10/28/13

Wear-to-Work Style Guide: Pants

|
Last week I did a side-by-side comparison of Editor and Columnist pants to explain the difference between the two main styles of dress pants at Express. This week, I wanted to follow it up with a Style Guide to show a variety of ways to wear both styles of pants for work.

I decided to group these sets by color of pants rather than style name so you can easily find the pants colors you already own (or want to purchase) and see how other people wear them to work. Every single pair of pants below are either Express Editor or Columnist pants. For all the rest of the outfit details (and to see more examples on their blogs of what they wear to work!), click the name below the photo. As always, thanks so much to each of my contributors for allowing me to use their photos!

BLACK PANTS:
Basic Black & White:
express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants
L-R: My Superficial Endeavors (MSE), Again, Outfitposts, MSE

Professional Styling:
express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants

Staying Warm:
express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants

Add Prints or Colors:
express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants

CHARCOAL GREY PANTS
express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants

BROWN AND TAN PANTS
express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants
 L-R: Outfitposts, CGHH, Outfitposts

express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants

LIGHT & WHITE PANTS
express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants

RED PANTS
express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants
BLUE & GREEN PANTS
express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants

In case you lost track, that was a collection of 37 different outfit ideas for Express Editor and Columnist pants. Not a bad collection if I do say so myself! If you want to re-create any of the looks above, here are a few current options to get you started:

express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants
L-R: GreyBlue, Tan, Black

express editor, columnist, dress pants, work pants
L-R: BlackWhiteBrown, Red

In addition to the pants, I noticed a few other items that were popular in the outfits above for completing wear-to-work looks. Here are some examples of the staples these ladies paired with their pants:

Sweaters and Cardigans:
Express sweater, cardigan, pullover, boyfriend, v neck
Stripe CardiganV neck sweater, Crew neck cardigan , Boyfriend Cardigan

Jackets and Blazers:
Express blazer, jacket
Camel, BlackLight Grey, Dark Grey

Blouses:
Express blouse, shirt, top, portofino, essential shirt
Portofino, Mixed Media Short SleeveLong Sleeve Essential Shirt, Printed Portofino (floral option out of stock)

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this Style Guide edition as much as I enjoyed putting it together!

CONVERSATION

9 comments:

  1. wow, major inspiration! I really need to check out the editors... I used to wear them exclusively when graduating college (scary: 11 years ago!) but haven't worn them in ages... thanks for the ideas!

    alyson
    www.theaveragegirlsguide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were my first "real" work pants, too...about that long ago. ;) I think my first pair actually came from TJ Maxx! Now I just go straight to the source.

      Delete
  2. such a great compilation! I really need to get into express to figure out my sizing again, I used to love their dress pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can sneak some extra shopping time into one of your work trips since you don't have Express in your town. Or start lobbying to get one in your town. :)

      Delete
  3. So many styling ideas! Love this. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun compilation! Thanks for including me!

    MK

    www.outfitposts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly!