12/6/13

Style Inspirations 12/6/13

|
Assembling this week's list was a little bit challenging because a lot of current products were pretty much cleaned out between Black Friday and Cyber Monday! So even very recent items (a few bloggers mentioned getting their exact item on Black Friday) are not available right now. I'm still impatiently awaiting the things I ordered online, but I've enjoyed hearing from a few of you about your Big Sale hits & misses!

I always love a celebrity-in-Express appearance and this week I found this photo of Olivia Palermo wearing (allegedly) an Express Mesh Baseball Jacket. The photo is from June, but it's new to me and the product is still available, so here it is:

Olivia Palermo, Express mesh baseball jacket

Ella Pretty attended an event previewing some Spring/Summer 2014 Express items. She was kind enough to let me share her photos here, so here's a peek at some of the goodies she saw, but be sure to check out her blog for more great stuff from that event! I've started spotting some pastels in my local Express store, but it looks like more will be making its way there soon:

Express taupe booties, pink leopard scarf, blue pumps, polka dot sweater

The booties above look very similar to these Ankle Strap Heeled Booties, and at first I thought they were one in the same. But on further inspection, I can see that the spring booties have buckle straps and maybe a side cut-out? Either one looks like a great choice to me!

Express taupe ankle strap booties

More Pieces of Me had one of my most re-pinned looks this week with the Express necklace layering skills she featured in Part One of our Holiday Style Link-Up. Go check out her blog for details:

Express necklace, chain link necklace, long pendant, charm


Bows & Sequins is wearing a (Minus the Leather ) and Boiled Wool Jacket and Men's Plaid Scarf. (I also tried the blue version of this HERE.)


On Wednesday I talked about a fourth blogger wearing this striped sweater in olive...go check out Casually Styled to see how she wore it:


Haute Pink Pretty rocked this Quilted Mini (stock is running low on this one, too!):


Check out these Boucle Plaid Columnist Pants in a wear-to-work look on The Classy Cubicle:



Kileen from Cute & Little wore a Studded Black Sweater, similar to this one. Her exact version is currently available in two other colors grey and light sand (shown below) here:



Kelly's Kloset styled a complete look from Express featuring this Sleeveless Textured dress, which I'll be reviewing on Monday:

Kelly also did a segment on Despierta America styling three models in pencil skirts from Express, including this (Minus the) Leather Welt Pocket version:



Jenna a la Mode wore her Black Friday find...a similar Cowl Neck Asymmetrical Sweater.

The (Minus the) Leather Moto Jacket fan club has a new member this week! See how The Shopaholic SAHM styled her version. (And of course, I have to self-promote and tell you that you can find a lot of other ways to style this jacket HERE.)



And the Pantone Color of the Year for 2014 was announced yesterday: Radiant Orchid.
I'd say Express is definitely ready for this 2014 trend. You might recall the Wild Orchid Portofino I wore, and they have other options in this color including the Bateau Neck Sheer Stripe Sweater.

Express wild orchid portofino shirt, blouse, top

More Pieces of Me is also on board with the 2014 color of the year, wearing the same Wild Orchid Portofino, along with one of her Black Friday finds, this Plaid Coat :


From now through Sunday you can get $25 off $75 at Express with Code 9601 and there are several categories on sale: select Sweaters are 40% off, Outerwear is 30% off, and Dresses are 30% off, so you can definitely find some great deals. Have a great weekend and see you Monday for my Holiday Dress review!

Linking up with Simply Easy Style today.

CONVERSATION

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the jacket on the pieces of me layering necklaces look. Great mix of info in this post. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.
    ~Ellen
    www.everydayfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so for the nice comments and thanks for stopping by Ellen!

      Delete
  2. I seriously spent about an hour trying to get through reading this post because I kept getting distracted by all the pretties and all the blogs you linked to! Who needs bloglovin when I can find awesome looks through you!
    I can't wait to read your review on the textured dress! I am soo tempted to buy it but trying to stick by my ban! And the mesh baseball jacket - that's amazing! How have I not seen that yet? And dang it I need a men's scarf. My wishlist keeps growing. Sigh
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And I am extra impressed that you caught my plaid coat in there already!! You're fast, woman!

      Delete
    2. I do my best!! :) And it is amazing how many new things I see every week. I feel like I'm on express.com nonstop and know every product, but every week there's a surprise!

      Delete
  3. She IS fast! Way to go on such an impressive blog update!! Thanks again for featuring me. You are pretty fab!! I just got back from my local Express and have a few goodies I'll be adding to my blog next week.
    ~xx Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I always stalk my favorite blogs!! I cannot wait to see your new goodies. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow so much great information! I love so many of these pieces. The quilted skirt is my favourite.
    Happy Friday, enjoy your week-end.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by and found something useful! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for linking to me with my preview pics! You're right - the 2 ankle booties are quite similar in coloring and style.

    Love the orchid portofino shirt - looks gorgeous paired with white jeans.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!