view it on Sydne Style.



Leopard Martini opted to skip the sequins for her New Year's Eve look including this Strapless Track Pant Jumpsuit and Short Faux Fur Looped Scarf.



And just before she kicks off a shopping ban for the first half of 2014, Skye added one more Convertible Sleeve Portofino Shirt in Chelsea Blue to her collection. Smart move, my friend!



YOUR FAVORITES:

I am always fascinated by the things that make people tick. I like it when bloggers share which of their looks are the most repinned or get the most inquiries, or when Pinterest shares their Top Pins of 2013. I'm still pretty much in the baby phase of blogging, but I did figure out how to get some analytics installed here. So in case you're interested in what's catching the eye of my readers, here are some of the things that got the most interest in the past few weeks (in no particular order):

1. (Minus the) Leather Moto Jackets:



2. Striped Side Slit Shaker Knit Sweater

Image source: Damsel in Dior

3. Multi-Function Chain Link Bracelet Watch



4. Tartan Plaid Portofino Shirt (on clearance for under $25. Kristin's actual version was available here for a cool $245.)

Kristin Cavallari- Express duplicate shirt

Faux fur looped scarf- Express version
Image Source: Pinterest

6. Bateau Neck Zip Shoulder Tee


In my post last Friday, the item that definitely got the most comments were the shoes in this look by Jessica of Bows & Sequins.


They're not even from Express, you traitors. Just kidding, I loved them too and I won't deny that only 5% of my shoes are from Express. Her exact pumps are from J Crew, and her color looks to be sold out. But they do have a few sizes left in the rose gold version and most sizes left in silver.

Out of curiosity I did a little searching to see if there were some similar options out there, and here are a few I found, listed by price from low to high. (By the way, thanks to those who left nice comments on this set when I accidentally posted it last night during creation!)

Metallic Bronze Shoe Options


1) Ivanka Trump  2) rsvp 3) Reiss (model is wearing this version) 4) Diesel

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your 2014 is off to a great start!

Linking up with: Friday's Fab FavoritesCasual Friday Link UpFashion Item Friday, Favorite Fashion Friday, and What I'm Loving

CONVERSATION

15 comments:

  1. Great post! A couple years a go when the faux vest from Zara made it's way around the blogOshere, I quickly bought one online (from the kid section - cheaper). It was hot and I loved the way it looked on everyone. Once I received it, tried it on, IT WAS NOT ME! So, it made it's way back and ended up in some cute little kid's closet, I'm sure. I'm constantly having to remind myself, "is it me?". I would love to see how you style a faux vest or any vest for that matter. I do recall myself rocking the vest look in the 90s. It seems that was pretty much what I wore. I had some great ones.

    Enjoy your day!
    ~xx Skye
    Formerly known as, until the Summer
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so smart to check the kids section! I would never think to do that. I think if I did buy one, I'd style it very similar to how Jacqueline wore hers here. But at this point I feel like stores are already rolling out spring styles and I'm just too late to the game. Plus, I live in a warm climate anyway, so...I don't think I'd get enough use out of it!

      Delete
    2. Yes, you'd use it, and yes, you need one! I agree though that they're pretty hard to find in a fit that is flattering. I bought one from nordstrom that is super soft and great, but it ONLY looks good zipped. I bought the black one from Express, and that one definitely fits better than my first. In general, I'm totally Team Vest this year!

      Delete
  2. I really like the white skirt with the black tights...I keep thinking I need to try that, but haven't as of yet...
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks really chic the way she styled it, doesn't it? I don't know if I would have thought of it myself but I really like it.

      Delete
  3. hi Daily Express. Many many options and inspiration here. Thank you for joining "Fashion item Friday". Your posts are very welcomed. Have an awesome weekend with your super fashion ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gina, you're making me want to shop lol! As if I ever don't feel like shopping ;) I love the bronze pumps. I loved the j crew pumps that Jessica from bows & sequins wore in her express post! I also have my eye on the Ivanka trump version too. I am in a shoe phase lately! I still would like some silvery mirrored ones as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a fur vest either, I've tried on several and have decided I look like a polar bear in them. I'll be placing my order for the rose gold J Crew heels because they are on MAJOR sale now. And they're so pretty :)

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK so many thoughts, where do I start? a) I always look forward to your posts. I can't just read them in the car, I have to wait until I'm in the comfort of my recliner where I can get lost in all your links and suggestions! b) i laughed out loud at all your ninja jokes in this one (legit baller, traitors (or was it traditions, hehe), same NYE party…) You crack me up, and I always love your writing! c) I just realized that if you added links to things non-Express more often, I would be even more screwed in terms of my wallet. You have great taste and I love all those shoe dupes!!
    Ok, I believe that's all. Carry on!
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the feature, you are too sweet!

    Xo Brenna
    www.chicstreetstyle.me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the feature, you are too sweet!

    Xo Brenna
    www.chicstreetstyle.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything you reviewed here. The first outfit is my absolutely favorite. I need that belt in my life =) Hope you had a great new year and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, if Express came out with a fur vest, I'd buy it in a heart beat (you aren't the only blogger not to have one).

    Arielle from Tangled Musings

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those J. Crew strappy pumps!!

    New follower *hearts*
    The Working Girl's Shoe Closet
    blog: www.workinggirlsshoecloset.com
    fb: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Working-Girls-Shoe-Closet/157318177643118
    twitter: WGsShoeCloset

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow such a lovely post! great job x

    I have an ongoing giveaway on my blog, please join! :) xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!