9/30/13

The Portofino Style Guide

|
I don't have any proof to back this up, but I think the Convertible Sleeve Portofino Shirt might be the most popular shirt Express has ever made.  It has over 1,000 reviews on their website and an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. People love this shirt.  And Express keeps coming out with more colors and prints to keep us buying more.

I am definitely a member of the Portofino fan club. Maybe not the President (one reviewer on the Express website has 12 colors!), but a card-carrying member with a growing collection. I can't speak for anyone else, but I think the main reason I like it so much is its versatility. It goes with just about anything: jeans, pants, skirts, leggings or shorts. And that makes it work for almost any lifestyle and any occasion. 

A post about the Portofino shirt wouldn't be complete without some visuals to show its versatility and give a variety of options for how to style it. And thanks to some very kind bloggers out there, I am able to do just that. A GIANT thank you goes out to each of you ladies (and Portofino fan club members!) for allowing me put this together!  Click on the names below to go directly to all the outfit details for each photo.


Just add jeans:


express portofino shirt, jeans, denim looks



Work it with a pencil skirt:

express portofino shirt, studded, bitter grape, contrast, red lacquer, work outfit

All looks by My Superficial Endeavors: OneTwoThreeFour


Keep it short & sweet:

express portofino shirt with shorts, fluro pink, ivory, polka dot



Layered looks:

express portofino shirt styling options


Skirt styles:

express portofino shirt with skirts, mint, kelly green, white


Polka dot with a color pop:

express polka dot portofino shirt


Leggings love:

express striped portofino shirt with leggings


Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed the Portofino Style Guide! Please come back again soon for more discussion and reviews of Express clothes and products!

CONVERSATION

11 comments:

  1. This is great! And I agree- so versatile and def am Express win as far as design, fit, color options, and style! I could live off this shirt and their striped dresses :) But that's a whole other post... Thanks for the shout outs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dots!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those were so cute. The only problem with doing this feature was that suddenly I want ALL OF THE COLORS!

      Delete
  3. Love this post! All the outfits are so cute and give me new ideas! I am a big fan of these shirts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked the post! Thanks for contributing and checking it out. :)

      Delete
  4. Looks good! The portofino is my favorite! I can't stop wearing it clearly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am a big fan of the Portofino. I own 7. I have not worn all of them out yet, still some with tags, but that's just me. I will soon. Hopefully :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just remembered that I wore my dot portofino with wine skinnies and also with leggings and a camo jacket!
    PS I'm gonna mention this thread in my post today, so keep a look for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best! I just did a post on the Portofino. (: Let me know what you think!

    www.AndreaBeingolea.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I have 10 of these. I think I went overboard, so great post on styling them different. I am digging the ones with the pleated neckline no color. I wish they would bring back the mint green and the light peach back. Definitely winners that sold out too soon and the dark grey!

    I know this is Express' version of the Equipment slim signature fit blouse, but I have an Equipment blouse and the Express ones are way way better. They cut is better, the feel is better and they are machine washable unlike the Equipment ones which are dry clean only. On a sale you can nab a portofino for $25-$30. An equipment blouse on sale will run you about $170.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I sincerely appreciate each and every one and always do my best to answer questions promptly! Also, due to a recent influx of Spam unfortunately I've had to turn comment moderation back on. Apologies for the inconvenience!