12/27/13

Style Inspirations 12/27/13

|

express metallic jacquard fit and flare dress, quilted sweatshirt, trapunto leggings, tartan plaid top, scuba leggings, contrast piping convertible sleeve portofino shirt

If you'd like a little background music while you're reading here today to make it feel like you're actually shopping in an Express store, try THISThe link takes you to Express Radio, which lets you listen to the exact music they play in stores. I lasted about five minutes on it while trying to compose this post. Good tunes for shopping, not as conducive to complete sentences and accurate spelling!

But now that we've got the mood music going, let's talk about my fabulous featured looks this week. This Metallic Jacquard Fit & Flare Dress should look familiar to my regular readers (see review and fit notes HERE), but I loved seeing it styled on the streets of New York by Bows & Sequins. Plus, I had a reader question not long ago about what shoes to pair with this, and I think this bronze metallic pair she chose is so cool and unique.



A comfy sweatshirt that looks polished and stylish? Winning! I loved this entire look with the Quilted (Minus the) Leather Sweatshirt and Trapunto Leggings (color availability on both may vary) on More Pieces of Me. And be sure to check her blog for details on a custom scarf like hers.

 photo quiltedsweatshirtleggings_zps1b908faf.jpg

Sherry of The Life of the Party was edgy-glam holiday ready (even if the weather outside her home in Hawaii was ready for Spring Break) in her Tartan Plaid Top and Mesh Inset Scuba Leggings.

 photo Express-Tartan-678x1024_zpsaf46da6c.jpg

Three times in one week on my blog for this Contrast Piping Portofino! I'm glad to see it has some other fans, and I love how Amelia of Clothes Horse NYC styled hers with distressed jeans and some great black heels. I'll be re-creating this look STAT.


Skye of  The Shopaholic SAHM showed the versatility of her Striped Zip Back Tee by styling it with four different blazers. You can check out the options on her blog and let her know your favorite!

 photo stripedzipbacktop_zps8483b45c.jpg

Okay, so the Zara plaid scarf dupe (at a bargain price) sort of steals the show in this look on More Pieces of Me, but I do spy a couple of my 2013 Express Favorites here as well. Namely the the Convertible Sleeve Portofino Shirt and Stella Destroyed Jean Legging:



Adriana of Leopard Martini looked festive in her Dotted Mesh Sleeve Raglan Skater Dress(I also thought it was interesting how much more of a flared skater skirt this dress had in her photos vs. the stock photo. Something worth noting if you have your eyes on this!)

 photo dottedmeshraglansleeve_zps7e8a2c09.png


Ashley of LeStylo Rouge perfectly winterized her Mock Neck Ruched Sweater Dress with a fur vest, sweater and boots.

 photo mockneckruched_zps4e279ef2.png

If Express made this Double Chain Tassel Y Necklace in silver, I would be sold. For now it's only available in gold, and you can see how Kileen of Cute & Little wore hers.

 photo doublechaintasselynecklace_zps6ea32e52.png

My Superficial Endeavors bought this Slub Knit Two Pocket Shirt during the 50% off sale and it's causing her to reconsider her loyalty to the Portofino. Considering how well it fits and flatters her, I can be understanding of her opinion. Plus, I appreciated all of her detailed product reviews in that post and this one as well.

 photo slubknittwopocket_zpscc71fdcb.png

And this Sleeveless Textured Striped Dress continues to get blog love this week, this time on The Chiffon Diary.

 photo sleevelesstexturedstriped_zps08e0f74b.png

Darcy from A Memory of Us  wore her Graduated Spike Necklace this week, and if you don't recognize the actress below (because I didn't either!), you can read my previous post to find out the "as seen on TV" details of this piece.



When possible, I like to share a little something from the WTF File. So for those days when you want to channel your inner Lady Gaga, I present the Mesh Sleeve Thong Bodysuit. (And don't go looking for a back view of this, you pervs. There isn't one. Don't ask me how I know...)

 photo meshthongbodysuit_zpsb206c887.png

Linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites, Casual Friday Link Up, Fashion Item Friday and What I'm Loving

CONVERSATION

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's a great photo of a gorgeous dress, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Nice roundup of photos! I'm off to Bows and Sequins to see where she got those shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Merrie! And yes, I would never have thought of those shoes with the dress but they are fabulous.

      Delete
  3. I love the blue dress in the first photo =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Corinne! Glad you found a little fashion inspiration here.

      Delete
  4. Many great ensembles here. You loaned me many fun concepts and ideas. Thanks a bunch. And ...thank you for joining "Fashion item Friday" {FiF} lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Renae! Glad I could inspire you, and thanks for hosting the linkup today!

      Delete
  5. Visiting from Style Elixir Fab Friday! Great inspirations here today! I loved the blue dress & bronze heels from Bows & Sequins too! I need those shoes :)

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabulous ladies......love the bronze heels of Bows & Sequins!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The back view comment made me laugh out loud, literally! So awesome! That dotted mesh sleeve dress didn't do much for me until you shared that link of it on Adriana. Hmm, decisions, decisions. And I'm kind of wondering how that tassel necklace is not in my collection yet. Why why why do I come read your blog?!
    Because I <3 you, obvi.
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad you get my humor. :) And you visit my blog because I make your shopping decisions more informed, of course!

      Delete
  8. I love all of the inspiration you've pulled! These ladies all have such different types of styles, but the all work so well.

    The blue dress is my favourite though. It's stunning!

    xoxo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to see what different people choose in the same store and how they put it together, isn't it?

      Delete
  9. I love all of these looks! These are fabulous! That sweater dress is perfect!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Jacqueline and glad you saw something you liked!

      Delete
  10. There is a lot of great style in this post. I will have to check out these other bloggers ;)

    xo,
    miranda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found some style inspirations here, Miranda!

      Delete
  11. Loving the statement necklaces.

    Happy New Year and many blessings!
    Love,
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for featuring me and sorry for the delay. Craziness is happening all around. Happy NYE!!!

    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for including me:) LOVE Express and all of these looks are so inspiring.
    Sherry
    www.thelifeofthepartyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!