12/16/13

Star-Style Holiday Travel Looks

|
Holiday Travel

For most celebrities, regular travel is just part of their job description. My guess is that they get pretty good at knowing what to pack and what to wear for comfort and convenience when they travel. So for week three of the Holiday Style Linkup Series that I'm hosting with More Pieces of Me,  I'm bringing you a second round of celebrity-inspired looks with a one-stop shopping trip to Express. 


All of these looks are taken from photos of celebs coming in and out of airports to capture their authentic travel style. The most predominant celebrity airport look I found was the one shown by Rosie Huntington Whitely: leggings + tee/tank + oversized cardigan and either boots or flats. I also noticed that they rarely wore any jewelry other than wedding rings and watches, so unfortunately there aren't too many fun accessories this week, but on the plus side, all of the looks are pretty easy and affordable to duplicate. 

But rather than show four different variations on that theme, I chose a variety styling options from jeans and a sweatshirt (like Carrie Underwood) to even the most impractical airport look for those who just want to use the concourse for their runway, courtesy of Kate Beckinsale. (I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to do all that walking in stiletto heels or remove lace up boots at the security checkpoint!)

Rosie Huntington Whitely:


Rosie Huntington Whitely- Express Travel look

Shop Rosie's Look: Space Dyed Alpaca Blend Sweater CoatV-Neck Rolled Sleeve Slub TeeSexy Stretch LeggingsDouble Buckle BootieStudded Fold Over Shoulder BagKeyhole Bridge Round Sunglasses

Carrie Underwood:


Carrie Underwood- Express Travel look

Shop Carrie's Look: Rhinestone Sweatshirt (you can't really tell from the stock photo, but yes, it has rhinestones), Stella Destroyed Jean LeggingCrinkle Round Toe Ballet FlatsExpress Hardware Tote

Charlize Theron:


Charlize Travel- Express look

Shop Charlize's Look: Striped Cover UpInfinity ScarfBateau Neck Marled TeeStella Jean LeggingsSide Zip Midi BootTextured Bowler BagStudded Top Wayfarer Style Sunglasses

Kate Beckinsale:


Kate Beckinsale- Express duplicate travel outfit

Shop Kate's Look: Cropped Faux Chinchilla CoatDeep V Cut Out BlouseScuba Front Legging,  Oversized Cateye Chain Link Arm SunglassesStitched Chain SatchelOpen Toe Mixed Media Runway Bootie

I hope everyone has safe travels this holiday season, and be sure to check out the links below for more travel looks and styles of the season!

Linkup Button



Link-up Guidelines:
1. Go to a HOST page (More Pieces of Me or On the Daily Express) and click "Add My Link" at the end of our first post. Make sure your link is for your actual post and not your blog's home page. Even though this is Holiday Style themed, we do welcome all fashion and holiday related posts as long as the participation guidelines are followed.

2) Be sure that your post links back to at least one host (preferably both!). You can use a button on your blog or the link-up language of your choosing in your post, but please find a way to inform your readers of your participation in the Holiday Style Link Up in order to benefit all participants. In the spirit of the holidays we want to help each other grow, find new friends and readers, and share our love for fashion and festivities.


3) Please follow More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express on Bloglovin'

4) After you post your link we hope you'll go check out other participants in the series and spread some holiday cheer with your comments and feedback!

Check out our favorites:

More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express collaborated  to choose our favorite looks from last week's Formal/Semi-Formal Party theme! If you missed them, please be sure you check them out!



Next Week: 
The theme is Holiday Traditions! Do you wear new pajamas every Christmas Eve? Did you get up at 3 AM on Black Friday to go shopping?  Maybe you have a favorite recipe you make at this time every year. Share your favorite holiday tradition with us, whether it's through your personal style or just your lifestyle, we want to hear about it.

More Pieces of Me        

Linking up with Style ElixirYour Beauty Fix Mag, Elizabeth Nygard and The Style Record

All of these looks are Pin-spired, of course, so today I'm linking up with Pinterest Told Me To, Mix & Match Family, and The Larson Lingo

CONVERSATION

36 comments:

  1. OMG thanks thanks ladies....seriously, it's an honor & pleasure to be chosen as one of your faves for the week!! Happy Holidays!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! It's been fun having you participate in the linkup and getting to know you better.

      Delete
  2. I love your Express interpretations!! And I totally agree. I love my heels to death, but they do not come with me to the airport. I'm not sure if I admire girls who can strut in their stilettos or what but I'm usually speed walking and heels would slow me down in more ways than one!! Have I mentioned how happy I am to be your cohost? <3
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The feelings are mutual! :) :) And yeah, I think I'm one part jealous of people who can wear heels and look that glam in an airport, but on the other hand...I wonder how they function and if their feet hurt as bad as mine would!

      Delete
    2. PS Before I even read your post, I had that sweater coat in Rosie's polyvore in my cart ready to purchase. But the responsible me closed out of the window. Sigh. I have $75 in rewards that I don't know what I should use it on!!

      Delete
  3. I love Kate's look. It's a great outfit for travelling. Sadly, I didn't have time to take photos for this week's link up. I will try to do so next week. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll miss seeing your style this week but we're glad to have you whenever it works for you!

      Delete
  4. I could not imagine wearing lace up boots through security! That would just be way too much effort for me, haha!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Maybe she has people that take them off and put them on for her, but I don't have time for that! She looks fab, though.

      Delete
  5. I love Rosie, Charlize, and Kate's looks! Thank you for hosting the link up:)

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have you joining us, Janise! Poor Carrie's getting no love...must have been that Sound of Music thing....

      Delete
  6. great style inspiration, thanks for sharing!!
    xx Vera & Rony
    http://wattwewear.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  7. I really enjoy the celeb inspirations and then the amazing express alternatives! So great to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I think it's nice to see that you don't have to have celebrity budget to dress like one. :)

      Delete
  8. I would wear all of these looks in a heartbeat whether I was traveling or not :) I think comfort is key. A great way to be comfortable includes comfortable jeans or leggings and a sweater. That's what I would wear! I didn't participate in this week's link up even though I wanted to. I didn't have the time! But I will be back with you girls next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries and looking forward to hearing about your holiday traditions next week! This is a crazy time of year and if I weren't hosting...I don't know if I'd be keeping up with the posts either!

      Delete
  9. So much many great outfit inspirations!! I agree comfort is key but I would definitely rock a pair of leather skinnies and a faux fur coat to the airport!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see you pulling that off! Plus your long legs would look amazing in those pants.

      Delete
  10. This is PERFECT! Im going on vacation next month and these are great outfit ideas :)

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristen! Glad you enjoyed it and I hope you're going somewhere fun!

      Delete
  11. I think I'm more of a Rosie when traveling but I'd love to be a Kate! Awesome outfit inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be a Kate too...but maybe pack a pair of those portable flats for when my feet start hating me....

      Delete
  12. Sorry for the delay! I'm so honored to be picked as one of your favs for the holiday link-up formal & semi-formal party theme!!!! This link-up is the beeze-neeze!!

    Have a lovely day!!
    ~Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that your look was too sexy to wear to the actual party- ha! But damn, that was a great dress on you!

      Delete
  13. Excellent star-style travel guide! It's important to be cozy. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carrie Underwood is so cute! Thanks for sharing these looks. Happy Holidays xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, someone gives Carrie some love! Maybe it was the full hair and makeup, but somehow I thought she dressed up her jeans & a sweatshirt in a good way.

      Delete
  15. Hi There! I can see that you and I are on the same page when it comes to leggings :) I love that the last two ones are casual but glamourous. I hope you've finished up your holiday shopping and have a Merrie Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Merrie! Glad you stopped by and love having you participate in the holiday link up!

      Delete
  16. Red tag Chic was one of my favourite looks from last week as well ( great choice). Love your style boards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda! We loved her dress, too! (obviously...ha!)

      Delete
  17. I love the idea of this post, it's so cute! Well done too. :)

    I just saw that everything is 50% off at Express now... why did I buy a bunch of stuff yesterday?? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! I especially like Rosie's look. Dropping by from the Pinspired linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Watermark Hotel Brisbane are offering the tour packages for different places. Now our current tour package is Brisbane Holiday Packages .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!