12/11/13

Finishing Touches: Necklaces

|
When I first started this blog, I knew one of the (many) things I really loved at Express and wanted to talk about was the jewelry. I have so many favorite pieces from Express that I reach for frequently. Everything from basic, everyday accessories to the elaborate, sparkly, and special occasion pieces. Yet I never got around to doing this post because I didn't think I could write enough content to get past these two bullet points:
  1. I like Express Jewelry.
  2. Here are pictures to convince you to like it too.
Point one was easy enough to cover. But once I started building my case for point two, I was in a little over my head. So instead of a mega-jewelry post I decided to break it down into a series of posts, starting with the type of jewelry I think Express does best. Necklaces...


Images credits clockwise from top left: Hapa Time, Sydne Style, More Pieces of Me, and More Pieces of Me. (Each link takes you to the outfit post with details on which Express necklaces they are wearing.)

First, I always like to mention celebrity sightings when I have a chance, so let's take a minute to acknowledge that this Graduated Spike Necklace is a little bit famous:

express graduated spike necklace

Chelsea Kane wore it on the ABC Show Baby Daddy. I can't say I watch the show (or had even heard of it prior to this post...) but I do have the necklace! Two points for Gryffindor!

Remember my comment about basic, everyday pieces? I think my posting history shows that my when-in-doubt necklace is this Sculpted Hoop Pendant Necklace:


As seen in various try-ons and reviews here:

Express sculpted hoop pendant necklace

Is it really unique or the kind that gets compliments? Not really, but sometimes I don't need a statement necklace. I just need a finishing touch, and this never fails me.

I guess I have a thing for circles, because when I need a longer necklace, I often grab the hoop pendant shown below on my friend Skye of The Shopaholic SAHM. I think she's even more committed to hers because she has it in gold and silver. The exact version of this necklace is currently unavailable, but there's a new version out now that's very similar.

Express circle hoop diamond cut pendant necklace


I'm thinking of branching out of circles in 2014 and adding some triangles into my collection, particularly this Three Row Pave Triangle Necklace. I came across it when creating a set for this post, and I've been wanting it ever since.

Express three row pave triangle necklace

If you're more of an initial person than a shapes person, Express Instagram showed this photo, featuring the Pave Disc Initial Pendant (only available in silver), and the Cut Out Initial Pendant (only in gold).

Express pave disc initial pendant, cut out initial pendant

And if you're dozing off right about now because all the basic necklaces are just not your thing, I'll move it right along to the heavy duty hardware. This is another Express Instagram photo, and it was quite a challenge to find the pieces displayed. Among them I see the Nested Cross and Bead Necklace, Cabochon and Rhinestone Omega Chain Necklace (in a slightly different color scheme), and the Flat Status Link Necklace.

Express Nested Cross and Bead Necklace, Cabochon and Rhinestone Omega Chain Necklace, Flat Status Link Necklace

Some other statement necklaces in the current Express collection that received some extra Instagram love are the Tiered Baguette and Box Chain Necklace,  Round Faceted Stone Link Necklace and Pyramid Stud and Basket Chain Necklace pictured below.


Express Tiered Baguette and Box Chain Necklace, Round Faceted Stone Link Necklace, Pyramid Stud and Basket Chain necklace

I think I've shown a sample of options from simple to elaborate, and from everyday basic to night-out glam, so I hope you saw something that suits your style. If you have a favorite necklace from Express or suddenly have a new one on your wishlist, I'd love to hear about it in the comments below!

Linking up with All Things ThursdayTres Chic Thursday, Tucker UpRebeccaShannaElizabeth, Alison, and Lauren

CONVERSATION

22 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty amazing necklaces! I haven't been into an Express in forever, I'll have to stop by! Dropping by from the Random Wednesday Linkup!

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Vicki and glad you saw some things you liked!

      Delete
  2. I am beyond happy that you featured me in today's post. It is such a pleasure to read your updates. Express has always had amazing accessories and I love that you highlighted that in your post today. Thanks for being so awesome!

    ~xx Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the feature. :) And thank YOU for helping me do my thing with your pictures!

      Delete
  3. Express has some great statement pieces! :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! And pretty reasonably priced, too, I might add!

      Delete
  4. Yep, I have no shortage of Express jewels.

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have another member of my fan club!

      Delete
  5. Love these necklaces!! Cant decide which is my favorite to order!!

    XOXO,
    Whitney
    The Retail Therapist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...I always want them all! It's hard to choose sometimes.

      Delete
  6. I don't know what it is about seeing me on someone else's blog that makes me so giddy! Thanks for the shout outs! I totally agree about their jewelry - it's all pretty awesome quality - some of my most favorite pieces are from Express, and with their B1G1 discounts, it's totally worth it! You have a good eye, my friend!
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Glad to have such a great model for my posts!! :)

      Delete
  7. Very nice inspirations!

    Federica
    http://www.thecutielicious.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi OtDE,
    I haven't been in express in about 10 years, but this jewelry collection is making me want to go back! I just bought an initial necklace like the one above from nordstroms this year, but I bet Express' was a much better price. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, well, I'm sure you know I think you should give Express another chance. They have a much bigger variety than they used to, in my opinion!

      Delete
  9. I had no idea Express had such great necklaces. I love their clothes - I was actually going to place another order tonight, but I never took the time to peruse the jewelry. Thanks for linking up!

    Elizabeth
    elizabethnygard.com

    ReplyDelete

  10. I have enjoyed reading your post. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort on your blog. I appreciate your effort. Please check out my site.
    uniquedesignsjewelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment vabna. :) I'm happy to check out your ebay store.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful! These pretty necklaces are looking damn stylish on everyone. I am going for a party next Friday and looking for Kate Spade necklace which will look good with my dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting blog, looking forward to more wonderful! swarovski crystal bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was such an amazing read. I always find something interesting in your blogs and at artisna.com as well. That is a wonderful place to buy Artisan Gold initial necklace online. Anyway, thanks so much and congrats on your articles!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!