12/20/13

Style Inspirations 12/20/13

|

(Photo Credits L-R: Panache LifestyleBeautygirl24, DailyMail, Cort in Session)

Another week, another round of fabulous looks brought to you buy bloggers wearing great pieces from Express. On Wednesday I promised a big list of looks for your visual and shopping enjoyment, and here it is.

Up first, the celebrity sighting! My opening photo features Victoria Justice sitting on Santa's lap wearing this Express studded sweater:  Victoria Who? She's a celebrity, I promise. See her IMDB page here. (That Santa looks mighty happy, I might add.) And for my fitting room review of this sweater go HERE.


Moving on to the other images in the opening, Cortney of Cort in Session wore this Plaid and Leopard Scarf (two trends in one- ooh la la!) as the perfect accessory to her red Express dress. Her exact dress is not online, but you could try this or this similar option from Express to create her look.


Kelly from Panache Lifestyle joined our Holiday Link-up this week and I was thrilled to see she's an Express shopper. I loved her look in this (Minus the) Leather Fit & Flare Skirt.


And Noelle of Beautygirl24 dressed up her Portofino Dress for a holiday party with great accessories and killer shoes. (You can see my fit notes for this dress HERE.)

I wouldn't have expected this Sequin Mini Skirt to work for daytime, but I was proven wrong by the styling option show here on More Pieces of Me. (Want to see another daytime look with this skirt? See it styled on Penny Chic as well.)


Speaking of Penny Chic, you can enter her $200 Express giveaway this week and check out her sexy New Year's Eve look with a Mesh Detail Sheath Dress (try saying that ten times fast), Cobalt Pumps, and Spike Necklace.


Leopard Martini had another great holiday dress that she wore with a faux fur looped scarf.


You might recall this striped dress from my Holiday Dress Reviews and some past Style Inspirations posts. Well, it has a new fan this week, and you can check it our here on Hi, Sugarplum.


Need a more casual striped dress? You can try this sequin stripe dress similar to the one worn here on More Pieces of Me.


If you want a festive fit and flare dress from Express like Elizabeth Nygard is wearing, you might like this similar Mesh Inset Pin Dot Dress:


You can try your hand (ah, the jokes never end) at winning a pair of these Suede Cuff Zip Gloves over on Blah Blah Blonde:

LeStylo Rouge gave us her take on the classic jeans + white shirt look with her fitted long sleeve shirt:


If you haven't had a chance to check out some Christmas lights in real life, you can go for a little virtual stroll on Patti Cake and see how she used a belt similar to this Wide Stretch Belt as the finishing touch to her holiday dress.


On the first week of the Holiday Style Link up I showed some celebrity-inspired holiday looks via Express, including this copycat of Kristin Cavallari. Then this week Abby of All Dolled Up put together a very similar outfit including this exact Tartan Plaid Convertible Portofino.

Kristin's Look: Tartan Plaid Convertible Portofino , Stella Extreme Stretch Jean LeggingSuede Studded Pointed Toe Runway Pump,  Stud and Rhinestone Embellished SatchelGeometric Cut Out RingEssie Ballet Slippers (One of Kristin's favorite shades.)

Kristin Cavallari- Express outfit duplicate, copycat look, plaid shirt, black skinnies




















And Naturally, we can't have a week go by without someone wearing the best shirt in America* (*according to me and lots of other bloggers).  This week I spotted Darcy of A Memory of Us wearing her white Portofino Shirt with Scuba Leggings (and she wore her polka dot version HERE).


Do you know who else loves the Portofino shirt? People on TV. You can be sure I noticed that my local news reporter on the right was definitely wearing a Portofino shirt the other day. I think it's the Oasis Green color. (It's not strange at all to take pictures of people on your TV to post about their clothes on the internet. Nope, not at all.)


If you have somehow missed the email, EVERYTHING is 50% off at Express right now. This is like Surprise Black Friday Part 2 (no details on how long it will last!). I was supposed to be on a no-shopping until the New Year ban, but I caved and ordered myself this Cotton Anorak Jacket (it also comes in olive). I have looked for a perfect version of this since the beginning of fall and failed to find it, so I'm crossing my fingers that this is The One.


Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites, Favorite Fashion Friday, and What I'm Loving

CONVERSATION

13 comments:

  1. Your reviews and notes are always spot on Gina! You're so detailed, and I know your readers appreciate that! Thanks for posting my express dress! I love the versatility of the portofino dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Noelle! That's about the best compliment you could give me. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Express! These are all fabulous looks....great picks. I'm wearing Express on the Fashion Informant this week. Can't get enough of that store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip on your Express look. I will be sure to include it in my round-up next week!

      Delete
  3. Every time I view your post, I find myself at Express the next day. Thanks for this...I'm just hoping they hurry and bring in the Spring line. They are slowly displaying next season's clothes. I love that about Express, they are always a season ahead of the game.

    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local store had lots of spring stuff coming in (pastel pinks and blues and all kinds of prints...hearts, dragonflies, etc.) so you may be in luck. And the influences work both ways, just so you know! I took your word on the Sexy Stretch Leggings and you were SO right!

      Delete
  4. Haha - I agree with Skye up there! It's like I love reading your posts, but it takes all my strength not to immediately shop right after!! And it amazes me how fast you pull my looks! You're the wind beneath my wings.
    Ok, so my most lusted piece in this post - I would like to wear that mesh inset pin dot dress with the faux fur scarf! So I cheated and picked two…
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weren't you just saying you didn't know what to spend your rewards $$ on? Hopefully we solved that problem today!

      Delete
  5. Love the inspirations! Thanks for sharing :) Visiting from the Favorite Fashion Friday Link up!

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the features and so glad to have found each other through the link up!

      Delete
  6. Wow.... excellent vibrant colors.
    Have to stop myself from heading out to shop.
    Follow each other?? GFC and Bloglovin.
    Do follow and i'll will follow you right back! ^_^
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - so many amazing outfits and pieces to get some inspiration from! I'm loving that LBD. Perfect for the holidays!

    xoxo Jackie
    SomethingAboutThat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great look! Love especially Cortney's look in the Express red dress. The plaid/leopard scarf is really amazing.

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!