12/30/13

Choose Your Own (NYE) Adventure

|
NYE

As of this morning, my New Year's Eve plans are currently undetermined. I haven't finalized whether I'll be:

1- Staying home and watching the countdown on TV, or
2- Going to a gathering at a friend's house.

Even though it's not in the cards this year, what I'd really like to be doing is:

3- Going out to a restaurant/bar for the evening

If you already know your plans for New Year's Eve, chances are they fall into one of these same three categories. So feel free to treat this post like a Choose Your Own Adventure book. Pick the image below that best represents your evening plans, then scroll down for some outfits I'm contemplating (or dreaming of!) for New Year's Eve.

Choose your own NYE Adventure 2


1. Kickin' it on the Couch

There's nothing wrong with staying in and staying safe on Amateur Night, and if I stay in I want to be as comfortable as possible. According to Redbook Magazine, men really dig this look, so I thought it would be a good one to copy. Besides, these sweatpants have rhinestones. Nothing says New Year's Eve Party on my Couch like Rhinestone Sweatpants.

 As usual, I shopped for each of these looks almost exclusively at Express. But I added a few details as needed (e.g. I'm not willing to let my feet get cold or go out without a manicure) from other places.

Casual Sweats outfit

Love Express Sweatpant Marled Rolled Sleeve Tunic Sweater / Jenna Slipper

2. Kickin' it....on Someone Else's Couch

I saw the look below on My Superficial Endeavors recently and thought it made a great holiday house party look, especially since I have similar items in my closet already. And I always try to wear boots or booties that require socks (instead of pumps) to house parties just in case I have to take off my shoes!

Sequin tank + blazer + jeans outfit

Sequin Swirls Tank (on super sale) / Tuxedo Jacket / Stella Destroyed Jean Legging Mixed Media Heeled Bootie / Wide Ombre Chain Fringe Earrings / Essie Berry Naughty

To be honest, I don't have the key pieces for this next look (specifically the Faux Fur Scarf and Asymmetrical Sweater) but I liked this look on Pinterest (source here) and thought it would make a great look for a casual-but-festive get together. The scarf adds a little glamour and makes it dressy...but not too dressy. Just right for a house party if you ask me.

Faux fur loop scarf Express outfit

Open Stitch Asymmetric Hem Sweater / Faux Fur Looped Scarf / Scuba Legging /Bead and Box Chain Snap Bracelet / Mixed Media Heeled Bootie / Oversized Ball Bead Clutch

3. New Year's Eve Full-on Fiesta

I have loved this Mila Kunis outfit since forever (a.k.a. 2011 when she wore it), and a night out on the town for New Year's Eve would be the perfect time to for me to wear a similar look. Rhinestone cuff and rhinestone shoes and sequin mini skirt is just a little over the top, you say? Pshhh. Bring on the bling! New Year's Eve is not the night I'm going to hold back and go for subtlety. If Express sold rhinestone tiaras I'd probably add that too!

Mila Kunis inspired sequin mini skirt outfit


Stay safe on your New Year's Eve and Happy Outfit Planning!

Linkup Button



Link-up Guidelines:
1. Go to a HOST page (More Pieces of Me or On the Daily Express) and click "Add My Link" at the end of our first post. Make sure your link is for your actual post and not your blog's home page. Even though this is Holiday Style themed, we do welcome all fashion and holiday related posts as long as the participation guidelines are followed.


2) Be sure that your post links back to at least one host (preferably both!). You can use a button on your blog or the link-up language of your choosing in your post, but please find a way to inform your readers of your participation in the Holiday Style Link Up in order to benefit all participants. In the spirit of the holidays we want to help each other grow, find new friends and readers, and share our love for fashion and festivities.
Check out our favorites:



3) Please follow More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express on Bloglovin'

4) After you post your link we hope you'll go check out other participants in the series and spread some holiday cheer with your comments and feedback!

More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express collaborated  to choose our favorites from last week's Holiday Traditions theme! So many great stories were shared, but these two stuck out to us the most! Be sure to read up if you missed them!



Next Week: 
The theme is New Year's Resolutions! What is your goal for 2014? Did you make a fitness or fashion resolution? How did you do on your resolutions for 2013? Tell us and show us all about it on the first Monday in January.
More Pieces of Me        
Linking up with Monday Must Haves, Funday Monday, Mingle Monday, Style Elixir

CONVERSATION

22 comments:

  1. i luv the choose your own ending :) I think i'll go with #1. My mom is coming in town and then we leave for Cali in the morning, so it will definitely be a night in. Have fun and see you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your time with your mom and your trip! :)

      Delete
  2. Great looks, doll! Happy 2014!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! And thanks for sharing your look with the linkup!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous post! Love the chevron dress!!
    Happy New Year!

    Whitney
    The Retail Therapist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! I think you would look great in that dress. :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you SO MUCH for choosing my post from last week. It was so fun to explore Christmas with my husband this year :) We hardly even celebrated last year, so this one was even better than we anticipated.

    We are planning on going to a friend's for NYE, and I love the ideas you featured for that option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I really enjoyed your thoughtful post and fun traditions and ideas!

      Delete
  5. Love that you shared all the ways to celebrate NYE! Still have no plans! Probably, hanging out with the family!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one in limbo with plans! Thank you so much for visiting Jacqueline, and I hope you enjoy your night!

      Delete
  6. You know, even if these are inspired looks, I can still get a sense of your own personal taste in these! I love Mila Kunis, and I love her look as well as your Express interpretation of her look! I also really love that you pick the polish to go along with all the looks! :)
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help it! Looks just aren't complete to me without a manicure. :)

      Delete
  7. I love Mila's skirt, it's gorgeous! You should go out and celebrate, I normally stay in when I don't make or find plans, but this year I will go out and celebrate.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your night out and stay safe! (And p.s. Mila's actual mini skirt is by Balmain if anyone wants to know. I don't think it's available anymore but it cost something like $5000....I'll definitely take the Express alternate for $60!)

      Delete
  8. Amazing post! I'll be at a friends gathering as well, though I'd prefer to eat a fabulous dinner instead!

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! Your post today on sunless tanner is perfectly timed for those of us who want bare legs on NYE! :)

      Delete
  9. I will be having a small get together at my house for NYE and I love the idea of look 3! Comfy but still a well put together outfit! Thanks for the inspiration!! Hope you have a great New Year!!

    Erica www.casuallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, I think I recall a look of yours that has a sweater with a fur collar already attached. 2-for-1 win! :)

      Delete
  10. Stopping by from Funday Monday Bog Hop! Our plan is dinner our, followed by couch time! Best of both worlds :)

    <3 Vicki
    wildeinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe, love the choose your own adventure story idea!!! I am #2, but substitute family in for friends. Thanks for the styling ideas!

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always inspired by your posts love all the wearable options. Happy new years! I'll be doing option 3 if I get out of work on time (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping by from Funday Monday Bog Hop....We're just going to have a pretty intimate dinner !..Btw, great ideas...Wish ya a pretty amazing 2014.

    K.
    http://hablemosfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!