12/13/13

Style Inspirations 12/13/13

|
(L-R: Haute Pink Pretty, Denim & Dots, Shopaholic SAHM, More Pieces of Me)

Welcome to my weekly round-up of current Express fashion features from around the web, a.k.a. the Wishlist Creator! I also like to throw in a little bit of product news and sale info, and I think this is a good day to do that because:

This sale came at a great time for me because the dust has settled from my Black Friday/Cyber Monday hits and misses, and I was happy to have a second chance to get a great deal on some things that I passed on or weren't even out yet, like this Anchor Print Portofino:

On Wednesday, I was in Target and the girl in line behind me was wearing a really cute anchor print blouse. I complimented her on it, and she told me it was from there (Target), but from last year. Boo. But less than a day later I got the email about this sale and was looking for a different Portofino (inspired by someone below...) when I stumbled on this one. I don't even sail or know why I'm drawn to something nautical right now, but it's on its way to me.

Moving on to the Express looks featured above this week Haute Pink Pretty wore a (Minus the Leather) flare mini and leopard booties (c/o) Express.


Denim & Dots put together two holiday party-ready looks with her Express Sweaters.  On the left is a Cowl Neck Sweater and on the right she's wearing the Rhinestud Sleeve Sweater. You can also see a black version of the Rhinestud sweater here on All Dolled Up.


For a second opinion on the cowl neck sweater above (plus some other Express hits and misses), check this post from the Shopaholic SAHM. And go HERE to get the details on this featured look from her, including the Marled Knit Waffle Cover Up and Portofino Shirt. (This is the outfit that made me realize I don't have a plain white Portofino...and that needed to change.) She had a second great Express-laden look HERE with a black Portofino, Leggings, and Reversible Love Infinity Scarf.



More Pieces of Me wore some of my personal favorite pieces this week, including the leopard infinity scarf (this one sells out frequently, but check back often because it seems to be a staple that they restock) and the Zippered Marled Boucle Mini. To see complete details of the outfit with the scarf, go HERE, and for the mini skirt outfit go HERE.



Kelly's Kloset featured this Cropped Marled and Striped Sweater:



Simple Easy Style created a dressy-casual look with this Express Sequin Mini Skirt:



The Classy Cubicle bundled up in this Drop Double Breasted Coat:


Beautygirl 24 dressed up a similar Express blouse for date night:



Life Unrefined put together a leather & lace look with her Embroidered Lace top.



Mix and Match Fashion styled her similar Express gray pencil skirt for work:


Also, worth noting: if you're heading on vacation sometime soon: Express has a small collection of swimwear out now. I was very tempted to order something from this line because at 40%, the pieces are under $20 each and eventually I'll get some good use out of it. However, you cannot return in store and I don't like having to wait for mail returns. Plus, swimwear sizing is pretty tricky for me (as I'm sure it is for most) so I held off. But if you want to check out some of the pieces available go HERE.


And sometimes when I'm making these lists I see things on Express.com that I just have to share. For instance these Boyfriend Overalls. For one thing, are we doing this again? (I definitely am not.) For another thing, why were they classified under dresses? Final words to ponder....



Linking up with Fab Favorites, What I'm Loving Fridays, Simple Easy Style

CONVERSATION

14 comments:

  1. I'm so pumped about the 40% off this weekend. I really wanted to snag up a sequin pencil skirt on black friday and the store didn't have them. Here's hoping I can find one this weekend!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darcy! My store hasn't received any new shipments since Black Friday, which I think is kind of odd/ridiculous! You'd think they would need to restock after such a major sale. I hope you have better luck! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with the flared skirt! I wonder how that would suit me though as I'm pear shaped and lots of volume might add pounds! It's really pretty though, I love that type of shape on others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think you could totally wear that! You look fabulous in skirts in general, but maybe you just always pick the right ones to wear on your blog. :)

      Delete
  3. You crack me up! That overalls bit was hilarious. And I'm with you in that I am not going there. I just can't. I truly didn't think about the white portofino until now either! Dang! I love the way she styled it! Great compilation of looks - good job and thanks for the feature!
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, her look sold me on the white portofino! And overalls...eeesh. Maybe for the under 20 crowd? And well, I'm not in that age group anymore!

      Delete
  4. Ladies, how do you not think of white first? That is always my first purchase. You build from that. Or at least I do. I'm sooooo honored to be featured on this fabulous post. Thank you so much!!! ~xx Skye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you and thanks for enabling my white portofino purchase. I always start with BLACK...that's why I don't have white. I have a white one....with a black trim. Hehe. :)

      Delete
  5. Love the sequined mini skirt! I tried the lace blouse at the store but it just didn't look that good on me so I passed!

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Janise. I envy it every time I see it on another blogger, but it really wasn't a good fit for me. Not enough stretch and a little too short in the torso. But so pretty on others!

      Delete
  6. Yeah I am definitely not doing the overalls thing again, once in this lifetime was enough! and I have the pictures to prove it UG!

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I will be patiently waiting for those pictures to show up on your blog. :)

      Delete
  7. Big fan of express too! Love that they have lots of fashionable but reasonably priced items :)

    Abby
    Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Abby, their prices look high on the tag sometimes, but the sales and coupons are constant, so it's really pretty reasonable!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!