12/2/13

Star-Style Holiday Looks

|

Welcome to Week One of the Holiday Style series! If this is your first time here, you'll find that his blog isn't a personal style blog...it's more like a personal brand obsession blog. So for the first theme of this series, I decided to browse Pinterest for some celebrity outfits that look appropriate for a casual holiday party and see if I could re-create them  by shopping only at my favorite store. 

I chose the following five looks because they each have an element of holiday color, sparkle or winter warmth without crossing over into cocktail territory. They also represent age groups from 20s to 40s and variety of personal styles. So pick your favorite star or the one who best represents your style and scroll down to see how you can get the same look in a one-stop shopping trip.



KRISTIN CAVALLARI:
Kristin Cavallari- Express outfit duplicate, copycat look, plaid shirt, black skinnies
Kristin's Look: Tartan Plaid Convertible Portofino ,Stella Extreme Stretch Jean LeggingSuede Studded Pointed Toe Runway Pump,  Stud and Rhinestone Embellished SatchelGeometric Cut Out RingEssie Ballet Slippers (Apparently this is one of Kristin's favorite shades.)

REESE WITHERSPOON:
Reese
Reese's Look: Black V Neck SweaterHigh Waist A-Line SkirtQuilted Heel BootieCrocodile Embossed Turnlock SatchelWatchEssie Good As Gold (Image of Reese via Celebrity Style Guide)

OLIVIA PALERMO:
Olivia Palermo, Express copycat outfit, celebrity inspired outfit, jeans, black jacket, statement necklace
Lauren Conrad, copycat outfit, Express red dress, beige cardigan, quilted bag
Lauren's Look: Red DressCardiganLace-Up Peep Toe PumpBelt,  BanglesTriangle NecklaceHandbagEssie Parka Perfect

GWEN STEFANI:
Gwen Stefani, copycat outfit, inspired look, Express, polka dot sweater, leggings, mini skirt, boots
Gwen's Look: Polka Dot Sweater, LeggingsSkirtBootsScarfEarringsEssie Toggle to the Top

Okay, I admit that I cheated a little on my Express-only task with the nail polish, but a nice manicure is a great accessory to any outfit, so I couldn't resist adding that detail to complete the look.

Thanks for reading and I hope you found a little holiday style inspiration here today. And for more great outfit ideas, be sure to check out the bloggers participating in our link-up party below!

Linkup Button


How to Link-up:
1. Please follow More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express on Bloglovin'
2. Make sure your link is for your actual post and not your blog's home page. Even though this is Holiday Style themed, we do welcome all fashion related posts as long as these simple rules are followed.
3. Use the button provided, or add a link back to the hosts somewhere in your post.
4. Support your fellow bloggers by visiting and commenting on each other's posts! 

Next Week: 
The theme is Holiday Party Part 2: Formal or Semi-Formal Party! Will you be putting on an LBD this season? Or maybe a gown for a Black Tie Event? Show us what you wear to your formal and semi-formal holiday events.

More Pieces of Me        


CONVERSATION

22 comments:

  1. Way to go on all the looks. You rock! Thanks for the ideas!!!
    theshopaholicsahm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skye! I loved your sweaters and Express luggage today!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome!! What a great job! I think Kristin and Reese probably represent my style the best! Ok, they're all pretty great. It's tough to pick a fave. I love how versatile you are proving Express can be!
    -carylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks! I can definitely see you wearing the Reese look...although you'd probably have better accessories than she does. ;)

      Delete
  3. This is so fun! I just posted mine (sorry I'm late). Everyone looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle! And you're totally not late. :) Loved your outfit and ruffle jacket today.

      Delete
  4. Love these outfits. I'll link mine up on Wednesday =) Sorry for being late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sydney! And Wednesday is not late- whatever works for you is great! Can't wait to see what you wore. :)

      Delete
  5. Love how you recreated all those fab looks - I especially adore the grey polka dot sweater. Thanks for inviting me to join your link up!

    MY BLOG: ♥♥♥ Ella Pretty ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments and thanks for joining Ella! All of your holiday outfits are perfection!

      Delete
  6. Wow I am lusting over Kristen C's outfit so cute! I wonder if that is an actual express shirt she's wearing? Looks almost identical. I'm so excited about this blog hop-hoping I can keep up w your fabulousness ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Kristin's outfit pre-dates the Express shirt, so I'm sure her look cost 10x what the Express version does. But I agree - it's a very good duplicate!

      Delete
  7. We're such fans of Olivia, and her holiday style is impeccable! A great statement necklace can go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! she makes everything look glamorous.

      Delete
  8. Great blog.

    Love,
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the nice comment, Sofia!

      Delete
  9. Loving all these looks, doll! Great post!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashley! I could definitely see you wearing Kristin's outfit, although maybe it's because you were wearing a red plaid blazer today!

      Delete
  10. Hey, stopping by from Petite Career Girl! I really like your idea of re-creating celebrities' outfits...they are really nice! I also have my favorite stores to shop at and like that you used yours to create the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Merrie! And thanks for the nice comments. I'm so glad to have you sharing your great outfit in our link-up!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!